Thread: New Information (BR) IMPORTANT

Post New Information (BR) IMPORTANT

As previously stated. BR is in acceleration mode to complete before the release of 14.2 Here is how it's going to work.

Take all remaining weeks and move them to THIS coming Sunday. We will play 4 (FOUR) Battle Royales on Sunday in the OT Arena beginning on the time of the regularly scheduled BR event.

Because we anticipate a very high showing at this weeks event, we are taking outside (including clan) referees into the Arena.

Besides what we are accustomed to as far as rules, we are adding a rule due to last weeks event.

IF you are found to be cheating, outside the rules... YOU and everyone in the BR from your orginization are DISQUALIFIED and the event restarts.

That means, no getting healed from outside the Arena and NO teams (Actual teams are not permitted, healing eachother INSIDE the arena is fine as long as NOBODY is in an actual team, anything pretty much goes INSIDE the arena.)

The usual rules.

PLACE OF ASSEMBLY

PRIZE (if applicable)

1,000,000 Credits per Battle Royale
    20,000,000 Credits to the Master of Chaos

Prizes will be handed out by the Presiding MoK Advisor at the end of each competition.

RULES OF PARTICIPATION

1. Everyone 75th level or higher may participate,

2. What will get you Disqualified:

Teaming is not allowed. To enforce this policy the Referees will be sending random team invites to all the people fighting. Chat will be logged and character references created. Whoever is reported to be "in a team already" will be disqualified from winning even if they are the last person standing. The last legitimate player standing will be declared the winner. Combatants should ignore Recruit requests sent by the Referees. If they accept, they risk disqualification from another Referee who might be checking your teaming status.
    Anyone who goes LD will be Disqualified.

Anyone who has a 74th level a character or lower aid them will also be Disqualified.
    Leaving the Arena after entering will get you Disqualified.
    Attacking a Referee (who will be airborne at ALL times) will get you Disqualified.
    Entering the Arena late after being instructed to enter will get you Disqualified.
    Entering the Arena prior to being instructed to enter will get you Disqualified.
    3. At 12:00 p.m. PST, the presiding MoK Advisor will /shout the start of "Buff Time!" as well as announce it through the OCC channel. You have 10 minutes to make your preparations outside the Arena. Please do not ask the Referees or the Presiding MoK Advisor for buffs. They will be too busy to answer private /tells.

4. All Battle Royale participants will be asked to enter the Arena simultaneously. There will be a 20-second countdown. Anyone entering after that time slot will of course be Disqualified. The signal to enter will be given as a general /shout AND as an announcement in OCC channels. In addition, 3 MoK criers will also announce that the signal has been given, both in Vicinity and as /shouts.

5. Champions of each individual Battle Royale will have their names advertised on the MoK website in addition to being made known in-game as we announce the next events. Each Champion takes home a 1,000,000 credit prize and is eligible to take part in the Final Battle to determine the Master of Chaos. The Winner of Master of Chaos will take home a 20,000,000 Credit Grand Prize.

(NOTE: Champions unable to participate in the Final Battle may appoint a stand-in replacement. The stand-in must be the same class as the Champion and must NOT be higher than the current level of the Winner appointing him.)

HOW THE BATTLE ROYALE WILL BE JUDGED

1. At least 3 Referees will be in the Arena itself and observe the Battle from their Yalmaha jets. They will determine the Winner of each Battle Royale. They will not fire upon anyone, nor should they be attacked. Any agreement from 2 of them is enough to declare a Winner, and this declaration is final. Their decision is made without any interference by a MoK officer. They will make References of any and all whom they observe breaking the rules.

2. At least 2 Referees will be present at the Arena Entrance to guard against late and early
    entries. They also have the power to disqualify.

3. If any situation occurs when one or more of the Referees can not do their duties, the presiding
    MoK Advisor may serve as the Final Referee in any situation, including judging the Winner.
    However, the presiding MoK Advisor does NOT have the power to override decisions made
    by Referees once a decision has been made by them.

4. Once the contest is concluded, the referees and the MoK advisor will retire to compare
    records and share observations. The Champion will be decided and announced to the general
    public as soon as possible, but not necessarily immediately after the event.

VALUABLE TIPS TO OUR PARTICIPANTS

1. Turn down your graphic settings for this event to help increase your FPS. Set your view
    distance down to 25-40%. Set your character view distance down to 40-50 meters. Turn down various texture qualities and then re-log if you feel you need more improvement.

2. Please turn off all Trade Chat, and Seeking Team chat, as well as ALL Other vs. Other damage report chats. Your BIGGEST enemy to knowing what's going on is Chat lag caused by the presence of so many characters in one location. Some contestants last week had trouble knowing the correct time to enter into the Arena because the game would pause their chat for a moment, only to spam them with a dozen or more lines which quite often contained the signal to enter the Arena.

3. ATTENTION: PET CLASSES - Out of consideration to other fighters, please "Save" in a zone other than Omni-1 Entertainment. This way, if you die, your pet will zone with you to the Reclaim terminal and not keep on fighting. We cannot enforce this, so we do not make it a strict rule, but we do ask this of you respectfully.

FINAL COMMENTS TO PARTICIPANTS

We in MoK expect these events to be highly chaotic affairs; full of unexpected situations. So should you. You are not only fighting against other players, but also against server crashes, LD's, load-in times, etc. The Referees will do their best to judge fairly. Win well, but also die well.
    Argulace
    President
    Total Aggression Gaming
    Mercenaries of Kai (TAG)
    Chapter I. LAYING PLANS "All warfare is based on deception."

Post bumpage

Keeping this near the top for BR participants to read before this weekend.

Arg
    Argulace
    President
    Total Aggression Gaming
    Mercenaries of Kai (TAG)

Bump!! Arg.. sup =)
    Undercover Soccom Brother

Blackness confirmed!!
    Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Buying ql 161 Art of Peace nano

Any objections to those who wish to watch?

Post course not :)

Naw, those who want to watch are very welcome of course. Unless, they decide to intervien in some way.

Arg
    Argulace
    President
    Total Aggression Gaming
    Mercenaries of Kai (TAG)

Post BUMPAGE!

Keeping this near the top until sunday.

Arg
    Argulace
    President
    Total Aggression Gaming
    Mercenaries of Kai (TAG)

Post woot!

Today is the big day!
    Argulace
    President
    Total Aggression Gaming
    Mercenaries of Kai (TAG)

Wow I died in 1 second from about 50 fling shots ;]

Post yep

Yes Cloud, I was dissapointed by several things that took place at the events today.

Rest assured that measures will be taken to prevent such problems with future MoK events.

My apoligies to those who were discouraged by the tactics of certain persons at the event today. Due to our set of rules somewhat using the Honor System, some persons saw fit to take advantage of it.

No more Honor System.

Arg
    Argulace
    President
    Total Aggression Gaming
    Mercenaries of Kai (TAG)

Was attacked by whole TC when I entered, lots of hatred going on I guess . 2nd time I entered I was attacked before my grace was finished, had about 10 secs left . 3rd time I thought I should enter a little late, couldnt win anyway, so I AE nuked as much as I could, lost title and eeverything

And who the hell looted my Shades of Lucubration?
    NT phone HOME!!

bad luck on the title good going on the sportmanship... games about fun.. maybe next time a few buddies with you might help.

Originally posted by Garzu
    Was attacked by whole TC when I entered, lots of hatred going on I guess . 2nd time I entered I was attacked before my grace was finished, had about 10 secs left . 3rd time I thought I should enter a little late, couldnt win anyway, so I AE nuked as much as I could, lost title and eeverything

And who the hell looted my Shades of Lucubration?
    I believe it was more like, you were attacked by all OMNI when you entered.... Why blame a guild because only a few clan showed up... of course they will all attack you... :P Your easier to tab!!!! lol...........

Anytime you have any tournie the priority will go:

Hated People->Other Side->Non-Friends->Guildies->Friends

Agreed? with a mix of prof in there as well... traders and docs will go first hehe that is a given.......

Maybe having all 4 events on the same day was kinda bad, it attracted more people at same time :P Shoulda spread them out more during the day or some saturday also....

You entered the arena with unsaved shades!!!!!!! ACKKK poor Garzu, hope that was a joke!!

If you want to blame someone, blame funcom, these high lvl people don't have much else to do in the game :P as i recall several other winners participated in after events as well... Dociceman won before, and he was in the battle where Naishee won :P What would have happened if he would have won a second time??? So that was not a newly created issue.

Coordinated effort is not a newly created issue either, it happened in other BR games as well... just cause you not in same guild or in a team, does not mean you can't create a private chat between friends and coordinate.... :P

Personally I wouldn't attack same, cause i'd get no pvp credit for that!! hehe i'd want to shoot people with full hp!!!

My 2 cents, agree with me or not, there is no easy fix for that, you can say that they were unhonorable or not but in the end what they supposed to do, just not play BR? How is that fair? if they would have duked out each other in the end would that have made you feel better?

If they would have left Garzu for the end, would that have made you feel better? Some cried, so "it's the best guild wins now"... blah thats whining... regardless of any guilds, you know most of the time will be a high level person that wins... so wheres the so "it's the higher level wins now" comments... there are problems yes, but i don't blame the people playing the game...

Give them a solution other than "not participating" :P

I don't see all the fuss, just a being a sore looser........ i think this last BR will consist of one person from a guild getting DQ'd and the whole guild then by rules get DQ'd... that will be fun... :\ why not just take TC out of it all together... or take out those last 4 winners.... would that make you guys feel better? even with the last 4 out... i'm sure a TC member will still win the tourni...

Post ehh

See the championship thread for my and MoK's feelings about this.

Arg
    Argulace
    President
    Total Aggression Gaming
    Mercenaries of Kai (TAG)