Thread: Mission entries

Mission entries

Only ones i've found are in tir county by the crater mainly, but unless your key is in your bag or unusable when you zone out, if you so much as twitch it zones you back in, NOT very helpful if you're nearly dead, especially as funcom cannot (or will not) refund exp (even if you did lose it because of negligence) personally i think they should do refunds IF you lose this way or from any other strange bug

Angry

I find this one of the most ( I can not even think of a word the explains how angry it makes me) (you put a word in) bugs.

I do wish to thank you for the info on putting the key in your bag, I will do this from now on.

And Funcom, please try to find this one.

GaryC

We'll look into this (zoning back into a mission area even due to 'the slightest twitch'). Has anyone else been affected by this?

I'm a little confused by your first statement however. You are saying the only missions you can find are in Tir County? At what level, and where are you getting the missions from?
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Oh yes got this bug a few times, petitioned about it once and ARK told me to put my key into a bag to get out like I should. Happened to me in Aegean and in Perpetual wastelands. Also know friends who have got this in various zones, at least I know what to tell them now when they ask me.

So Cosmik you have no rule for ARKs reporting bugs like this, eh? They obviously seem to know how to temporarily fix it already.

EDIT: and I think he means this bug has only happened to him only in that one zone .
    Last edited by peekaboo; May 6th, 2002 at 07:18:41.

Arrow Omni-Ent and other mission wierdness

I've had this happen in Omni-Ent on testlive. You zone out of the mission. If you stand still, then you can sit and heal. If you move in any direction, even forward away from the door, you zone back in.

When you zone out, you appear to be being put 'behind' the zone border, and as zone borders are bi-directional...

The Omni-Ent missions in question were ones with the door deep into the building so you walk down a sort of tunnel to get to the door.

Other mission funnies are cave entrances in cliff sides which sometimes appear out of place. You get to the mission location and can't see the entrance, but if you move *into* the cliff, you'll be able to walk into it, and the mission entrance will then become visible. I've also noticed that once you've been in the mission and come back out, the entrance appears correctly (not sure if this is the mechanism, it may be that the time of day is different or something else entirely).

Cosmik:

Check with your ARKs. I had this problem several weeks ago in Delirium. I petitioned and an ARK named Harpster showed up quickly. He seemed to know all about it and claimed that I could determine if it would be a problem by looking at the mission entrance (though I no longer believe that this is true).

The Delirium mission just immediately zones you back in, you do not need to move. A location in 4 Holes zones you in behind the "zone line." So you can sit and heal but you cannot leave. If you move any diurection you zone back into the mission.

BTW, nice advice about putting the key in a bag. I was just deleting them.
    Txxx
    Clan Fixer
    Rubi-Ka 2

This happened to me in Avalon, where the mission entrance was one of the mounds of dirt with a hole in it, like an ant hill. Luckily, it was just a solo mission for a token so there weren't any mobs trying to get at me right inside the door. For me though, it would force me to enter the mission again without even moving at all, I would get the "Entering Avalon" message, then a "Changing zone" message right afterward. After four or five rounds of that garbage, I just RD'd from inside the mission instead of flying back like I planned.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

happened to me too, in Aegaen missions, near the big lava crater there.

thx for the tip on putting key in bag, ill try that next time it happens
    Syryx, nanotechician by trade, proud member of Shadow Ops and part-time leet

"that's not a bug, that's a feature"

Ooo yeah thanks. I was doing one in TLR in one of those mounds and it kept happening. Even sitting down, if I pushed the right arrow (basically sitting in place but turning slightly), boom, back in the mission with 3 orange-reds beating me up again while I was still sitting down.
    Testlive addict.