Thread: Nanomage Liberation Front: Jumping at Spectres

Nanomage Liberation Front: Jumping at Spectres

Nanomage Liberation Front: Jumping at Spectres
    Perrine

West Athen, Athen Shire -- (FJRK) -- Nanomage citizens react with exasperation and chagrin to the recent accusations mounted against the Advisors of Rubi-Ka (ARK) by The Nanomage Liberation Front (NLF).

The recent 'cease and desist' ultimatum issued by the NLF asserted that the fluctuation in the notum fields created by the weekly augmentation of members of the Advisors of Rubi-Ka is a greedy grab for power, rather than a necessary process for the enhancement of members of the ARK order. In response to these wild accusations, ARK has halted their research into Notum Replenishment, causing great concern amongst the world's nanomage citizens.

"I'm not looking forward to the day that notum suddenly runs out." said Kacey "Regidoc" Stych, President of Valor Eternal (EG). "Dying kinda disappoints me." Fellow nanomage Anthony "Cogs" Mcduff, President of Cerberus [EG], concurred exclaiming "To put it bluntly (this is) potentially disasterous!" While united in their belief that research into Notum Replenishment should continue, opinions vary on just how harmful the NLF threats are to the plight of the nanomage population.

"I have faith that the people of Rubi-Ka aren't so ignorant as to believe that these people (NLF) represent any more than an isolated pocket of the insane," implored Eloise "Psia" Nottoris, member of First Light (EG). "They don't represent me, or my friends. I hope that ARK will reconsider their decision."

Engineer Cogs was somewhat more forgiving of the efforts of NLF President Chi "Aazamon" Fadri, explaining "I tend to respect Aazamon for his devotion, and stamina. We, as nanomages, are strong...intellectually benefiting. I do not think they are paranoid nor delusional, but passionate. (Passion) can direct men onto obscure and difficult to decipher paths, but for the most part, they are fueled by pure motives."

Yet still the conflict between NLF and ARK moves forward, pending investigation by the ICC. Until that investigation is complete, nanomages across Rubi-Ka can only wait and hope for calmer heads to prevail.
    When asked what she would prefer to see NLF do, Psia replied "Stop jumping at spectres, and start working to help our people."
    Last edited by CJ; Jan 26th, 2004 at 20:57:04.

The Nanomage Liberation Front speaks for no one but the Nanomage Liberation Front. Individually every nanomage, or other breed for that matter, speaks for his or herself. What the Nanomage Liberation Front does however is we fight for every nanomage on Rubi-Ka. We fight for you and there is a long list of NLF members who have died for you. I will die for your right to have a future, and I don't mean the type of death that sends you to reclaim and as good as new in moments. The Nanomage Liberation Front has always sought to first find out the threats to our people and secondly publicize these threats, and thirdly to wage a campaign against these threats. These have been, but not limited to, Notum Depletion, attemps at Nanomage genocide using genetic warfare, and ensuring Rubi-Ka is liveable for all.

ARK's response to our warnings against thier extraordinary notum uses every week have been met with spite for all Rubikians, not just the NLF. They have threatened us all and wish the NLF to be a scape goat for notum depletion. Why is this you may wonder? ARK can not solve the problem of notum depletion as long as notum is exported off of Rubi-Ka. furthermore we have learned from studies of the ancient Xan that overuse of notum resources can have drastic, even catastrophic effects for us all, not just nanomages. I ask all mages, nay all Rubikains, to do extensive research themselves. If you do not trust the NLF, go into the shadowlands, speak with the inhabitants. They will tell you of a history which we on Rubi-Ka are sadly repeating.

Some may see my passion, and the passion of the NLF members as being "insane" but I ask you this. Just because a task is hard, because all odds are against us, should we shirk out duty to defend our people and defend our home? Would you, facing certain annialation simply say "fine I'll die then cause there is no hope". Or would you not try to change the tide, try to bring those on side who can be educated, and fight till your last living breath is gone against those who would see you destroyed? This is not insanity, but our grave and solemn duty. You should not be asking why we are so passionate about this, but why YOU are not!

Those that know me, or have at least attempted to have a dialogue with me know I am a reasonable mage. I will do whatever it takes to accomodate all sides as long as it doesn't compromise the future of the nanomage people. Make no mistake I have been critisized within the NLF by orders of magnitude greater than without for being so willing to accomodate others. But in the end we have no choice, and if that end comes nearer you will see many more mages of all stripes, all affiliations accross Rubi-Ka begin to sing the same tune. We will not go into the darkness without a fight!
    Aazamon General of the Nanomage Liberation Front

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

The Nanomage Liberation Front

Aazamon, humanity (all breeds) needs Notum now, and huge ammounts of it. Agreed that Nano mages need it to live at all, but with all the miracle medecines brought on by Notum research there are many millions that depend on a steady supply of Notum to not die from various illnesses. In the end you would have to fight of all of humanity to stop notum mining, or even decrease it. My personal opinion is that you would spen your time more wisely by finding new ways to refine the Notum ore more efficiently, and if there is a way to regenerate or creat synthetic Notum.

For what it´s worth, you have my 0.02 Credits.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

Xhairs brings up an interesting point.

Aazamon, humanity (all breeds) needs Notum now, and huge ammounts of it
    I agree with his assesment that notum is the best thing that ever happened to humanity.
    But not only the nanomages will suffer if the NLF complaint that notum is being mined faster then it is being created holds up. What will happen when the big crunch comes, the time that there is not enough notum left to keep up with the demand?

The known universe is addicted to notum and through my work with addicts I can predict what will happen, seeing that an addict will do just about everything to get the next fix. We'll end up in the biggest corperate war ever with as focal point Rubi-Ka.
    With every corperation which thinks it might have a chance of claiming Rubi-Ka trying to kill of any competition. What is worse there will be at least one corperation (no I don't have a specific one in mind) that will try to turn back the clock on the terraforming of Rubi-Ka and obliterate just about every living thing on the planet following the reasoning that if we can't have it then they won't have it either.

The good thing is that this will probably not happen while I'm alive. The bad thing is it will happen sooner or later if the rate of notum extraction is greater then rate at which new notum deposits are created.
    Proud member of Circle G.
    We solve your problems on Rubi-Ka 1.(if the price is right)

Originally posted by Xhairs
    Aazamon, humanity (all breeds) needs Notum now, and huge ammounts of it. Agreed that Nano mages need it to live at all, but with all the miracle medecines brought on by Notum research there are many millions that depend on a steady supply of Notum to not die from various illnesses. In the end you would have to fight of all of humanity to stop notum mining, or even decrease it. My personal opinion is that you would spen your time more wisely by finding new ways to refine the Notum ore more efficiently, and if there is a way to regenerate or creat synthetic Notum.

For what it´s worth, you have my 0.02 Credits.
    Other breeds need notum like they need an automated can opener instead of a manual one. Nanomages need notum like they need oxygen. There parrallels arn't equal. Not to mention the use of nanobots inside the body is a 30,000 year old technology without the use of notum. The biggest outcry will be from millitary and industrial uses who do wish to have access to notum to make thier industries more profitable and so they can bring you a new and improved razor that includes a clock radio.

I'm not saying notum shouldn't be used, I believe that is what it is here for, it's a gift from Rubi-Ka to us. We were meant to find Rubi-Ka, but not only to find notum but to advance mankind past the paterns of civilization that have ruled us for the past frew thousand years. We have the capacity to look forward into the future and see what our actions will bring us. Is it a mistake we found the shadowlands? I think we were meant to find them so we can take a glimps at the future we are building for ourselves.

I think we can change our ways. Furthermore I think we can advance incredibly with the use of notum if we use it respectfully. We can develope Rubi-Ka completely, we can invite industries to come to Rubi-Ka to use notum in manufacturing while using recycling technology to make sure the notum isn't used up. We can develop a society based on freedom, the right to live, and the persuit of enlightenment.

Or we can follow the patern the Xan have, we can despoil our world and even tear at the fabric of time-space. We can export and use up notum wrecklessly until it is to late and our society collapses. We can, in the attempt at advancing ourselves, keep on this path and end up scattered and reduced to the level of our caveman ancestors. If we do this we the nanomage people won't be there to see it but I gather, scraping for food and warmth, the solitus won't know what they lost either.

I hear a lot of fears about corperations waging war. This is true and so very wrong. What is wrong with our society that we should be slaves to thier greed. I call out to all planets, all civil governments to take a stand against corperate power. All corperations should be made to submit to law and disarm completely. They have no right to kill and wage war over OUR birthright. They are not governments, they do not speak for us. Because they have the power to destroy us at this time is no reason for us to back down, instead we should fight all the harder against that aspect of human civilization that has plauged us for too long.
    Last edited by Aazamon; Jan 31st, 2004 at 16:15:22.
    Aazamon General of the Nanomage Liberation Front

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

The Nanomage Liberation Front

Angry

Hmmm. so what we have here it seems is a organization that is prejudiced against all other breeds. Why is it that they think they have sole rights to the notum? All breeds have rights to the notum. "I" have rights to the notum! Somrthing needs to be done about NLF and their crazy ideas that they are the notums "GODS" . I don't see any reason why there should be enough notum for us all.

Until again,

Zidox, Omni President of The Nine Who Guard

Originally posted by Zidox
    Hmmm. so what we have here it seems is a organization that is prejudiced against all other breeds. Why is it that they think they have sole rights to the notum? All breeds have rights to the notum. "I" have rights to the notum! Somrthing needs to be done about NLF and their crazy ideas that they are the notums "GODS" . I don't see any reason why there should be enough notum for us all.
    He is not prejudiced against other breeds, he simply says that others can live without notum. Nanomages cannot. That's a simple fact.

He did not say, "Only Nanomages should have the rights to notum." He is looking to keep his species alive. That is something that should be admired, not spit upon. We should all be looking for a solution to this problem, as so many of our friends are Nanomage and will die should notum ever be depleted.

I may not care much for the more extremist people within the NLF, but I certainly respect the goal that they are working towards.
    If you let them f*** you
    There will be no foreplay,
    Rest assured, they'll screw you complete
    'Til your a** is blue and grey

-Incubus

Ikagawa: First MA to be dropped by a QB wielding NT. I hate you Fallenhex! Veteran, Opposing Force
    Arienne, Former Squad Commander of the Dominatrix Society of Tir, Atlantean
    Stretdoc, Rimor

Originally posted by Aazamon

If we do this we the nanomage people won't be there to see it but I gather, scraping for food and warmth, the solitus won't know what they lost either.

Personally ill find a way to get off world and sit in a bar, drinking my life away but yeah....

Originally posted by Aazamon

They have no right to kill and wage war over OUR birthright.

How is it your birthright? The omni's made you for a purpose, you were breed for that purpose alone, its not your birth right anymore than it is omni-teks notum.

I have nothing but contempt for the NLF, they are a neut org that attacks clan notum plants, they are greedy enough to want to have all the notum to themselves (as they attack omni to) they arnt neutral, they are parasites.
    Morbicus

Just another unnamed soldier fighting for Freedom

Originally posted by Morbicus

How is it your birthright? The Omni's made you for a purpose, you were bred for that purpose alone, its not your birth right anymore than it is Omni-Teks notum.
    Yes, why don't you tell us why any self-respecting company, not interested in the slightest about the welfare of its "workforce", wouldn't induce DNA mutations that would make an entire population hopelessly dependant on something found only where they are wanted? I've always believed that Omni-Tek was nothing more than the byproduct of self-hypnotized masses of people who think they can be gods. Thankfully there are also those of us who have the courtesy to show you just how wrong you can be. And worshiping your precious Clan icons doesn't make you that much better either. By agreeing to export Notum you're still as much lackeys than you were when you didn't wear animal skins on your heads.

I have nothing but contempt for the NLF, they are a neutral org that attacks Clan Notum plants, they are greedy enough to want to have all the Notum to themselves (as they attack Omni too) they aren't neutral, they are parasites.
    True, we aren't very Neutral in the way that we would be contempt with whining to senior OT officials, but we are neutral in the way that we select our targets according to how much damage they do to the planet, not by what insignia they are decorated with. As for wanting all the Notum to ourselves, we don't believe it belongs to anyone but The Mother, our home, Rubi-Ka herself. You are all invited to enjoy the fruits of the land, but exploiting our home is a different thing entirely.

All major pains in the butt have parasites. It's just quite rare that the parasite outgrow its host. If you aren't all very careful, you just might be met by a problem of vermin you can't quite handle...