Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: North Carolina AO Fan Meet: March 20 2--4(Sat) 5-7 pm Jillians ..Raleigh NC

Originally posted by Palla
    Can someone that knows the way to Jillians in Raleigh give me directions? I know the way TO raleigh, but need directions to Jillians. I'll be coming up I95 from Pembroke. I just get on 40, take that into Raleigh...but dunno where to go from there.
    If you take 440 (the beltline) from 40, take the Hillsborough St. Exit heading into downtown (ie, NOT Cary). Keep going down Hillsborough for several miles, past North Carolina State University. When you get to the bell tower, get into the right lane and keep heading straight.

As soon as you pass International House of Pancakes, get ready to take a slight dogleg right. This dogleg will take you to Morgan Street, past Charlie Goodnight's Comedy Club, and toward a bridge that goes over some old train tracks. Once you get to the stop light at the BOTTOM of the bridge (it ramps down) turn right. This SHOULD be Jillian's. You'll see a painted sign for Jillian's on the corner of one of the streets as soon as you pass the bridge, at any rate.

Jillian's doesn't really have any good place to park, so either find a place on the street, or go around the block and find an empty parking lot.
    Last edited by Amosco; Mar 10th, 2004 at 23:44:35.
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

Is anyone staying at the Clarion Hotel? hehe party in room 205!

Btw who is coming to the event from Funcom.
    Last edited by Nexious; Mar 4th, 2004 at 02:12:22.

I just moved (back) to Raleigh, so I will try to make it. No guarantees, though, as I just moved in last week and am not settled enough to make plans more than a few days in advance.

If you want to use an internet map, the Raleigh Jillians actual address is:
    117 S. West St
    Raleigh, NC 27603

If you want to use a paper map, it is on the corner of Morgan and West.

Re who is coming from Funcom..

Lucien, the ARK Manager is going, I'll be there and at least a few others

Re the Clarion party.. is that Saturday night? approx time?

Jillians has valet parking too, i think its $5. they park ya in the warehouse directly across from the Jillian's door.

If yer an out of towner heres a lil bit about Jillians. theres a huge arcade, buncha nice pool tables, air hockey, etc. its mostly a yuppie/frat bar, and dress is usually casual to dress-casual. i'm not a yuppie/frat guy and ive been a buncha times and had fun.
    theres standard bar food available and also a japanese-steakhouse style grill.

air hockey baby!
    Last edited by spinningmantis; Mar 11th, 2004 at 11:11:17.
    MP's Rock! Always have. Always will.

200+ MP
    200+ DOC
    149 MA

I don't know what time or what room yet(205 was my room number from Otakon)... I will inform everyone when I get there.

Jillians is like Dave and Busters. Basically, a Chuck-E-Cheese for adults. Scary, really.

I think Kyuzo gonne be there in ONLY Buttless chaps, a Ninja Mask and 2 butter knives he calls his 'nippys'.

See ya there kids in a few hours!
    Comprehension : The knowledge that is acquired by the act of grasping the meaning, nature, or importance of; understanding.

Katelin "Fleat" Tapanes-Musashi 216/16 ADV - Retired President of Coven of Hunters

Tastless 200+ NT
    Wilkes 208 Crat
    Fleaa 90 MA
    Squiggele 60 GA1 Fixer
    Denial 145Keeper
    Langsam 151 Doc

Currently leaving from VA.

Had a great time! Thanks to the whole FCom team who worked hard to set this up.

Photos/more on the event here:
    http://www.coh-ao.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=3771#3771

Nice pictures and more.

Iron RoedranWill 220/AI23
    Field Marshall | Rimor

thanks Funcom for the fun afternoon, and the phat l3wt. it was great to meet so many of the arks and funcom employees, as well as my fellow players. hope to see some pics of the event soon!

to make things clear to those who attended, i'm the fellow who passed out the Compilation CD's and band stickers.

if you see me on RK1 say hi, im always willing to buff you guys with MP goodness, or build implants for free. don't hesitate to message Samantiss or Troxxdoxroxx if you need anything.
    MP's Rock! Always have. Always will.

200+ MP
    200+ DOC
    149 MA

Yes, this was a blast. Met lots of cool people, the ARKs were totally awesome and the uber ph@t L3wt.

Lots of prizes, lots of Funcom employees, and, surprisingly for an internet/gaming event, no wierdoes. Or at least no people who were wierd in a bad way...

AO is a big game, of course, so I only knew three players and one ARK from the game. I think there were about as many ARKs/GM/FC staff there as players.

1) We should do this again.

2) I got lots of cool stuff.

3) We should do this again.

4) Did I mention I got cool stuff?

5) We should do this again.

6) The RL Azure Cobra of Orma is jealousy-provoking.

7) But I got lots of cool stuff. Like a mousepad (to replace my dog-eared Max Payne mousepad). And a keychain. And the soundtrack CD.

8) Other people got cool stuff, too. Like posters and Prophet Without Honor and Jobe Luxury Apartments, but I had all that already.

9) We should do this again.

10) Somewhere less noisy.

As a local to the event (live in Cary), makes me wonder if there is enough local folks -- including the GMs who work 24/7 out of the tiny Durham office -- who'd like to get together on a more regular basis somewhere?

/me pictures a small group hanging out in my home with 4-5 comps hooked up to my broadband connection playing a few hours/having some laughs...

Anyone?

Field Marshall | Rimor

Thumbs up

I'm a local(out in Fuquay-Varina) and would definately would attend something like that.

Well... It's intended for game industry people, but there's an IGDA chapter in the Triangle. The IGDA up in DC met about once a month. The one down here seems to meet about once every 2-3 months, but it's better than "annual."

Pics of Kyuzo and I chillin' in nearby Cary today...

http://www.coh-ao.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=3780

BEWARE HECKLERS OF CAROLINA

Field Marshall | Rimor

Was that kid in the background riding one of those new yalms I heard about?

Thumbs up

Roedran those are absolutely hilarious!

I say AO party at your place. We can bring friends and drag them kicking and screaming into the game....*eg*

But very very hilarious. *thumbs up*

I know some people hung out and sent tells to one another on the patio at Jillian's once we were kicked out of the restaurant area. I would have stayed and socialized, but my org held the Atrox Bikini Contest on Rimor and then had an RP event that I am glad I didn't miss. I would have stayed later if it hadn't been for that.

So, how long did you guys hang out? Did you go downstairs and play pool?
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast