Thread: missions broken = game stopper

missions broken = game stopper

I can't "blitz" missions anymore. This is the only thing I do when I play. I can't play with broken missions. The game has now stopped for me.

To FunCom: are you planning to fix the missions so that I can run through and get the mission item in "find item" missions? I would like to know, so that if it isn't I can find another game.

Why do the basic aspects of the game change so often, it's like I have to learn a whole new game every patch; it's very frustrating.

This is a game-stopper issue, as you can tell by the number of theads a posts related to it.

Describe item mission...

Describe item missions are not often working even when the person takes the time to clear out the entire mission for a token.

Last night, I did three "describe item" missions (where you just grab the item and receive the money and reward then and there), and only two were successful.

I didn't pick the item up as I had before the patch, but simply clicked on it and waited for the mission to complete. Like I said, it worked twice, but the last mission gave no recognition that the item I found was the one to be "described".

I know they aren't working when you're being attacked. Whether this intentional or not, who can tell? I do recall that Funcom said mission blitzing for cash is okay, but you won't get a token that way. Did they change their minds?

At any rate, for those of us who do kill everything, it's pretty disappointing to get nothing for our efforts.

The settings I've always used are "bad/money", which yield often crappy reward items but offer a decent amount of cash.

- Misophist/Frenetic
    RK1

Angry cant complete

Hi, I did my first mission today because AO said they were fixed, I finally found one that wasnt miles away again, got there cleared the dungeon first so I could have a chance of a token.

All i had left to do was observe a bird, well I observed it for about 10 mins and nothing happened, so I tried to leave the dungeon and come back in again, it crashed.

logged in again, observed the bird again, still nothing so I just killed it. waste of time.

While i was doing this I was talking to a friend and his mission would'nt complete either.

So please can somebody look into this.

I've also crashed out of the game 3 times since the last patch, its never happend to me before.
    weredoomed
    Clan Fixer lvl 25 RK-1

If you want to give God a laugh, tell him your plans for the future

Try the 'return item' missions

The return item missions seem to be working - I know it delays the instant gratification of the 'describe item' missions, but until they fix the problem, it's better than nothing.

what are the settings for "return item" missions?

Hehe..

Well, the missions that weren't working before are now functional, yet those we could depend on pre 13.0 are screwed up. Sigh!

i assumed that "get item" or ALL BAD, ALL MONEY missions were ok in test and in live post 13.0 because a did a few.

I did two today, and they were broken.

these are the kind where the item is in the dungeon and all you have to do is retrieve it.

I usually only have to click on the object, or pick it up (either or) and i get the appropriate reward, xp, money or token depending upon the conditions i have fulfilled.

Today i did two in Clon****. Neither worked. One was a "small" mission, the other "large." I killed all mobs.

This mission type has NEVER been broken in the past. This is the first time Ive seen it broken (sigh) and is my favorite type, as you get to keep the item, the reward, token and money.

Two possible causes:

When obtaining this mission, i was saved in Tir and got the mission in Borealis at the booth across from the whompa. When picking ALL BAD, ALL MONEY, it yeilds only two missions.

also, you cannot "sell" or trade items for the "backpacks", I got the message "you cannot trade this from your backpack...(yet)"
    a tangential problem, but perhaps there is new code with respect to items in your inventory, and perhaps that is part of the problem.

Angry Mission briken after fix!

Hi
    I made 5-6 Find Item missions after the 13.0 patch, and they worked fine.
    But after the message that they had “fixed” the server crashes nothing work.
    Yesterday I made 4 Find Items and 2 Find Person missions and they all failed.
    I have made hundreds of these missions before without failing, so something is definitively broken here.
    At all times the Items or Person was there, but it was “dead” and didn’t trigger mission success.
    Anyone have a tip on mission types that still woks?

Decryption-missions work fine (the ones were you head off to a "dungeon" and look for a terminal, icon contains a yellow cogwheel).

I'd also like to note that the MOTD in the launcher says that the missions are in the process of getting fixed. IE, not with the next patch but asap. As I remember it, it's already on the test server. Any word from there?

/Nev

Ahemm. Read the forum topic, anyone?

I almost always see only posts in here that are only related to game mechanics, nothing that has to do with TECHNICAL (i.e. crash, sound/gfx problems, zoning) issues. Why can't you people just please atleast *try* to use the proper forums for things?

Please don't make this become another "General" forum of the old....

FIX IT MISSIONS DO WORK, YEA!

ok, so i dont really like these kind cuz in the past they DIDN'T work, i just tested one, and i cleared a large mission playfield, the yellowish rocky kind w/ the pool in the middle of the center area, killed all mobs, no NPC humanoid (yea!) and then went back to the room w/ the Flame Slapon thingee.

I got the reward, token, money

Unhappy FIX MISSIONS PLEASE!

----------------------------------------

I play on RK1. So far the missions that i find that are working are the "Use an Item on an Item" missions. You can get these missions by moving the settings all the way to "Good," "Order," and "Money."