Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hidden NERF in next patch

you could get that from a ql150+ mission I'm sure, assuming it was big enoug and had some good loot.

Originally posted by DoctorEarl
    A ql200 battlesuit sells way more than 900K

Trader shops... mmm... 1.5mil.... mm....
    OMG! They continue to make trader the richest prof even after the OE fixed.

I might be wrong, but I think you're able to find a trader to sell things for ya. This also applies to fixer shops and any other profession specific shop if there are any.

This is also NOT a hidden nerf, it's been stated plainly in the patch notes.

Originally posted by Leumas

OMG! They continue to make trader the richest prof even after the OE fixed.
    hi hi , nice one

Originally posted by BGumble
    Please explain what sort of level you need to be to make 1.2 million from a mission *without* selling items to people who in turn have sold items to people who have also sold items to people who run battlesuit missions? Its a pyramid.
    Although I agree with everything you say, its worth noting that one of the reasons that there's so much money floating around the AO economy is because some early exploits allowed for credit duplication, and there are very few money sinks in the game to take money out of the economy (yalms being the only notable one) and everything in shops being such useless junk...

It is probably not worth mentioning (as very little is on this forum where logic is involved) that if 75% of the population of AO runs missions so they can get battlesuits so they can sell battlesuits so they can make money so they can buy inflated stuff at inflated prices so they can survive longer so they can run higher level missions so they can get higher level battlesuits so they can make more money so they can buy higher level inflated stuff at even more inflated rates so they can survive longer so they can run higher level missions so they can get higher level battlesuits so they can ... ... the way to break the cycle is to make battlesuits worth less. It should have a pretty major effect on the overall economy, bringing down some of the rediculous prices. You can't sell Shades of Lucabration for 80 million, as I saw someone do just a few days ago, if nobody has 80 million to buy them with.

And don't go into tired ebay rants, That's going to happen either way.

I don't feel sorry for folks that are going to have to think of a different strategy. It shouldn't be that hard. Especially if battlesuits still sell for over a half mil, as stated previously in this thread.
    Last edited by griemdaall; May 2nd, 2002 at 21:43:55.

Yes it will take lots of money out of the bottom of the pile, none out of the top. Thats the problem.

Oh, and just to put some perspective on the trader shop thing, Omni trader shops sell for around 10% more than the best of the other places. If you haven't worked out that some places and people give far more money for your loot than others then I'm sorry, I can't help you much, maybe medical science will catch up one day but until then you are doomed to be subnormal.

shades of lucubration have dropped in price because so many are floating around.
    who cares how much money is floatinf around, hell I only ran battlesuit missions back when to get nanos from a shop, not from someone else.
    I run missions for all my nanos, armour, weapons now. I'll buy nano kits and such and bullets, about it. So what do I do? help somne newbies, spend on junk, put into guild bank... whatever

Thumbs down

Go ahead, nerf the means to earn credits.

-looks at credits-

Not like I care, and theres exploiters with 100 times what I have spread across multiple mules and accounts.

You're only screwing the newer players, and the more casual older players. Now I can expect to outbid two or three people at a time instead of one.

5 million credits will always be worth something, it buys a yalmaha for your alts with enough left over to get all the expertises you need. A good set of implants isn't cheap either. They're just making it worth more without addressing the fact theres lots of stinking rich people.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Cool Re: Why is it...

Originally posted by Yurieko
    Everything comes does to this. The Devs are HURT everytime you devise a USEFUL and productive way of doing things that they did not envision.
    Emphasis on The Vision(tm).

Geno

Ya, geez, god forbid we'd have to *cooperate* and *work together* instead of charging each other 100k for our buffs.

-Zenslicer, giver of random buffage to everyone who's in vicinity while he shops/camps mission term/runs through town/visits bank/sits-and-spins/etc.

Originally posted by Bronto_Cowboy
    Ya, geez, god forbid we'd have to *cooperate* and *work together* instead of charging each other 100k for our buffs.
    Working together is great. One person helps another and everyone benefits. Charging 100k for a buff *IS* working together. I benefit him by buffing him, he benefits me by running a mission for me to gather cash that I didn't want to gather. We have each done something for the benefit of the other.

When you give someone a buff for free you are not working together, you are doing all the work for someone else. You put all the time and effort into getting the levels to cast the buff. You put all the money and/or time into obtaining all the spells. They get the benefits. How is that working together? Sounds su****iously like you are getting taken advantage of.

Working together is when someone groups with you and asks for a buff in the group, not when someone 90 levels lower comes up to you and tells you to buff them.

Originally posted by griemdaall
    It is probably not worth mentioning (as very little is on this forum where logic is involved) that if 75% of the population of AO runs missions so they can get battlesuits so they can sell battlesuits so they can make money so they can buy inflated stuff at inflated prices so they can survive longer so they can run higher level missions so they can get higher level battlesuits so they can make more money so they can buy higher level inflated stuff at even more inflated rates so they can survive longer so they can run higher level missions so they can get higher level battlesuits so they can ... ... thread.

Wicked discription of the game economy and game play for that matter m8. More and bigger numbers and the running of missions to be able to afford the more and bigger numbers: AO
    Corine "Lifedelite" Harrist - 198 clan doc - Rimor - President of EcoDisaster <---- semi-retired
    Angel "Speeddragon" Dust - 74 clan Fix - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- semi-fanatic
    Fighter "Reflekt" Gunz - 169 clan Sol - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- I like Guns! equipment

Originally posted by Nianna

Working together is great. One person helps another and everyone benefits. Charging 100k for a buff *IS* working together. I benefit him by buffing him, he benefits me by running a mission for me to gather cash that I didn't want to gather. We have each done something for the benefit of the other.

When you give someone a buff for free you are not working together, you are doing all the work for someone else. You put all the time and effort into getting the levels to cast the buff. You put all the money and/or time into obtaining all the spells. They get the benefits. How is that working together? Sounds su****iously like you are getting taken advantage of.

Working together is when someone groups with you and asks for a buff in the group, not when someone 90 levels lower comes up to you and tells you to buff them.
    Shame that 90% of all the good buffs reside in 3 out of 12 professions. You benefit him by buffing (he obviously needs the buff) he helps you by getting the money (which you are obviously too lazy to do yourself)

Let me guess...Trader?....more likely MP tho
    Corine "Lifedelite" Harrist - 198 clan doc - Rimor - President of EcoDisaster <---- semi-retired
    Angel "Speeddragon" Dust - 74 clan Fix - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- semi-fanatic
    Fighter "Reflekt" Gunz - 169 clan Sol - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- I like Guns! equipment

yeah, I have a 86~ trader and don't like paying for buffs either I've accepted donations, but have done evreything up to even 132 for free, but that it because I was level 65 and was testing casting it with mochams for the 1st time...

but then again, thts' why I try to stay out of BY5 in tir because you get constantly bugged for buffs....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12