Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Funcom please make entier rk1 25% for just a day!

Re: waaaaa

Originally posted by Vandame
    "What about the ppl that only plays on fridays...."
    "Go play Counterstrike....."
    "I dont wanna get ganked........."
    " Oh great more griefers........"

Listen to yourselves, what a bunch on coward whiners.
    he speaks the truth.

If you guys are afraid of player interaction then play a single player game.

If you just want to chat with friends and roleplay then PvP does not stop you from doing this.
    If anything PvP adds to the roleplaying dynamic.

I don't want to play MMORPG quake ok, I don't just want to gank people that are hunting as you carebears seem to think... I want epic battles between players, raids, plus the many roleplaying opportunities a PvP world brings about (see my previous post for details).

Roleplaying in this game is pretty limited... "We must go do our 500th mission inside a tiny wooden shack in 20k for omni tek... when will those clanners learn to stop making bases there, and how do they build them so fast?"

FC WE WANT

PLZ FC, MAKE IT SO

There's a difference between player interaction in PvP, and getting ganked. If the epic battles were really going to happen, then someone needs to tell us care-bears that at least we're going to be taking part in something fun, rather than being used as title-fodder.

It's the age old problem of PvP-style versus PvM-style. There's no keeping both sides perfectly happy. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a random day every month when all the gas goes 0%, but to say that the people that don't like are care-bears is overstepping the mark a bit.

As for PvP not stopping RP, then I suggest you look at Cloudeh's thread regarding him being taken hostage in 20K. He was continually killed by people that just want to kill and not even ask questions later. Any chance of RP'ing during that time is purely based upon the constructs that surround the RP, and not the RP itself.

I'm all for having one day a month, but at least make it random, otherwise, the that aren't interested in PvP are given a timetable as to when they can play and when they can't/won't play.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Poweredge's Soldier Guide (Now Sticky!)

You want to use CAC in SL? READ THIS

Bump

I honestly (no flames intended) do not understand how anyone can kill the same mobs over and over and over and over and over and over and over. It may be just me but when i figure out and can predict the reation of all mobs in games the fun lvl goes drastically down. The mobs do not think of their own and have 0 tactics. They do the EXACT same thing in every situation and killing becomes a rhythm. I just don't understand how this is fun. Players are unpredicatable and require quick thinking and re-acting.
    Do people just not like conflict with other people? (If only life was like this)
    Or when they fail do they like to claim bugs/glitch (No fair the mob has 20k hp and 10k AC!!, that is why i lost!!!)?
    Is it that a player and you have the same options and resources available and losing somehow reflects back to the person? Its not like a lvl 5 person can get attacked by a lvl 150.

Implement a 75-125 lvl pvp range, and then a 126-200 level range. Then make everywhere 25%!!!

The extremely small 25% zones are what kill pvp in AO. Ganking/twinking/super outside buffs are a result of this. If more of the world or all was 25% then people wouldn't spend time to run around getting uvc (or the 14.2 version) all the time. There would be a lot of non-twinked combat and teaming with people that you are familar with would be vital. Even if this happened 1 day per week or month that would add ****e to the world of AO.

Would there be ganking? Hell yah.
    Wouild there be people who only like to cause grief to others? Hell yah.
    Would there be good epic battles between non twinked characters? Hell yah
    Would there be teams fighting over spawns? Hell yah.
    Would over 90% of all fights be non ganks/grief kills? I believe so.

Would i be ganked and griefed just like everyone else? Yup
    and I am willing to go through this for other 9/10 battles that would be a blast. yEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS BUMMMMPPP
    Undercover Soccom Brother

Blackness confirmed!!
    Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Buying ql 161 Art of Peace nano

Lightbulb

I agree 100%, Irritated. The lack of 25% zones in AO ruins the pvp. The only places to pvp that I ever see people at are 2h0, MMD and the arena in Tir. I'm not sure about the other two, but I do know that in MMD and Tir's arena involve standing in the 75% zone and getting ready to fight, and most of the fights are duels or ganks. Another thing that ruins pvp in AO is the fact that you don't get any title points when you PVP in teams. This adds to the effect of the arena and MMD. There is no compensation for pvping with others. I say, if MMD is going to be a 25% zone, make all of Newland 25% as well. Just some thoughts.

if you want to pvp you can, if you dont want to, you dont have to. what is wrong with this?
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

Re: Re: waaaaa

Originally posted by Zeroshift

he speaks the truth.

If you guys are afraid of player interaction then play a single player game.

If you just want to chat with friends and roleplay then PvP does not stop you from doing this.
    If anything PvP adds to the roleplaying dynamic.

I don't want to play MMORPG quake ok, I don't just want to gank people that are hunting as you carebears seem to think... I want epic battles between players, raids, plus the many roleplaying opportunities a PvP world brings about (see my previous post for details).

Roleplaying in this game is pretty limited... "We must go do our 500th mission inside a tiny wooden shack in 20k for omni tek... when will those clanners learn to stop making bases there, and how do they build them so fast?"
    And what freaking level are YOU? Yeah it's real fun for all you high levels so you can massacre the low levels cause that's what would happen.

Actually I'll tell you what would happen. The low levels won't play on that day. You high levels would have to fight each other. And since a lot of you pvper lot are gankers, you won't like that so YOU won't play either. I mean heaven forbid you actually have to take a chance of being killed.

Why are you pvpers so insistent on forcing pvp on people who don't want to pvp? Just so YOU have more victims? Hey how about removing pvp entirely for one day a week? I mean that would be just as fair as what you're describing right?

If you can't get enough victims in your pvp zones then maybe it's because most people don't want to pvp, at least not in the way it's set up in this game.

Originally posted by Irritated
    Bump

I honestly (no flames intended) do not understand how anyone can kill the same mobs over and over and over and over and over and over and over. It may be just me but when i figure out and can predict the reation of all mobs in games the fun lvl goes drastically down. The mobs do not think of their own and have 0 tactics. They do the EXACT same thing in every situation and killing becomes a rhythm. I just don't understand how this is fun. Players are unpredicatable and require quick thinking and re-acting.
    Do people just not like conflict with other people? (If only life was like this)
    Or when they fail do they like to claim bugs/glitch (No fair the mob has 20k hp and 10k AC!!, that is why i lost!!!)?
    Is it that a player and you have the same options and resources available and losing somehow reflects back to the person? Its not like a lvl 5 person can get attacked by a lvl 150.

Implement a 75-125 lvl pvp range, and then a 126-200 level range. Then make everywhere 25%!!!

The extremely small 25% zones are what kill pvp in AO. Ganking/twinking/super outside buffs are a result of this. If more of the world or all was 25% then people wouldn't spend time to run around getting uvc (or the 14.2 version) all the time. There would be a lot of non-twinked combat and teaming with people that you are familar with would be vital. Even if this happened 1 day per week or month that would add ****e to the world of AO.

Would there be ganking? Hell yah.
    Wouild there be people who only like to cause grief to others? Hell yah.
    Would there be good epic battles between non twinked characters? Hell yah
    Would there be teams fighting over spawns? Hell yah.
    Would over 90% of all fights be non ganks/grief kills? I believe so.

Would i be ganked and griefed just like everyone else? Yup
    and I am willing to go through this for other 9/10 battles that would be a blast. yEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS BUMMMMPPP
    Look I played a game where pvp was allowed everywhere except in the cities. Know what happened? The gankers took over. New players could not level AT ALL. As soon as they stepped foot outside the city, they were dead. People stopped playing the game and left in droves. The game died.

I know what you're going to say, people could level in missions. Well whoopee, so you could NEVER leave your city. What fun.

Don't underestimate the number of people who get their kicks from ruining other people's fun. What you suggest would just be a ganker's paradise.

It wouldn't make sense economically to Funcom either. Look at UO. They introduced a land free of non-consentual PvP (Trammel). Subscriptions stopped declining and actually went UP.

People will argue to the ends of the earth that Trammel ruined UO, but the numbers seem to say otherwise
    Dest

The current setup in AO is not conductive to pvp. Sorry.

I'm in lush fields and this punk clanner is there at lvl 100 Ksing my groups exp. This is not against any rules (NOR SHOULD IT BE) but there isn't anything i can do. He are of opposite faction in a remote area (closes OP is nuetral) and this magical gas prevents us from fighting back and sending this punk to a reclaim.
    Maybe i should buy a gas mask...
    Not to offend the mentally handicap, but this is retarded.
    In an environment in which people interact with other people
    this is the current PVP situation.
    how can there be nothing but:
    Clan: "F-U all omnis!"
    Omni: "Man I'll waste you if you step into the 25% zone 1 foot in front of you clanner!!"
    Clan: "Screw moving 1 feet so that i can get attacked! I enjoy this gas here, It prevents my arms from aiming this gun at you! Plus I can get very upset and do everything but use a weapon against you and there is nothing you can do about it.. NOTHING hahah"
    Omni: "Thats right you better be scared!"
    Clan: "I would fight you but you're teamed you loser i just sent you a team request"
    Omni: "come on duel me, I swear i'm not outside buffed and i just left my ganking team! "Also i just deleted UVC and Behemoth, come on fight me!"
    Clan: "Hell no! That person you were just teamed with is a doc and if you are about to lose you will have your friend just heal you and I, nor my friends, cannot defend against this in anyway!"
    Omni: "No I won't, I only fight fair and never get healed. Ignore the apprentice title above my head!"
    Clan: "Ok maybe you won't get healed but you will just run and zone!"
    (several minutes pass)
    Clan: *thinks to self* wow that omni that i was about to fight is now fighting someone. Wow, hes at 1/2. Now is my time to pounce!!

Now you can reverse the clan/omni designation. It really doesn't matter.
    This sucks. Horribly.

Blackness confirmed!!

Re: Re: Re: waaaaa

Originally posted by Laeni

And what freaking level are YOU? Yeah it's real fun for all you high levels so you can massacre the low levels cause that's what would happen.
    If you consider lvl 75 low and a point where people still don't really know what they are doing then you are just proving this game is toooooooooooooooooooo easy to lvl and comparable to any final fantasy game (walking back and forth trying to get attacked) with IRC up next to it. Below 75 would have level restrictions.
    [quote][b]
    Actually I'll tell you what would happen. The low levels won't play on that day. You high levels would have to fight each other. And since a lot of you pvper lot are gankers, you won't like that so YOU won't play either. I mean heaven forbid you actually have to take a chance of being killed.[quote][b]
    There are many high lvl players that don't pvp because it doesn't work. Many of them would love pvp to mean something. What does killing somone in a small pocket zone in MMD mean? Nothing. What does taking over a good spawn spot in 20k mean? Lvling rights. Killing the moronic monster over and over to gain a few lvls them moving over to the EXACT same monster (ooohh it has hardened in its name instead of seasoned!!!!) but in a different camp is dumb. Mobs do the exact same thing OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again without anything different tactics at all. Unless FC makes mobs more intelligent you WILL become bored at about lvl130.

Why are you pvpers so insistent on forcing pvp on people who don't want to pvp? Just so YOU have more victims? Hey how about removing pvp entirely for one day a week? I mean that would be just as fair as what you're describing right?

What exactly is the difference between pvp and pvm? In pvm the mob you are fighting has many more HP then you, unlimited nano, and unbelievable evades and AC. But they are dumb. They react exactly the same every time. In pvp, the person is much more comparable to you in health/evades/ac but ISN"T predictable. Is this the bad part? Too much for you huh?
    I can lvl to 100 in about 1.5 weeks.. That seems too easy for 1/2 the available lvls in the game when it is supposed to last 4 years

If you can't get enough victims in your pvp zones then maybe it's because most people don't want to pvp, at least not in the way it's set up in this game.
    Exactly. If pvp was changed in this game to more 25% zones or there was a day once per week/month in which everything was 0% or 25% zones many more people would pvp.
    Currnetly PVP is broken with the very small PVP pockets. It doesn't make sense for RP reasons and doesn't make sense for "anarchy" online in general.

Blackness confirmed!!

Originally posted by CocoClown
    It wouldn't make sense economically to Funcom either. Look at UO. They introduced a land free of non-consentual PvP (Trammel). Subscriptions stopped declining and actually went UP.

People will argue to the ends of the earth that Trammel ruined UO, but the numbers seem to say otherwise
    I spent all last weekend trying to find AO for a friend to buy. WWW. ebworld.com doesn't sell it. Software ETC and Electronics Boutique do not carry it anymore. Nor does anywhere else in Sacramento that sells software. ( I was told someone saw it in the bargain bin for $4.99 at 1 software etc but it wasn't there when i looked) and was only able to get it off www.gamestop.
    This isn't a good sign.
    I love this game and want it to stick around.

Blackness confirmed!!

Originally posted by Dscaper
    There's a difference between player interaction in PvP, and getting ganked. If the epic battles were really going to happen, then someone needs to tell us care-bears that at least we're going to be taking part in something fun, rather than being used as title-fodder.

It's the age old problem of PvP-style versus PvM-style. There's no keeping both sides perfectly happy. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a random day every month when all the gas goes 0%, but to say that the people that don't like are care-bears is overstepping the mark a bit.

As for PvP not stopping RP, then I suggest you look at Cloudeh's thread regarding him being taken hostage in 20K. He was continually killed by people that just want to kill and not even ask questions later. Any chance of RP'ing during that time is purely based upon the constructs that surround the RP, and not the RP itself.

I'm all for having one day a month, but at least make it random, otherwise, the that aren't interested in PvP are given a timetable as to when they can play and when they can't/won't play.
    What really kills the PvP is the arenas and these "arenas that look like cities". All the safe zones and crap just turn all PvP in the game into an arena duel and it sucks.

If everything was 25% it wouldn't be so bad after a few weeks when people start laying down the rules, what is exceptable and what is not.

The gankers will be looked down apon, and if they get bad enough people will start hunting them down.

What's great about the conflict setup(clan vs omni) we have is we don't have to worry about people ganking n00bs like in Asherons call. ... because unlike asherons call it's not a giant free for all... You can always fall back to the safety of your home cities... Or you can always choose to hunt in areas that are controlled by your side.
    Last edited by Zeroshift; May 2nd, 2002 at 21:41:31.

Re: Re: Re: waaaaa

Originally posted by Laeni

Level 103 Agent
    I get ganked by uber level 150-200 traders all the time. That doesn't mean PvP has to be that way.

It doesn't bother me because that is how things are, and it would not be so bad if they made the world 25%.

If you want to understand why this would not be so then read my above post. I speak from extensive expierence on the Asheron's Call Darktide server.
    Last edited by Zeroshift; May 2nd, 2002 at 21:40:00.

Originally posted by Irritated
    The current setup in AO is not conductive to pvp. Sorry.

I'm in lush fields and this punk clanner is there at lvl 100 Ksing my groups exp. This is not against any rules (NOR SHOULD IT BE) but there isn't anything i can do. He are of opposite faction in a remote area (closes OP is nuetral) and this magical gas prevents us from fighting back and sending this punk to a reclaim.
    You all seem to be forgetting this is a war between two sides... To date there has never been a total PvP MMORPG with that setup.

This is where the concept of controlling territory and roleplaying will come in.

If you don't want to be ganked, hunt where it's safe. Think about it, shouldn't hunting in clan territory be extremely risky? You are behind enemy lines FFS.

When your group meets up with a clan group... There should be some fireworks. We have lived in carebear land for so long that we forgot these sides are suppose to hate each other.

AC darktide was a very political atmosphere. The only downside was that the "every man for himself" setup made it a very hard life for the newbies without a guild.

AO is different. It's divided into two sides. One side is relatively safe from gankers (The occasional large scale raid may get you though). One side is filled with the enemy and is a dangerou place to be.

Regarding neutrals: Inside their towns should be 100% gas like newland.. However, it's still no mans land that can be fought over and controlled. if you fight too much in a nuetral zone the guards should attack you, they don't want this in their home.

Originally posted by Zeroshift

You all seem to be forgetting this is a war between two sides... To date there has never been a total PvP MMORPG with that setup.

This is where the concept of controlling territory and roleplaying will come in.

If you don't want to be ganked, hunt where it's safe. Think about it, shouldn't hunting in clan territory be extremely risky? You are behind enemy lines FFS.

When your group meets up with a clan group... There should be some fireworks. We have lived in carebear land for so long that we forgot these sides are suppose to hate each other.

AC darktide was a very political atmosphere. The only downside was that the "every man for himself" setup made it a very hard life for the newbies without a guild.

AO is different. It's divided into two sides. One side is relatively safe from gankers (The occasional large scale raid may get you though). One side is filled with the enemy and is a dangerou place to be.

Regarding neutrals: Inside their towns should be 100% gas like newland.. However, it's still no mans land that can be fought over and controlled. if you fight too much in a nuetral zone the guards should attack you, they don't want this in their home.
    I'm on your side dude...
    Unless you were quoting me to back me up =)

Blackness confirmed!!

Just a quick note. Someone has to explain to me why the two sides are supposed to hate each other. As far as I can tell Omni-Tek is a ruthless but fairly moral company that simply has the allmight credit at its bottom line. I've seen nothing terrible done by Omni-Tech since the end of the last civil war and pretty much understand all their positions. Omni-Tek is full of good decent players who probably don't think they are evil.

The Clans were given full sovereignty over a large portion of the planet under the Tir Accords and seem to be interested in developing for their people. They haven't done anything necessarily evil on a scale that would prompt a war. There are a lot of really nice people playing Clan characters and I don't think any of them consider themselves as evil or something to be hated.

We need a third faction of BAAAD people. People who you feel good about killing. People who when you kill them, people like me don't come on the boards and explain why it is YOU who are the criminal for engaging in violence. People who you look at and immediately say BAD MAN.

UO had their 'Reds'. You saw them and knew they were bad. If you killed one, nobody would argue your reasons.

The hardcore PvP'ers are expecting something out of the story that doesn't exist. For Omni-Tek and the Clans to go to war, there needs to be a reason. There is absolutely no reason for either side to be fighting each other right now.

What FunCom needs to do to satisfy many people is to make the Dust Brigade a playable faction. Nobody would argue that killing a Duster is a bad thing. They are evil Anarchists. They likewise would be required to live in the Outlands and have a tough time at surviving day to day.

A war between the Clans and Omni-Tek would be like a war between the Democrats and the Rebublicans. Sure they may rib each other and tell jokes about each other at their respective cocktail parties. But they ain't pulling guns on each other. No reason.

This pervades both RL and In-character. People have buddies on the other side. They may poke insults at them all day long and even try to get them to defect. But they aren't going to kill 'em and ruin two hours worth of exp'ing.

Anarchy Online needs a bad guy. They don't have that now and it's driving the people who like to PvP 'just because we can' and 'because monster bashing is boring' and the people who are honestly looking for a reason to bear arms further and further apart.

Perhaps the story was too sophisticated for what eventually became FunCom's audience to comprehend.

You know

The reason you feel like there are no bad guys in this game is bacause of that stupid happy gas!
    We have gotten used to teaming with omnis and clanners in broken shores.
    Make the entier world 25% play for a week and then come back and tell me that there are no bad guys in this game =)

Omnitech has commited terrible atrocities in the past. They have exploited the weak, made slavery fashonable again and created horrible abominations not even god could love.
    To me omnis are the bad guys!

Anyway, just make a few more lvl restrictions to pvp as someone mentioned before to suppres ganking.

I think another reason ppl dislike pvp so much is because they are not used to getting killed by other players. Its much more comfortable to stand in the safety of the gas and shout insults and kill steal.

I say make 3 days a week 100% gas and the rest 25-0% that would be a nice compromise, ofcource the carebears never where much for compromising. They just want their happy little colorfull world where they can prans around in their little swimmingsuits and walk around in safety all day just like the do irl.

PLEASE PPL! This is a game it is supposed to be fun and EXITING!
    Can you honestly say that doing hundreds of indoor missions exiting? There is no rp in this game, no story, no conflict, nothing!

Make it all 25% and there wont have to be a story because it will write it self!

Christabel

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    Just a quick note. Someone has to explain to me why the two sides are supposed to hate each other. As far as I can tell Omni-Tek is a ruthless but fairly moral company that simply has the allmight credit at its bottom line. I've seen nothing terrible done by Omni-Tech since the end of the last civil war and pretty much understand all their positions. Omni-Tek is full of good decent players who probably don't think they are evil.

The Clans were given full sovereignty over a large portion of the planet under the Tir Accords and seem to be interested in developing for their people. They haven't done anything necessarily evil on a scale that would prompt a war. There are a lot of really nice people playing Clan characters and I don't think any of them consider themselves as evil or something to be hated.

We need a third faction of BAAAD people. People who you feel good about killing. People who when you kill them, people like me don't come on the boards and explain why it is YOU who are the criminal for engaging in violence. People who you look at and immediately say BAD MAN.

UO had their 'Reds'. You saw them and knew they were bad. If you killed one, nobody would argue your reasons.

The hardcore PvP'ers are expecting something out of the story that doesn't exist. For Omni-Tek and the Clans to go to war, there needs to be a reason. There is absolutely no reason for either side to be fighting each other right now.

What FunCom needs to do to satisfy many people is to make the Dust Brigade a playable faction. Nobody would argue that killing a Duster is a bad thing. They are evil Anarchists. They likewise would be required to live in the Outlands and have a tough time at surviving day to day.

A war between the Clans and Omni-Tek would be like a war between the Democrats and the Rebublicans. Sure they may rib each other and tell jokes about each other at their respective cocktail parties. But they ain't pulling guns on each other. No reason.

This pervades both RL and In-character. People have buddies on the other side. They may poke insults at them all day long and even try to get them to defect. But they aren't going to kill 'em and ruin two hours worth of exp'ing.

Anarchy Online needs a bad guy. They don't have that now and it's driving the people who like to PvP 'just because we can' and 'because monster bashing is boring' and the people who are honestly looking for a reason to bear arms further and further apart.

Perhaps the story was too sophisticated for what eventually became FunCom's audience to comprehend.
    Sit in omni trade or entertainment and listen to the propaganda.
    *Paraphrase*
    "Pick up a gun and shoot a clan today!"
    Why do guards attack opposite faction members on sight? Is it because we are a large happy world family? There is no conflict because of what Vandame was expressing. We can't fight so all we do is team. Small pockets don't really count.
    Killing that big bad veteran enforcer 5,983,394,394,123,139,893,936,999.1 times to get to lvl200 after lvl 125 because there really isn't anything else to do, seems really stupid.
    Also....
    Why is Home (Broken Shores) 100% suppression gas when it is controlled by clan? Seems really stupid. Its pretty obvious the Story FC is making is going nowhere. A world of 25% zones would create a story. Even if it was once or a few times a week.
    Last edited by Soccom; May 3rd, 2002 at 16:40:59.

Blackness confirmed!!

Re: You know

Originally posted by Vandame
    I say make 3 days a week 100% gas and the rest 25-0% that would be a nice compromise, ofcource the carebears never where much for compromising. Christabel
    Can't be 100%.. would have to be 75%. Otherwise no one could fight anything =)
    That might be interesting though =)

Blackness confirmed!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast