Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What was your funniest death?

I did the yalmaha free fall of doom over newland. I went all the way up to 1999.9 height and unequiped the thing. however somewhere on my way up or on my way down i passed over the zone portal for newland westgate so i fell outisde the city but was still in the city zone ie the land you can see outside when you are inside Newland City. I landed right at the edge of the map in the lake and was right at the bottom of the lake on the very edge of the map walking around on the lake bed. its very brown down there if i took one step forward i ended up swimming at the top of the lake and if i went back i fell back to the bottom again.

Another silly yalmaha incident was over in belial forest outside a mission. The mission was in one of those villages made up of Yoda's cottages type buildings and lots of swamp demon things live there, all of which are red and aggro. Well I decided to do the fall of death, I could survive it easily as max damage is 950ish and i have several k hp. Well went up high and unequiped, on my way down i decided to requip my yalmaha. if you do this you get back in but continue to fall and cant fly. this was much to my surprise, anyway i ended up splatting into some swampy water and the yalm wouldnt move as it was in water so i styarted to unequip just as the 4 mobs attacked me. needless to say it was a long flight back.

Back in the medusa days my enforcer was in a group and the group included a crat, can't recall her name. The crat charmed an Anun Tearer. That damn pet was so irritating. They make that squwaaaaahk sound flap flap flap. The whole group was on edge with that nasty bat flying around us. Anyway, we were working a medusa mob, got an add and I was down to like 200 hp, phew, just made it. Sat down to heal and crow about surviving and the Anun became uncharmed, attacked me, and killed me. Dead funny.

Probably be the first time my NT got a Area Effect Attack and I cast it on the leets on the back-yard a liiitle to close to the guards

That any my Trader diying to owns at lvl 60(Yalm drop of death and owns was nereby and used the situation to his advantatge )

You took 943 points of fall Damage
    Attacked by Ownz
    Ownz hit you for 14 damage
    Ownz hit you for 29 damage Critical hit!
    Changing area...
    Fighting for Truth, Common Sense and Leet Dolls Since 1996

Give the people what they want

If I am
    I am
    If Not

Forget It

Back in july-ish I was about 30 mins outside rome (very low run speed) and was wondering if I could attack a bronto chef........ need I say more?
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2

Well, i was doing missions out in 0%, and 25% zones one night. So i figure'd i didn't wanna take the risk of losing my hard earned items, so i made a /terminate macro. (you know, so if i got jumped I can kill myself before they kill me and earn the right to my loot.)

Well, i went to sleep, and logged on the next night having forgotten about the terminate macro. So i join a team and get about half way through a mission when we stop to rebuff. So i go to press F1 to target myself, and hit 1 by mistake.

well, needless to say, i remembered that /terminate macro shortly after when i saw my good friend Mr.Reclaim.

thats an easy way to throw away 600K xp, and really scare the doc.
    {Beyond the Drunken Master, is the Plastered Master} Lilasiandude 216 MA
    Proud Member of Storm, and the Betty Ford Clinic

-Sllammer 216 enf. - Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Click!

BE STORM

Wolf's clothing

Don't meet your contact in a pvp zone without warning him you'll be arriving in wolfshape

Funniest death has to be using my doc in Rhinoman Cockpit. The team was getting pushed back by a wave of Rhinomen and Nightcrawlers. I died 300xp away from level 28, but before my death animation had finished the team killed two crawlers, giving me the neccessary xp to reach the next level. Only lost 400xp or so instead of the 10k I would have lost 2 seconds before...

An ironic death

I was playing my doc and she was only about level 16. I was in a team and we were outside of Newland City down by that big rock where all the MOBs walk in a line.

Someone spots "one" parspalum just past that line. I knew better than attacking those things (already had learned that lesson by dying once). But as the Doc you got to do your job and hope for the best. Well all we could see was "one" but, obviously due to a glicth in the graphics there was a whole bunch in the big rock we couldn't see. My team was getting tore up bad so I cast a big team heal and my chat window went red with "a parspalum does xx poison damage to you" (or whatever it says), nice color for damage too, red.

Anyway I am going down fast with every green plant MOB in the desert hitting me. So I decide to be brave and turn and run as fast as I can. I run towards this big boulder thinking that if I run over it maybe I can break LOS. Instead I find another graphics glitch and fall under the boulder taking the last of my hit points in fall damage and go into the death animation. Rolling around under this huge boulder with some fleas and a slug looking thing, in the dark.

Sort of an ironic place for my dead body to be. It really creeped me out.

I don't mean to sound amused, fightened or surprised, but my assumption was that devs didn't exactly play this game...
    or at least not higher level to see what it's really like

I attacked the juggernaut near the OT base in Lush Fields by mistake once. Can't remember if it was 1750 or 2750 points of damage; either way I got a real quick ride to the reclaim.

Once I died about 200 xp from a lvl (still a lowbie) and right after I lost my xp the team killed a tac bringing in 500xp. If I had lasted 5 seconds longer I woulda leveled =(.
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2

Talking Re: funniest death ever

My funniest death ever was a few weeks ago in a mission in COH. We had a good team going, and we were pretty far inside a fairly large mission. Mobs were a breeze.

