Thread: Foul Winds Blowing

Foul Winds Blowing

A lone figure stood at his desk tapping fingers upon the desktop, a younger man strode within and placed a section of papers on the desk as the other figure merely nodded to the lower ranking officer, indicating he could leave before he lifted up the pages, flipping through them slowly as he read, finally placing them once more on the desk and stood. Looking out the window of his spacious Commander's office in Omni-HQ. Massatsu had served all his life within the corporation and this utterly and complete defamation of his character with no cause by the individual known as Kithrak never did sit well within his gut. He turned slowly looking to a figure standing in a dark corner "Funny how he seeks to accuse us of destroying his little project to cover his own treachery and short commings. But then again politicians where never well known for admitting when they screwed the pooch. Especially when it results in their branch collapsing."
    The other figure merely nodded once before responding "Regrettable indeed." The flare of a cigar and the smell of ancient rum soaked tobacco wafted across the office to the Commander's nose as he chuckled. "Oh well. Pity most of those that really matter will never listen to Mr. Houston's unproven accusations. I also find it amusing of the reports that he paid off a certain clan organization to attack us here in HYDRA, unsuccessfully on several occasions. Pity my current mission is far more important than his misguided accusations and desire to stir some sort of response against us within the corporation to hide from Ross the failings of his own pathetic leadership choices in Red Tape in the last days." Tapping his fingers once more upon the windowsill before he turned back to the shadowed figure. "And what have you found out into the investigation on the treacherous Mr. Houston?" The figure then leaned forward slightly to extinguish the cigar "All will be revealed when I have finished my investigation Commander Riggs. Fear not, the corporation is well aware that you and your counterparts had no part in Mr. Houston's supposed sabotage. In fact in all truth many higher ups believe he himself staged it." A simple nod from Massatsu "In truth it wouldn't surprize me from Mr. Houston, he seems to want to make everyone believe that the collapse of Red Tape was not his fault in the least."

Several hours later as the evening was drawing upon the day and the suns began to set the Commander walked from his office, looking up at another building, one office still brightly glowing from the lamps within with a slow laugh "Try while you can for your little stunts and attempts to hide your flaws from all Kithrak but in the end you will merely show your true colors to all, and not just those of us that know you from Red Tape."
    I see the sadness in their eyes
    Melancholy in their cries
    Devoid of all the passion
    The human spirit cannot die
    Look at the pain around me
    This is what I cry for
    This is what I'll die for

The morning sun began to rise over the land, awakening greater omni forest with the light of day, the call of a reet shattering the morning silence as the man known as Massatsu stood, looking out at Omni-1 from his spot atop one of the rock formations that dotted the landscape. A shake of his head "To many things happening to quickly. And not all of them good in the slightest. I fear the foul winds I know are comming will come all to soon." His attention turned to the figure standing at his side, clad all in black as was his way, always intimidating to most in the cyborg death squad armor he wore. "Malachii..." The man turned and nodded slightly "Yes?..." Massatsu smiled once more it was good indeed now that Ross had sent him the personal communication that he was back on active duty things would begin to happen, and not all of them would be liked by others of the corporation but in the end even the strongest of organizations has to weed out those that do not belong and weaken the whole. "If you see Mr. Houston in a five percent or lower suppression gas zone you are to shoot on sight. And I personally don't care if he awakens at reclaim or not." Another nod from the agent and then a slight smirk "Of course...." his voice cold and emotionless, perfection in the makings of his creation and breeding, causing another slight nod and smile from Massatsu, things would be getting very interesting indeed in the next few months.

Several days later back in the middle of Omni-1 Trade Massatsu walked along one of the streets, looking about slowly as a hooded and cloaked figure strode by, placing a small datapad in the Commander's hand as he continued on, never stopping, nor even uttering a word, soon to vanish into the shadows between the buildings, Massatsu lifted the datapad and smirked a little at the words scrolled across it in blood red letters before a soft voice in his earpeice said simply "Hello again my old friend. I trust you have just recieved my package." He nodded slightly knowing the man was always watching him as he spoke into the mic "Yes indeed I have." A slight chuckle over the comm "Good. Then I trust you are glad to recieve my news. The Wraiths are reactivated in full authority. Glad to have you back in the Special Forces Commander Riggs. Omni-Tek forever. Ross out." Massatsu could only smile as he pulled the Commander bars from his belt and attached them once more to his armor, before he nodded slightly. "And thus a new chapter begins and the Wraiths arise anew from the ashes and dust of Rubi-Ka............"

(To be continued....)
    Last edited by Massatsu; Feb 1st, 2004 at 03:54:50.
    I see the sadness in their eyes
    Melancholy in their cries
    Devoid of all the passion
    The human spirit cannot die
    This is what I cry for
    This is what I'll die for