Thread: The day the Medusae...attacked?

The day the Medusae...attacked?

a leak in the gridfeed, a security hole...you've found something you're probably not supposed to be looking at...but curiosity overcomes you

Division 9 Rational Science and Genotypic Enforcement

Official Report

PRIORITY: TOP SECRET

Reporting: Commander Burt "Hollowburn" Persichetti

To: Command of Division 9 RSGE and Infinite Circle

Re: Omni-Tek Medusa Extermination Expedition/Defense of 20k - 28 Jan 29478

Yesterday evening near the Whompahs of Omni-1 Entertainment, officers of Omni-tek Armed Forces put out a calling to all employees to help aid in the defense of the town of 20k against a possible Medusa invasion. Several dozen employees responded to the calling, including members of IC: Ammicus, Eternalforce, Luckybravado (of Omni-InternOps) and Hanshi, Stefanie, Iomen and myself (of Division 9 RSGE). [If I miss your name, sorry, the whole thing was kind of chaotic as you well know hehe]

Since this falls under the definition of Div9's charter, we rushed to their aid.

When we were gathered, and formed into ranks, the details of this mission were very shady at best. We were led to 20k, and given the impression that the medusas intended to attack the town. We were to put a stop to this.

However, after several minutes, there was a sudden change in plan, and were lead out into the fields and woods of Pleasant Meadows, apparently to search and destroy a known medusa encampment in the area. We were not given details as to why the Medusas exactly were a threat, but insetad we were blindly told to destroy all of them, and capture an important one, by the name of Ninya.

After several minutes roaming the woods, each squad was suddenly ambushed by a gang of medusas. Initial casualties were high, but our force was able to fight our way into a medusa encampment near a cave. There we found a large and powerful medusa, apparently guarding something. We quickly destroyed her.

At that moment, a Free Reporter of Rubi-ka seemed to appear from nowhere, and questioned our activities. She seemed also to be protecting something. She seemed to implicate that our actions were illegal and questionable, which in my opinion, I have no evidence to prove otherwise given the lack of solid direction and lack of information we were given about this mission throughout it.

Then suddenly Ninya was spotted, cowering atop the cave...I rushed to her first, and began to question her. At the same time, many other members of the squad followed and the medusa became frightened andtried to run. She ran near the cave and stopped there, apparently too frightened to move.

We were then ordered to capture her. I was able to console this creature, and convince it that if it joined our team, we would keep it safe from harm. This is what I had intended to do, until she was in the charge of our commanders.

I then proceeded to grid evac. We then waited in the grid for several minutes, and I was told to hold the captured medusa until further notice.

After a few minutes, the Medusa became frightened by the comments of General Ammicus (in my squad), and began to flee in the grid. She moved to the second floor where she seemed to disappear from the grid instantly.

We were then told by our commanders that, namely Lt. Shedo, that the mission was a success and the medusa had been captured and was in their custody. We were given no more details, but a pat on the back, and told to go on our way.

Conclusion: The mission objectives were apparently completed, but I fervently believe the true motives of the mission were kept from us intentionally, whatever those might be.
    Last edited by Hollowburn; Jan 30th, 2004 at 04:05:19.
    Burt "Hollowburn" Persichetti - 220/21 Fixer Equipment
    President of Providence

Sataere - 212/13 Shade
    Squad Commander of Family of Friends

If it wasn't for the suppression gas in the grid, I would have taken great pleasure in painting the area red with that Medusa until she spewed her secrets or died in the process. This is the second attack on southern Rubi-Kan interests in the past week, the previous being on the outskirts of Omni-1.

If Ninya or any other Medusa comes within 10 feet of Omni-1, Rome, or anywhere south of the Artery Valleys, I urge all citizens to treat them with the utmost ruthlessness. Naturally, I remind everyone that death is not permanent on Rubi-Ka, and therefore to take great pleasure in exacting the most painful forms of torture on these singing snobs.

Angry

Hollowburn:

However, after several minutes, there was a sudden change in plan, and were lead out into the fields and woods of Pleasant Meadows, apparently to search and destroy a known medusa encampment in the area. We were not given details as to why the Medusas exactly were a threat, but insetad we were blindly told to destroy all of them, and capture an important one, by the name of Ninya.
    Ammicus:

If it wasn't for the suppression gas in the grid, I would have taken great pleasure in painting the area red with that Medusa until she spewed her secrets or died in the process. This is the second attack on southern Rubi-Kan interests in the past week, the previous being on the outskirts of Omni-1.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To: The Happy Home, Rome; Omni-Med, Psychiatric Ward; ICC; Council of Truth; Anyone else that gives a care on what Omni tries to get away with.

Re: Ammicus and a lost screw
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok I know I am going to piss people off but WTH?

First it is there is going to be an attack lets defend, and that is ok.. My brother and I helped defend Tir from Medusa attacks before and you know that is justified..

But an outright hunt to kill off them??? that is so wrong.. Of course they attacked you, you went to where they live. I would attack you too, oh wait I do that already...

But this comment from Ammicus is totaly over the wall into the looney left field. Sir, (used loosely), I really think you need to go have the head of yours looked at because there is really something wrong with you if you find it ok to "I would have taken great pleasure in painting the area red with that Medusa until she spewed her secrets or died in the process."

This was not an attack Ammicus, as it was clearly stated that you had a change of orders, this was another Omni blunder and I call upon all citizens to look at this as a failing in that corporations ability to function..

Good Day
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

Are you blind, man? You admit yourself they prove a threat against Clan interests as well (though I care very little). This was a pre-emptive strike on a group of semi-sentient creatures who evidently are, at a minimum, seeking to expand their base territories from the Artery Valleys to other areas.

This will not be tolerated.

Pity that you are so complacent as to wait for a threat to shove its filthy claws up your nose before choosing to act. Then again, if the Clans actually were more diligent, perhaps you wouldn't be confined to dust-ridden, terrorist infested, rollerrat-stench-on-the-bar-b-making-everyone-sick areas. And hence, why Omni-Tek is the foremost Hypercorporation in the known Universe.

Omni-InternOps will continue to participate in pre-emptive strikes aimed at castrating our enemies. Be they Medusae, overgrown trees or members of clan Assembly.

(())

Input Data Entry.

The lone agent figure of shady Omni-Tek detatchment, Midnight Reveries, stands cloaked in Omni-1. Julian held his access card to the terminal and slid it gently inside.

Click, press, click, type. The sound of his fingers inputing data entry to his wrist deck. The halographic display unit relayed to the terminal displayed a Solitus figure. The terminal identified the woman as "Ayame Kitsura" long since vanished Omni-Prime medical research employee.

He stared at the lovely figure. He thought if he touched the screen then he could feel his mother's soft hair as he remembered being lovingly held to her bosom during the long travel aboard Binaca to Rubi-Ka.

His sleep had been long and all he remembered when he woke up was her escape, his salvation. A scientist such as herself should never become so attatched to their ceation. He was her creation, Homo-opifex: 003 Type: Vulpes-vulpes.

So many years had passed, seven-hundred to be exact, since when he went to sleep and when he awoke. The stasis had been brutal on his mind, dreaming of the dreaded teasing from the other children. He had knew he was different, unique. Not a sentient bioform there only for design and testing purposes. Not just a blue print for people who later populated Rubi-Ka as the Opifex.

He had been given a mother's touch and such he had a son's will. Having spent forty years wandering, not seeming to age a day, late teenage features becoming prominate in the sixty years of being freed from his sleep, he left the neutral terrirotry, leaving those Independent Rubi-kans to their own inane directions to find the truth out and heal his fragmented mind.

The Medusa. Much time spent there in his childish form with those mothers of creation. What had happened? Why was the agression stirring up? He would travel under the protection of the Reveries to the depths of Inferno, speak to the Malah, question the egotistical Ergo and heal the wounds of those who fought the humans.

The Medusa, the mothers of creation. Malah fallen from the Shadow Land to the dead side, Rubi-Ka. Their fate had been damned since Tchu's sealing in the druidic rings.

Nhnor would know.

And with each rogue accomplishment, Julian came closer to the level and rank needed to view the sealed file of Ayame Kitsura.

[Current Omni-Tek Unit: 211
    Needed Omni-Tek Unit: 220]

"Nine more and my their promise to return my memories..."

"The Omega wont... the Unredeemed will be redeemed."

"No! They wont! Don't believe them!"

"Leave us alone Rukus, Julian needs me."