Thread: Omni-Tek Protects

Omni-Tek Protects

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Executive Markle Hodges

Omni-Tek Press Corps. CEO Markle Hodges discusses recent accusations of improper law enforcement with Omni-Pol Sub-Department President Katelin Ukblizzard Mcchristion.

I was approached recently by a fellow Omni employee while I was enjoying an afternoon at the Rompa. The gentleman struck up a conversation and was discussing the very negative press of late surrounding an Omni-Pol sub-department. I of course had heard about the arrest shortly after it happened, but never imagined things would get so heated over the issue.

After carefully reviewing all recent coverage, I decided it was time that the one important side of this story was told. The one that has been carefully tip-toed around by my journalistic fellows across the planet.

Rather than write things out myself, I'll let the words of the Omni-Pol Sub-Department President do the speaking. I was lucky enough to get an impromptu distance interview with Ms. Mcchristion, and the following are excerpts from our lengthy discussion.

M.H."From an Administrators point of view, please give me the important facts as you see them, from start to finish, on the issue thus far."

K.C."I see that OC (Omni Communications) issued an order, which one of my officers believed to be valid. He ensured that those detained were safe. He went on to free those detained. He then went on again to ensure Otoris safety when he was imprisoned by someone else." (Who's name is being withheld to protect their identity.)

M.H."Fair enough. Please discuss a bit about OT Departments Authority to issue warrants for arrest. I have to say, that's new to me as well. I though only OP, the AF and other special services groups could do that."

K.C."Any crime that we are given details of .. even su****ions, are obviously treated with care and follow procedures. If an OT department had advised us of a **** or murder, wouldn't it be our responsibility to do everything we can to ensure that it is not possible for it to happen again? I realize that in this case broadcasting illegally is not life threatening... but it is our responsibility to protect. We have to take action and follow up investigations."

M.H."Did Omni-Com in fact ISSUE a warrant for arrest, or advise OP of their su****ions.. or present evidence of criminal action?"

K.C."It was suggested that the detention of said DJ should take place upon the charge stated."

M.H."Can you tell me if claims are substantiated before arrests are made?"

K.C."As I said, it is our responsibility to ensure the safety of all parties. If a claim is made on someone and it is false, maybe that party who made the accusation wants to see bad come of he they accused."

M.H."Excluding ALL external factors. If a plaintiff lodges a complaint, and your officers act upon it, the person is found to be innocent... what actions are taken against the plaintiff for filing a false report?"

K.C."Excluding external factors such as media slander, my actions will be to investigate why an innocent was put in such a distressing situation for no reason. Myself and Mr. Kozar I am sure will be looking into this, it is not just Omni-Pol whos time was wasted, it was theirs as well."

M.H."How often do receive warrants from arrest from other Omni Departments? Would say very frequently, occasionally, sporadically, or rarely ever?"

K.C."Personally never. As a department, unfortunately I don't have the records of the last year at hand."

M.H."Nearly done. How does OP coordinate with the ICC when arrests must be made on neutral property and in this instance, can you clarify that OP did in fact have ICC permission to make the arrest?"

K.C."I cant disclose our methods. It is confidential. The ICC on this occasion took longer than usual in responding. The safety of Otori, guilty or not, was of paramount importance."

M.H."So in this instance, the action was taken before ICC confirmation could be obtained? True or false?"

K.C."Action was taken to ensure his safety."

M.H."Finally, do you have any direct statements you would like me to include verbatim in the Op-Ed on your behalf?"

K.C."While we have measures provided within our protocols, the Command team of Omni-Pol and myself are working together to ensure compliance by all officers employed by Omni-Pol within our sub-department It isn't just us who work to protect the citizens of Rubi-ka, it is Omni-Tek as a whole, and those who support us that allow justice to be served, and peace maintained for the greater good."
    With information from Mr. Zix's report on ICC Actions in mind, we can see clearly that the Division of Omni-Pol involved followed standard operating procedure to the letter, and acted with the safety of the accused in mind.

It's not the fault of this Division that the ICC Group responsible for authorizations dropped the ball, and the time taken waiting for a response from those responsible in the ICC could have meant the death of an innocent man. His detainment was as much for his safety as for the alleged charges.

Additionally, it should be made clear, that Omni-Com did not in fact issue a warrant for arrest. They sent a message to this law enforcement agency stating that they had strong reason to believe the individual was involved in illegal activity. They also made it clear that the individual may be in personal danger, hence the urgency of the warrants generation.

I for one commend the arresting Corporal, the President of this Omni-Pol division, and the efficiency of action demonstrated in a confusing situation. It is exactly this efficiency and dedication to duty that demonstrates that there is NO breakdown in Omni Law and Order. This clearly demonstrates the opposite. Think on what you've read here the next time you hear someone accuse Omni-Tek of not caring about all citizens of this world.
    Last edited by Xnemth; Feb 1st, 2004 at 00:35:12.

Re: Omni-Tek Protects

Originally posted by Editor: OTPC
    Additionally, it should be made clear, that Omni-Com did not in fact issue a warrant for arrest ... hence the urgency of the warrants generation.
    heh. hehe. hehehe.

... that demonstrates that there is NO breakdown in Omni Law and Order. This clearly demonstrates the opposite.
    So, the fact that, despite there being, as claimed (kinda sorta) that there was not even a warrant issues, officers acted upon said phantom warrant by inserting themselves into neutral territory and "securing" personel of a Clan-affiliated broadcasting station signifies no breakdown in Omni Law and Order?

I find it MORE disturbing that both Omni-Pol and the ICC claim that a warrant was issued to them and approved, while Omni-Com maintains the opposite. If something like this happens again, I sure do hope that more interest is taken in finding the source of the problem...

This entire issue just gets more and more confusing and shocking as details are uncovered... and we still haven't even covered exactly WHY this DJ was such a huge thread to Omni-Tek. If he had been a common citizen on the streets, no one would have likely noticed and his claims denounced as Clan lies.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist