Thread: New Tactics for the Notum Wars

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

New Tactics for the Notum Wars

New Tactics for the Notum Wars
    Korev Jurik

(IRRK) - For what feels like millenia now, Omni-Tek and the Clans have been at war over notum. Technology provided by Omni-Mining, and allegedly stolen by the Sentinels, has led to numerous battles over this precious commodity responsible for nanotechnology as we know it today.

But now, the wars have introduced new tactics with specialized groups on both sides dedicated to the annhilation of the enemy's mining operations. Demolition Squad is perhaps the best known of these groups -- a Clan-affiliated organization rumored to have close ties to the well-known clan Storm. Responsible for such actions as the recent attacks on the Omni-Tek mining operations administered by the Need for Speed detachment, the Demolition Squad has been a thorn in Omni-Tek's side since the day it was formed.

"Pure and simple, we're about fear," says Demolition Squad member Auxin. "People run from us, or have to bring in several other groups to save their operations from our single Clan."

Reflecting the success of these tactics, Omni-Tek has begun to field their own special ops forces. Some of the Departments selected for these crucial operations are: N.E.R.V. and the tauntingly named Reconstruction Squad. I spoke with Wildcardz, the leader of N.E.R.V. as well.

"We're fighting roughly every Clan that thinks about trespassing on Omni-Tek mines," said Wildcardz. "It's come to the point where peace is no longer an option."

Whatever comes of these new ways of waging war, one thing is certain: the genie can't be put back in the bottle. The omnipresent battle that blankets Rubi-Ka has changed forever, and only time will tell how that change will affect this world.

Dr. Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu:

First of all, great job, ICC. Mission accomplished.

Second off, who really cares. These organizations only cause grief with their constant swapping of low-rated bases. The people mainly affected by their competition is themselves and any new arrivals who want a piece of the action. Glorifying their exploits only plays into their hands.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

What i find realy interesting is that ICC with it´s multi-million (maybe even Billion) think-tank missed what their rules for free Notum mining on Rubi-Ka would cause.

Ever since the mining of surface Notum was let free under a rule that says more or less "If you can hold it, it´s yours. If not, Too bad, so sad." Rubi-Ka has been working it´s way steadily to another civil war, and i think pretty much everyone saw that coming when they read the news that first day. But for some weird reason all the egg-heads in ICC missed that fact.

It would have been so easy for them to set a rule that gave (for example) Clan 45% of the surface Notum areas, Omni-Tek another 45% and the remaining 10% to the Neutrals. But no, they set rules that has caused more or less open warfare on a scale not seen since way before the Tir Accord.

Add to that that they are covering for a known criminal, and you start wondering what ICC, or at least ICC Rubi-Ka section, is all about.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

I think it's fairly obvious what the ICC is doing. They're trying to make it clear to Omni-Tek that we do not have a monopoly on the notum. At this point I'm just glad we only have the Clanners and a few decently powerful Neutral parties to deal with; I'd hate to see what SOL Banking would do if they had towers in the terraformed areas of Rubi-Ka.

On the matter of Demolition Squad... they definitely aren't alone. As a matter of fact, several of these organizations have popped up on both sides - the Neutrals really aren't involved in the Notum Wars in the same sense as OT and the Clans - and has made life for larger detachments more difficult. Nearly every major name involved in the Notum Wars (on both sides) have been hit at one time or another.

One of these so called tower-buster organizations sent two people to trash a low-output base in Stret West Bank just a few days ago that was owned by Dragon -SiN-. Two people trashed an entire base. There was nothing that could be done except to suck it up and rebuild.

The real funny thing about the whole episode was this: The two Clanners, after they finished trashing the base, just told Dragon -SiN- that they were "looking for some action" and that "it wasn't personal".

I did some personal research on this after that episode. As it turns out, low-level base destruction accounts for the majority of all Notum Wars engagements, especially in the Stret River, Omni Forest, and Tir theatres. Areas that were once highly contested such as Clon**** have seen very little action lately.

If the new CoT expects to put another peace treaty in place, then they will have to deal with Demolition Squads swiftly and harshly. Otherwise, I don't see Boss Ross signing anything resembling another cease-fire anytime soon.
    Yep. I'm back.
    Ph43r.