Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Funcom please make entier rk1 25% for just a day!

Using words like 'carebears' and other less-than-civil terms is a bad way to get intelligent but undecided people to see your side of the argument.
    Dest

When SWG or Shadowbane is released, and all the people with the 5 year old mentaility leave to go play that, is when they can start making the entire server 25%-0%.

As it stands, if it was done now, nothing productive would come from it and FC would end up loosing subscriptions because of it.
    Fausto Biggfoo Clyburn

Are you some kind of robot? And if so what kind of powers do you have? Do you use them for Good? or for Awesome?

It won't happen folks

Look people, Funcom is NEVER going to make the entire server 0-25% gas because that would be forcing pvp on people who don't want to pvp and THEY WILL LEAVE.

And whether you want to admit it or not the majority of the players don't want to pvp all the time. Don't believe me? Then tell me why the 25% zones are so empty? Most players don't want to get jumped, they don't want to be ganked and they do what they can to avoid it. Make this server so they CAN'T avoid it and they will leave the game and Funcom will lose a LOT of money.

When SWG or Shadowbane is released, and all the people with the 5 year old mentaility leave to go play that, is when they can start making the entire server 25%-0%.
    It's wrong to assume that those who don't want 25%-0% everywhere are simply mentally immature. There are people who wish to be able to interact with people in ways which don't include non-consentual PvP.

My personal opinion is that those who DO want 25-0% everywhere are of the 5 year old mentality and will leave for Shadowbane. But, I know that this isn't the case, so I'm not going to start hurling that accusation around.

I do not want the entire planet to be a PvP zone, and I am neither a newbie OR a 5-year old 'carebear'. Please do not try to undermine my opinion by simply saying that I am.
    Dest

My proposed Nano Formula.

Pocket Chaos
    ql 150
    req
    matter met 800
    matter creat 800
    time and space 800
    Engi.

effect around the engi for a distance of 100 meters all gas is reduced to 0%.

Using the same satilights that maintain the grid and gas surpression levels the engi. is able to create a area that is not monitored by satilight by crossing two feeds..

"quote ac I have 15 seconds to run 100 meters"

Im a power leveling carebear but i would still like this.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

months played :3
    Crashes to date : 6
    The ability to slap around my bot whenever he gets stuck: Priceless

Man that the best signature i ever saw
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Angry not that one again

LOL PvP peeps never learn as their egoism skill is too high
    Funcom has enough problems keeping this game going and trying to change and remodel it all the time. Stop asking to change the main servers into full time gank places. It will not happen as its a nonsense and selfish idea! PvPers are scanned and can just proceed to a shooting game without ANY RISK WHATSOEVER! Non PvP have nothing to gain and xp and items (=alot of playtime) to lose! It means to give a minority of players something just *they* consider fun and taking away one play day each week for the majority who pays the same fee each month.
    I can see Verant laughing at this.
    Not even Funcom would do something like that. The only hope for PvPers wanting all out PvP (as it is right now) is an external company putting up local AO servers and making one full PvP. Doing this to the main servers would be suicide.

How about forcing Counterstrike players to use trade skills and craft their bullets themselves inbetween attacks? Guess they wouldnt appreciate it

Val
    Xandro, neutral bureaucract

Sure, just inform me when is this take place. I would just stop playing for that day. If funcom make it a month, then I would be sure to cancel my account. I dun paid to pleasure others.

There's a difference between player interaction in PvP, and getting ganked.

Yep, the same difference between having sex and getting rap3.
    Last edited by Leumas; May 4th, 2002 at 15:51:40.

Between title huggers and people who don't wanna pvp at all, that'd knock out a lot of the population for that one day. And what was left....it'd be cool for about 15 minutes, till half die and the other half was camping the respawn points.

Xera
    Xeraseus

Why do I keep playing? *edit* disreguard, ditched this game *edit*

Why Can't Chown Save?

Biding my time until the time is right........

Originally posted by Xiauzon
    Between title huggers and people who don't wanna pvp at all, that'd knock out a lot of the population for that one day. And what was left....it'd be cool for about 15 minutes, till half die and the other half was camping the respawn points.

Xera

Those who got killed at reclaim will be automatically sent back to backyard, retain backyards and all newbie areas 75 / 100%. And they all can get buffed and raid together.
    Proper implementation is needed of course

This would be a good test...

