Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What was your funniest death?

What was your funniest death?

hehehe... how embarrassing.. this happened to me tonight...

um... I'll put it this way...

remember, be at full health when opening a chest!
    Former EQ Cleric lvl 26, no relation to Bugs Bunny
    90 337 $0|\/|3 l337: It's not just for dinner anymore

Well, I was flying in my Yalm, and I decided to get out in mid-air, drop and take some damage, save the time of actually pointing down. Well I feel out of my Yalm for about 300 points of damge, no problem, I had over 1k hp left over after my mission, EXCEPT, I was picked back up into the air, dropped again for 300 damage, then again, and again, until I died.
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

Once I forgot the subtle difference between /terminate and /pet terminate...

Scorus

Red face Well

rhhmmm, /me looks left and right.

I recommend NOT to leave the mission area just for a quick heal and recharge after you completed the mission objective and still want to clean the area. My bot stayed inside fighting and I tried to reenter the area, because a deep red hammer beast decided to take his early break first with me. I realized the fact, that the mission key was gone at the reclaim terminal - embarrasing 'ohne Ende'.

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

Near the Trade grid... showing my Doc buddy just how large I could make my newbie Enf.... hmm.. lets see... Essence... Challenger... no wait... Mongo before Challenger... DOH!
    Don't know exactly how many guards and vendors and what not I agged, but it was a quick trip to the reclaim.
    VdpMeat ex-MA Engie

thats an easy one. I was like lvl 25 and had just soloed a misson. I killed all the MOB'S and was going to collect my mission reward(to be sure of 100% token) and saw a wonderfull chest just waiting to be plucked. Picked and boom, reclaim. I had forgot after my last battle to heal and all i had left was 50 hp on a booby trapped chest.

oh when i first got my yalm. i didnt know you couldnt zone over water then. So iwas trying to fly from Stret West Bank over the river towards Wine. I zoned over the river and my yalm crased and i couldnt take off so i had to swim for shore. After about20 mins swimming i was eaten by a shark and ended up back in Borealis.

Water deaths suck...

When I first started playing, I didn't know there was a ferry from Omni Trade to Harry's...So I decided to swim across the ocean. It didn't look that far on the map. Got about 15 minutes into the swim and got eaten by pirannahs.

Joe
    |-o-| (=0=) |-o-|

Ooooh, a desert eremite! lets see how big and bad it is, it's only aegean, can't be that bad!

*thud thud thud* uhm guys, where did you *THUD*

my scariest death involved a forest ermite, was hunting in engimas forest around level 80ish. all going well. got about 500k was thinking we should go home and save when the ground just erupted around me and this huge thing just appeared and ate me.

It appears that they like docs... or perhaps only the good ones because bad ones probably wouldn't be in those places

Fun death

I was waiting for some guildmates in Lush Resort. I had just gotten hold of and uploaded my very first mongo, and was curious: what does it actually DO? So i tried it. While getting my stuff back from reclaim, I heard on the guildchat LOL! I see Skybert allready is here. He's beeing swarmed by guards!

Luckily, I had scanned there, and was not late for the meeting.

edit: almost forgot this one:

embarrasing death:

I was in Galway view far north, up by the brontoburger factory. The one with waterchannels with piranha's.

Well I wanted to look at them, so I went closer and closer to the edge (didn't know about camera-angles back then), went a bit too far, and tipped over the edge. The small, grey piranhas immidiately started nibbling on me, while I tried in vain to get up. I couldn't find any place to climb up, so the only thing I could do was to swim close to one of the guards, eat firstaidkits as amaniac and hope the guards would kill off the critters in time.

End of story was me getting my stuff beck from reclaim.
    Last edited by Skybert; May 1st, 2002 at 11:31:19.

death by icon

As an MA, my best blooper death was when I accidently hit 'crash of thunder' instead of heal during a desperate fight. Locked my nano skills for 30 seconds. Of course, I wasn't alive for the whole 30 seconds. I was back at reclaim in 15.

I know keep those two icons at opposite ends of my hotkey bar.

It wasn't my proudest moment.

Later
    Virind

hmm, well, I died from fall damage about 5 seconds after returning to the reclaim booth in newland

I also remember accidentaly debuffing myself with a graft, and them not putting up much of a fight LOL

Ugh.. just had another one....

make sure you heal after every fight, Nanotechnicians.. ESPECIALLY after getting that new nanoprogram from a mob...

Yes, as my nanotechnician I tested the program on myself and forgot I was very low on HP.

/me runs and hides someplace to escape ridicule from other, more experience Nanotechs
    Former EQ Cleric lvl 26, no relation to Bugs Bunny
    90 337 $0|\/|3 l337: It's not just for dinner anymore

Bug in a mission

Well, i like acrobatics so i got my MA (level 45) jumped on a few crates, and weee, on the ceiling of the mission, well, this was fun, walked around a bit, then walked down a sloped ceiling, BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG

You took 89 points of fall damage

oops....i keep my feet firmly on the ground now

The Trash King Incident

When he was first implemented into the game some friends and I stopped by to check out this huge junkbot.

Well, I had mongo hotkeyed, and after about 15 minutes wondering if we should attack it or not (lvl 76 or so) I accidentally hit mongo.

about 20 junkbots/buzzsaws attacked, along with trashking. Didnt last long.

Oh yeah, around the same level I was on a suicide spree....decided to attack a juggernaut (the one in lush) just to see how much it hit for...

Attacking Goliath class Juggernaut
    Smash
    Goliath class juggernaut hit you for 1700 melee damage
    Smash
    Goliath class juggernaut hit you for 1700 melee damage

Targeting --->Reclaim<---
    Santacharm
    Enforcer

Sopprano
    Fixer
    Metthias
    Meta Physicist

I was clan and headed to Lush about a month ago to get some hunting on. I got over to the mines area and saw a slayerdroid and thought cool someone has a slayer out here! Then I clicked on it and saw Omni-pol class 832749283 slayerdroid or something right before it attacked me (clan!) and I died.... someone had pulled it from the nearby outpost. Was kinda funny, too bad my wittle trader didn't cast a calm fast enough

Oh, and another one..... it seems most of us when we get our 1st yalmaha ever, we wanna see how much fall damage we can take! You gotta admit, it's fun at least once

I went to Newland, and stood beside the Athens whompa. I went straight up forEVER, then looked down
    I couldn't even see much of the city, just kinda orange hazy look..... I unEQ the yalm and started my decent.... I had about 890 hp, and hit for 942 or so fall damage, killing me instantly. Quite a few were humored by the event, then there were about 2-3 of us trying to all land at the same time and die in the same spot.

Someone came up to me afterwards and said they had a REALLY bad day up until that point, and it really cheered them up to see all these people falling out of the sky and smashing into the ground

At least it helped someone!

heres mine

Not ssure if this is extremely funny, but at about lvl16 me and a friend were talking outside newland and i was trying to cast a buff on him, but hit the tab key by mistake. Ending up targeting a guard and casting a off. nano, needless to say quick death, and many laughs from my buddy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast