Thread: We need 14.2 tested regarding pvp

We need 14.2 tested regarding pvp

Is it only me that think it is stupid that live-server is used to test pvp-balance instead of the test-server? And do you think people on test-server pvp daily as a lot of the posters here, and thereby have the knowledge to test the issues concerning pvp as it is happening on live?

Well, it is pretty obvious what my opinion is and please come with your comments here: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...&postid=426590
    ~Lone

Why even bother testing it

Agent ith ithaca and 150ish yatmachumi sits on roof in 2HO someone enters agents start counting. 15 seconds he cast Concetration line right away pressing H he is now concelaed Aimedhot FlingShot and couple shots with ithaca everyone with less then 6k Hp will be hug reclaim.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Re: We need 14.2 tested regarding pvp

Originally posted by Noer
    Is it only me that think it is stupid that live-server is used to test pvp-balance instead of the test-server? And do you think people on test-server pvp daily as a lot of the posters here, and thereby have the knowledge to test the issues concerning pvp as it is happening on live?[/url]
    Lots of people pvp on test. What pvp bugs have slipped through recently that you are concerned about?

Ever consider making test character and pvping with it?

Scorus

Ever considered that lvl 20 pvp isn't the same as lvl 200 pvp?

You simply can't create a test-environment with boosted chars. Not a test-environment mirroring how the game is on live anyway.
    ~Lone

Most of the changes are made for pvm.
    Id say we need a 14.4 PvP patch !

I think that being able to copy your characters over to test should be possible in any situation. If they want proper testing, then give us the toolset to test with.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Poweredge's Soldier Guide (Now Sticky!)

You want to use CAC in SL? READ THIS

Originally posted by Dscaper
    I think that being able to copy your characters over to test should be possible in any situation. If they want proper testing, then give us the toolset to test with.
    The tech isn't there. They would have to massively upgrade the test server before they could do anything like what you are talking about.

The big problem is that a ton of people would go there to find out where all the new phat l00t is and lag the heck out of all the people there to test things. I used to lead the chorus of people wanting to mirror characters onto test, but since I've experienced test and seen the number of people that log in once just to see new stuff on every new patch and experienced the lag, it just wouldn't work.

Scorus

It is the only way to get the stuff tested. If their test-server can't handle it - it needs to be upgraded.

So you prefer to have aspects of the game untested to protect some useless loot.
    ~Lone

The fact that the hardware may not be able to handle the test load is a POOR excuse.

"Let's not test this properly because our test system is not up to par"

I'm a systems admin/programmer, and I know that you can get fired for crap like that.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

so........

whats everyone gonna do now that pvp is unplayable?

Originally posted by grahamX0r
    so........

whats everyone gonna do now that pvp is unplayable?
    Someone will take advantage of it someone will just hide in missions dungeons and will quit the game once rich lvl 200
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Post Hmm...

Tougt we had 2 testservers....Rk-1 & RK-2

Unhappy I agree

Some the changes in 14.2 reguarding agents is for pvp. Who on the test server pvp's? Bunch lv 7's pvping? Varity of bugs come up from changes in 14.2 that would effect pvp a great deal. Hoping capture territory will be seen really soon in patch

FC want to balance PvP, so they make UVC self only becuase crits are too powerful and then they give another prof a 100% crit chance?

Can someone please explain the logic to me?

If they feel that they need to give agents a crit buff I think it should be a buff that makes the first shot in an attack with 100% chance to crit and make the cast time long (like 20 sec) so they need to cast it before they enter combat, so the scenario would be something like they cast the nano, sneak toward their victim and AS it for an insane amount of damage, after that the victim are aware of them and they will do normal damage.

I havn't see the req on the nano, but I think it should be high so it would only work to cast it when they are agent and not FP anything else.

But this thread was about being able to actually test it on test center, so BUMP for that
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

There's a whole line of the 100% nanos. I'm not sure if the duration steps up to the 6s duration nano, but the lower nanos have a longer downtime between uses (15 mins for the bottom one I think)
    Dest