Thread: Patch happens tomorrow (thursday 2nd of May) yay!

Patch happens tomorrow (thursday 2nd of May) yay!

2002-04-29 11:25:17

Servers going down Thursday 2nd of May
    All servers will go down on Thursday 2nd of May for a server patch. The servers will be down for 3 hours and will go down at 10.00 am GMT

2002-04-29 11:25:17

Don't think they'll advertise that one, they want a window of escape when 14.2 hits. To get away from angry mobs of people with torches, shovels, hay-forks and lynching ropes
    Corine "Lifedelite" Harrist - 198 clan doc - Rimor - President of EcoDisaster <---- semi-retired
    Angel "Speeddragon" Dust - 74 clan Fix - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- semi-fanatic
    Fighter "Reflekt" Gunz - 169 clan Sol - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- I like Guns! equipment

Originally posted by Intra
    dont worry, its not 14.2
    Better not be 14.2.. One day on test and then we patch.. well it's FC so it's not that unlikely.. but I think you are right in this case
    Elements of Destruction

[Virre lvl 164 Enf ] [Virrefix lvl 50 Fixer] - Part Time Hobby -

[Current Config]

Your answers were split as follows:
    Explorer 66%
    Killer 53%
    Socializer 46%
    Achiever 33%

We Will Miss You Wrangeline

if not 14.2, what? some emergency bug-patch-thingy?

I demand more information about it!

its a patch for a new network code.
    Cz has just posted in the community forum warning people that it will break AOMD

the code's been in place for compression, now it's being "flipped on" while we're being "flipped off"

Anyway, AOMD isn't that important with resizable windows.. might take a little longer, but not much... and AOMD will most likely be patched to compensate.

MORB already posted a new version of "Clicksaver" that does not even use WinPCap, and works fine no mater what compression is used.

Go grab it, he posted it on aovault.ign.com
    DrSquick - 134 Doc
    BloodSquick - 104 agent
    BrainSquick - 59 Crat
    Others: 42 NT, 27 MA, 14 Eng, 30 Enf