One of the agents switched from primus coat to that black OT coat and was sneaking around. The enforcer next to me notices this and suddenly he's wearing a yellowishy Miir coat and a yellow Nadir helmet. Looks awesomely funny on an atrox. Promptly I too switch into my 'disco gear', put on my white coat with black dots and a biomech helmet (biomech helmets look awesome on atrox . The other agent switches to a bikini, and our doc switches to some weird pink polkadot outfit. We all think we look pretty great when suddenly 3 Ace Ruffians comes running at us from the next room and starts crushing our doc. At that point we find ourselves fighting in there with close to zero AC, so we all promptly die one by one. I think I lost something like 9 million xp.

The sight of us all suddenly standing around in reclaim, all wearing the most hilarious disco outfits was so funny that I think I laughed for 15 whole minutes. Everyone agreed that it was so funny it was well worth the xp loss.

So...I was camping the Directors Office, for the crat suit and was beeing outdamaged by all the high lvl teams. Time was closing on on spawn, and I figured that the two lvl 120 MPs that were in the with me would surely take down the director so I left the computer, still logged in, to do a bit of washing...so I am standing in the other room when I realize that the sound comming from my computer is the sound of MY helspinner....

apparently the two MP had left the room, not knowing the spawntime and I was ALONE with the director, for the first time in two days!!

I do a mad run from the kitchen only to watch my unbuffed soldier beeing cut down.. leaving the dir with about 10% hp.

ps: did get the suit and eternal gratitute of my guild crat later, after mobilizing the rest of the guild
    "We are jolly green giants...walking the planet...with guns"

Stormhat"Warcriminal" Lotto

General of Ragnarok

Master of 80 sec survival

"Valhalla or Reclaim!!"

OMG thanks for that story and that *image* Starv. Still laughing.

Now if I was a great story teller I would tell a story too but as I am not, sorry ;(.

Re: Re: funniest death ever

Originally posted by Starv
    My funniest death ever was a few weeks ago in a mission in COH. We had a good team going, and we were pretty far inside a fairly large mission. Mobs were a breeze.

One of the agents switched from primus coat to that black OT coat and was sneaking around. The enforcer next to me notices this and suddenly he's wearing a yellowishy Miir coat and a yellow Nadir helmet. Looks awesomely funny on an atrox. Promptly I too switch into my 'disco gear', put on my white coat with black dots and a biomech helmet (biomech helmets look awesome on atrox . The other agent switches to a bikini, and our doc switches to some weird pink polkadot outfit. We all think we look pretty great when suddenly 3 Ace Ruffians comes running at us from the next room and starts crushing our doc. At that point we find ourselves fighting in there with close to zero AC, so we all promptly die one by one. I think I lost something like 9 million xp.

The sight of us all suddenly standing around in reclaim, all wearing the most hilarious disco outfits was so funny that I think I laughed for 15 whole minutes. Everyone agreed that it was so funny it was well worth the xp loss.
    HAHAHAHAHA!!! Now there's something I would have wanted to see
    Former EQ Cleric lvl 26, no relation to Bugs Bunny
    90 337 $0|\/|3 l337: It's not just for dinner anymore

old one but good

What bug with newland grid?

you took 900 points fall damage

My funniest death? Had to be when I was still a newb...fresh from Tir BY1.

I was out wandering around Tir when I happened across Still Alive. I entered the store and attempted to strike up a conversation with the proprietor. I targetted the Clan Pharmacist and then found out I had missed the Enter key. I ended up using a Flingshot attack on him. He wasn't too happy with my pitiful attempt at humor....a level 3 attacking his august presence in a crude attempt to strike up a conversation...and proceeeded to teach me a lesson that I still have not forgotten. Hehe...I unmapped all the special attack keys after that shining moment.

The reclaim terminal still taunts me when i return...So Saltros...been to see the Pharmacist again, eh?
    Milford "Cordale" Neblett
    Meta-Physicist Extraordinaire

Proud Member of 3305 Local
    Atlantean

Talking last night

I was doing a %50 mission with a friend. We cleared 1/2 the mobs and finished the mission (and I got a token). Well on our way out the door, I remembered I still had some laundry to put in the dryer, go afk at the mission didn't zone because of mobs outside. Well needless to say a mob that we didn't kill, wonders around to the front door. I come back to see a brown screen, only to realize it is the wall in w athens reclaim.
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!

Talking

The funniest death I ever had was when I was in OA fighting against Slyce. Being about lvl 52 at the time, I was doing about 7 regular damage and 40 burst to it. Of course, I didn't draw any aggro.

About 10 minutes (I think) into the fight. I decided to take a pic. Right as i click the key to take the picture I hear the battle music come up. When the unfreezes from picture mode I see that a Sand Mantis Ravager had double hit me for about 700 damage, sending me on a little trip to the reclaim.

Funniest death... That must be when, the day the dungeon launched, me & some friends were doing Steps of Madness for our whole team to get Neleb Coats. Seemed like the GMs didn't like all the high-lvls getting the phat loot, so when we ran in there for the nth time we ran into a den of Forrest Eremites (GMs changed the name to WorstNightmare as I had it targeted) and lots of other bad ****. Looked VERY scary in those small hallways. Beat all the teams there right back to reclaim
    Obit lvl 218 Soldier (Field Marshal)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast