(( This is a story to introduce a new group into AO's community. More parts will follow this one. Note Swiftmind is not in this story…as of yet. ))

Stone of Desire

The day was ending, the buildings now casting large shadows onto the streets. But that doesn’t stop the daily gatherings at Borealis Fair Trade. But he never noticed. His mind was always fixed on it. The very one thought of it. What rewards could come with such power. Ever since that day, he could not stop thinking of it. It infested his mind, consumed his heart to a point of not caring for nothing else. He sat there lumped over on the bench, staring down thorough the glass table at his feet. He hadn’t moved since he got there, nothing but full cup of water in his hand. Yet his thoughts was disrupted,

“Give me my pie! Youd say it was on the house. Me look, it not on the building. I want pie!” Shouted one of the atroxs at the bar. His other atrox friend sat eagerly waiting with a drink in his hand. The bartender shrugged and spoke something, but he could not hear.

He looked up from the table and took a glace around. Two women sat at the table across from him, two neutrals it looked like. They were talking about there trips in the Shadowlands. Behind the two women was an empty table and then of course the Atroxs. He laughed to himself watching the Atroxs. They try to think so hard, yet it is not enough. He started turning his head to the left; down far from him was a table of four men, dressed in Omni-Tek uniforms. All of them involved in some conversation. He tried to listen in…

“…but I must say it has gotten great attention.”
“Yes it has, I hear we are looking into it with great concern.”
“I can’t believe you two; you actually think they can create a government? I will be surprised if they could even write a book.”
“But the fact is that many will follow if this new government happens. Rebels banning together is not one I favor.”
“You are absurd. The truth is they can not band together. That is a foolish hope they have.”
“But I want my pie!” shouted the Atrox again at the bar.

He stopped listening and continued to look around. He saw two clanners come in and sit to the table next to the Omni politicians. The clanners grinned as they dumped out a pile of dog tags that was taken from Omni citizens. They quietly grinned and counted them, just loud enough for the politicians to notice. The last tables on his left were empty, old cups left. He heard all the chatter from the trading going on in the next room. “Where is he” he thought. He looked back down towards his feet again.

The door opened, a man in a white cloak and hood rushed in towards him. The white cloaked man look around one last time before sitting across from him on the table. He did not remove his hood but sat waiting for some short of acknowledgment of his presence.

“Your late….” he sternly said to the white cloaked man.
“I know I was held up by some “minor” business.” responded the white cloaked man.
He shook his head, “Always something minor…I have things needed to be done Carnak! There is no time to waste.”
“Sorry Sir, but there is always time to waste when you are immortal.” Carnak said as he removed his white hood.
Sir’s eyes lit up as he mumbled something, “Yes…yes immortal. Thank you Carnak for another good reason.” Sir wrote down something in a notepad.
Carnak looked around, “Well? What is this all about then?”
“You will see.” said Sir as he took a drink for the first time. “What about our new friend, the doctor?”
“Ah, Dr. Browman, he could be useful to us” said Carnak as he gave a sinister smile.
“Yes. Yes he was. Until you lost him. I don’t hire fools to do my work! What the hell did you let him go for?!” Sir questioned loudly, which gained the attention of the two women.
Carnak was trying to think of a reason, “Well he is no use to them at all.”
Sir seemed disgusted at the comment, “Yes, he is…they all are. We need…need…all of them!”
Carnak raised an eyebrow, “Who needs the body when the mind is not present?” he questioned in a smartass way. “I wanted to show what I could do.”
“There is no need to show off…NOT when we are so close.” Sir snapped back.
“Well if this Notum was not present in the atmosphere, this would all be over by now!”
Sir lumped down, he seemed to be in distant thought, “notum…” he mumbled.
After a few moments Sir coughed and straightened himself, “Oh, yes…yes I know. But we must get more of the scientists to help us.”
“If only we could get close to them.” Carnak commented in a short of complaining tone.
“They are clever, but not too clever. We are learning everyday and soon we will get them. Yes….yes we will.” Sir said with a grin.
“With my brother out of the way the others should be easy.” Carnak said with a large smile.
Sir nodded slowly and looked at Carnak, “We will see…”

(( more to come... ))