Make a 'mirror' copy of Rubi Ka (lets call it 'Felucca', to pluck a name out of thin air), that can be reached through special mooongates...err... whompas. Make the entire planet there 0%/25%. After a month, we check the active population of either. I can probably predict the result now...

If there's one thing that experience has proved with MMORPGs, it's that non-consentual and unavoidable PvP is a large turn-off to the majority of the player-base
    Dest

I never ment to say that all the people that want it have the mentaility of the 5 year olds. Just that it wouldn't be a good idea untill the next new thing came along and alot of them left. I for one enjoy PvP(and hope I don't have the mentality of a 5 year old), every game I played from MUDs-Now has allways had a PvP aspect to it. I would love for the world to truely be at war, but with the current system in place I don't see it as a viable option.

Despite the good intentions of the maney, the end result would most likely not an enjoyable expierance. Which could cause a large subscriptions loss, greater than the potiental gain by doing it. Which is why FC won't do it untill they are at a time where they can add an extra dimenison for PvP, or begin making the planet 25%-0%

Expansion pack mabey?
    Fausto Biggfoo Clyburn

Are you some kind of robot? And if so what kind of powers do you have? Do you use them for Good? or for Awesome?

Don't think making the entire RK be 0/25%

If we pvp'ers want to have big outdoor fights we can go to other places. What we could ask for is a new zone, which is free from mobs, with 25% or 0% gas. Where we can take the whompa, enter and fight all day long. Make barracks with 25% zones and no guards.

Sure it would have been interesting, but most of the people that don't pvp do so for a reason.
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

I love this idea except that I despise 25% suppression.

0% would be great as it causes people to think twice before doing something uncool, especially something that would disrupt an interesting RP encounter such as a standoff or the taking of prisoners.

Problem is someone who'd had the understanding he enjoyed relative safety where he scanned would come back to the game in the middle of it and be in a very upsetting situation, like all those poor lowb Clanners who scanned in 20K during Amnesty then logged out for a week or two. Doh.

Of course some of this has to happen when suppression levels change but a day of all 0% would mean a whole lot of that. Of course there's always the login screen news to warn people away. Still, people don't read, and those who don't read have especially thin skin - and while they can go to hell as far as any decent player is concerned, it would be bad business for Funcom to take that attitude toward them.

What I would really like to see, just for fun really, is this:

*** The Longest Road Mk II ***

Tack on a copy of TLR to the west end of the original. Make that 0%, don't put missions in it, take out the scanners and stores, add some human vendors - and let's see for an experiment who takes control of Bliss, of the mine, of that outpost south of Bliss and the big town at the end.

It's sad that people are afraid of PvP in this game. My mission! My mission! How will I get to it! Grievers! Exploiters! However will I get to my mission?

I love looking at this and wish we had something like it:

http://www.dtmap.com/viewmap.cfm?search=Town

hmm

I think people will adjust to a 25-0% enviorment, the mindless killings of noobs will go away as time passes by.
    Besides i dont think that all the neophytes will risk their title by ganking a few lowbies seeing as anyone can get a team togheter and get some payback at anytime.

If they would add some 0%/25% zones that have no mission entrances, no 75% zone lines, no special loots, no unique monsters, and a layout that is truly conducive to PvP, I think this would be a wonderful addition to the game.

They could return Mort and EFP to 75% like they rightfully ought to be and let the so-called 'carebears' play in peace. The hardcore PvP'ers who just want to kill to test their skillz and enjoy the game in their way would have an entire zone to do so without infringing on the rights of others.

I sincerely hope the expansion pack takes into consideration the needs of those who aren't necessarily into AO for the setting or story and look to PvP for enjoyment. Some of the 'Outzones' (where the Dust Brigade supposedly hides) ought to be opened up as raw, semi-terraformed landscape where anything goes.

I think people will adjust to a 25-0% enviorment, the mindless killings of noobs will go away as time passes by.
    MMORPGs will always have players who get their kicks killing newer players.
    Dest

You can maybe make it all 25/0 for 75+

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

I actually like the idea of a full-PvP server, although I doubt Funcom would ever, EVER hurt their precious servers with an actual war. It'd have to be a third (not counting that German one) server, like, as a lot of people have said, AC's Darktide (those were good times).

We dont need to make experements just go to ACE camp and see how many people hunt there and yes it much better and same fast Xp as in mission. Only it 25% area.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast