Thread: Newland Councilman Speaks Out!

Newland Councilman Speaks Out!

A Newland City Councilman requests a meeting with FJRK Editor-In-Chief Arlson Whells, and makes a very bold statement about Newlands future.

A Newland City Council representative asked me to meet him at the bar in Fair Trade in Borealis early this morning.

We met and chatted for a little bit, but he quickly got to the point. He asked that I not disclose his name to we'll just call him "John".

John: "We on the Council have decided the time has come for change. Ms. Warr and her Mercenaries have fulfilled the duty we required of them when they were hired. The situation is no longer what it was, and it's time for Newland City to catch up with the times."

Arlson:"Does that mean the Council has decided on new City Defenders?"

John: "It does. I can't discuss it at great lengths right now, but suffice to say that Ms. Warr's troops have fulfilled the obligations and the purpose for which they were originally hired. As you know, we ruled out Automated Bot Defenders already, but have received a VERY intriguing offer for equipping a citizen-soldier militia should we create one. Nothing is final, there is a great deal to be done still."

Arlson: "I see. Might I ask what has taken so long for the Council come to this decision?"

At this point "John" become quite nervous, he spoke quietly and deliberately.

John: "We're concerned. We've been wanting this change as long as our citizens have been demanding it, but the fact is we have a potentially hostile, armed, experienced army roaming our streets. While we hope Ms. Warr will take the news properly, her soldiers might not. We don't want a bloodbath in our own streets!"

Arlson: "Understandable. So what now?"

His nervousness faded however, it was good to see his fire, determination... even patriotism show through. He finally got to the crux of his message.

John: "It's time the people knew. That's why I've asked you here. We want all neutral citizens to be informed, and vigilant. Any help the Clans or Omni-Tek can spare is naturally appreciated. We don't expect trouble, but we want to be ready in case trouble wants us. We don't fear reprisal anymore, we are to be a free City and a haven for all. Newland is NOT afraid, and it's time that our citizens united in spirit and arms to ensure that we move ahead into the future. We will not be held back, we will not yield, we will not live in fear any longer!"

Arlson: "I certainly sympathize with your cause old friend. I'll do my part and get your message out."

I finished my tea, and our chat concluded quickly. He wanted me to inform all interested parties that there will be an Official Press Release by the Newland City Council today details are below.

WHAT: Newland City Council to Publicly Address the City Defenders Proposal
    WHERE: Neuters R Us Bar, Newland City
    WHEN: 2200 Rubi-Kan Standard Time
    WHO: Members of the Press, and the General Public are invited.

I for one am very interested in hearing what the Council has to say.

"For the people. For all peoples. The truth will set you... Free."
    The Free Journalists of Rubi-Ka

Dr. Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu:

This should be interesting. I blew past the Warr guards before they could even shout at me - though I refuse to put down my weapon, especially after what happened to Otori.

I look forward to ANY decision the Newland Council makes, even if it is openly admitting Omni affiliation. Better than this sketchy (even for Neuts) setup.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

It is great to finally hear that the Newland City Council has decided to take notice and action to the wishes of the Neutral city's citizens. The time has come to make a decision to remain in the past or look foward to the future. It is clear that the bold decision made by the Council came from much analysis and research into the situation and your efforts should be commended.

Despite efforts by a yet unidentified merc group to hire saboteurs within the corporation in an attempt to stop the Newland Guards Initative, let it be known that Omni-Tek have done their part in aiding the Neutral citizens in their efforts to strive for peace, security and stability on Rubi-Ka.

Question, what date is this meeting to take place?
    Last edited by Kithrak; Feb 2nd, 2004 at 22:00:22.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Dr. Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu:

Update on the Meeting and Attack:

http://www.mmo-dawn.com/viewtopic.php?p=65#65

Those... THUGS! THey attacked us all, right after the announcement that JAME would take control of NLC's defenses. Exactly what I feared would happen, in my discussion with the press authorities before the announcement. Were it not for the Clan, Neutral, and Omni citizens present for the announcement, Councilman Thano may well have been killed!

What is truly disturbing here is that Newland City may as well be in a state of war after this...
    Last edited by Zagadka; Feb 2nd, 2004 at 22:56:23.

Looks like Loren follows in brother Ians footsteps. Turning against an employer like that does not make for a good reputation in merc circles. Anyway, Loren has now proved to be a menace to society, and must be thrown out.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

When is this happening on Rimor? The conference? What is RK Standard time?
    lol hehe wtf pwnt bbq

Originally posted by Aulial
    When is this happening on Rimor? The conference? What is RK Standard time?
    ((It is happening on Rimor right now. RKST seems to be GMT))

Talking

(OOC: More to come!!)
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.