Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to find Adventurer nanos

Where to find Adventurer nanos

Well, seen multiple people asking the same question again and again over the past couple weeks, so I'd say it's time this post to be created.

To simplify this mini guide, open one of the following lists of nano programs in another browser window and follow along.

Shadowlands Nanos
    Nano Programs listed with Red Names are Shadowlands nanos, and most are buyable from the Guardian or Sanctuary nano crystal vendors. You'll have to quest to get your garden and sanctuary keys to do business with the nano vendors, or just find a friend with the keys.

You may also find some of these nanos off of Shadowlands Dyna bosses or in Shadowlands Chests, but you'll need to be lucky...very lucky.

Exception to SL rule #1: Shadowlands Map Nanos
    There is a Yuttos Geosurvey Dog (I think that's the right name) in each zone that will drop the Adventurer map nano for that zone, but if you don't like hunting down a wandering mob, you can get every Adventurer map nano as Rubi-Ka solo mission rewards.

Exception to SL rule #2: Cyclic Damage Shields
    Cyclic Damage Shields are also Shadowlands nanos. Check the Basic Nano Shops for your first Cyclic Shield.

These drop off random Shadowlands mobs. They drop frequently off the mobs you hunt for your specialization quests and Tier Armor.

Exception to SL rule #3: Improved Calms
    These appear rarely inside the chests of SL Static Dungeons, usually as a Weird looking "Nano Name".
    WARNING!!!These nanos can be "repaired" by someone with lots of Nano Programming skill and a nano programming interface. Repairing these crystals will turn it into a normal un-improved version. Do not try to repair the nano crystal!.

Root/Snare Resistance Nanos
    Root Resistance (Other) Line
    Root Resistance Line

The Root Resistance nanos were introduced in patch 14.71 and are findable only on outdoor, Rubi-Ka bosses of the appropriate level. You're best bet is to watch the forums and shopping channels closely. The exception to the rule is the first two nanos in the line. These can be found as solo or team mission rewards, as well as on outdoor dyna bosses. You won't find the higher quality resistance nanos in missions though.

Adventurer Love Patch Nanos (Patch 14.2 nanos)
    The Sharpen Claws Line, Perception Buff Line, Wolf Aura Line, Sabretooth Heal Line (excluding the Shadowlands extensions!), Pit Lizard HP Buff Line, 1-Hand Edged Buff Line, Damage Shield Add-On Line, Pistol Buff Line, Calm/Stun Line (Excluding the Improved versions), Leet Charm Line, and Combat Nanos were added with patch 14.2.

With most of these lines, you can find the first nano in the Adventurer Nano Crystal stores on Rubi-Ka or as rewards for solo or team missions. The higher quality nanos you can only find on team mission bosses and outdoor bosses.

Quest Nanos:

The Great Explorer
    The Great Explorer nano is a reward given out by Corporal Ashley Winstead. Quest Guide.

Cold Blooded
    Cold Blooded is a reward from the Xan civilization quest. Quest Guide.

Misdiagnosis
    Misdiagnosis can be purchased with Lost Eden Victory Points from the tower stores.

Improved Seed Life, Poisonous bite, Improved Vengeance of Nature, Superior Seed Life
    These nanos are rewards for completing Peacekeeper Constad's quests. Quest Guide

Calia's Figure: Wolf
    Given to Adventurers who complete the Dust Brigade / Locating the Threat quest.

Sector 13, 28, and 35 Nanos
    Mother Wolf is uploaded by Alien Matrix Alpha Box.

Improved Stare of Cerberus is uploaded by Alien Matrix Beta Box.

The Alpha and Beta boxes are created by collecting and combining items from Sector 13, 28, and 35. See Guide.

The original Adventurer nanos:
    That leaves the Adventurer nanos that have been with us since AO launched. These nanos can be purchased from the nano shops up until Ql125 (if you're Neutral, you're only superior nano store is the Jobe IPS shop in Jobe Plaza or recruiting a Clan or OT friend to buy Superior nanos for you).

125+ nanos you'll have to find by pulling missions with ClickSaver. Also, all of these older nanos can be found as team and solo mission rewards, so you don't have to spend money if you don't want to, though I highly suggest you buy the nanos from the store while you can.
    Last edited by Glarawyn; Oct 15th, 2008 at 18:48:23. Reason: Added more quest nanos.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

great post

I think the name of the dog dog that drops the nanos for SL maps is named "Yutto's geosurvey dog",not sure tho.These maps can be missioned as well,i got them all by blitzing them the day before SL was enabled (if memory serves me right,the inferno one was a pain to roll it tho)

Re: Where to find Adventurer nanos

Originally posted by Glarawyn

Going back further in Adventurer history:
    Root Resistance (Other) Line
    Root Resistance Line

The Root Resistance nanos were introduced in patch 14.71 and are findable only on outdoor, Rubi-Ka bosses of the appropriate level.

One final step into the history of Adventurer love:
    The Sharpen Claws Line, Perception Buff Line, Wolf Aura Line, Sabretooth Heal Line (excluding the Shadowlands extensions!), Pit Lizard HP Buff Line, 1-Hand Edged Buff Line, Damage Shield Add-On Line, Pistol Buff Line, Calm/Stun Line (Excluding the Improved versions), Leet Charm Line, and Combat Nanos were added with patch 14.2. With most of these lines, you can find the first nano in the Adventurer Nano Crystal stores on Rubi-Ka. The ones you can't find in the store drop off team mission bosses and outdoor bosses. ...
    I've found some of these nanos in solo missions as rewards.. specifically, the first of the root resist, root resist (other), 1HE buff, leet charm, and calm/stun lines. I believe the rest of the list Glarawyn posted is accurate, however... I haven't rolled a mission for the 2nd calm/stun nano yet.
    Yep. I'm back.
    Ph43r.

freedom of the forester and boon of the forester are missionable, the others are as Glarawyn has stated. imo, freedom of the ranger appeared to be hardest one to acquire
    --

Thanks for this post Glara =)

Nice post--making this sticky for a while..

-Jayde

Does the old convention of "NanoCrystal" being boss drop and "Nano Crystal" being blitzable/shop-bought still apply?
    Ashuras - Sol OT Adv on RK-1

Bartle Quotient:
    Explorer 93%, Achiever 53%, Socializer 40%, Killer 13%

Proud member of the Wardens of Omni-Tek

Thumbs up

Heya! Great post!

If i would like to blitz ie the Penubra map nano, what would be the
    name of it and the ql? I dont know what to put into clicksaver to roll it.

Any help on would be highly appreciated

regards
    kimert

kimert, click here. (Same link that was in the original post...)
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    ----

ok feeling stupid now (blush)

Thanks Glarawyn

regards
    kimert

Neutrals now can access superior shops if they go up to the Jobe IPS shop in the Plaza. Yayness.

-Falikos
    President - Shattered Dreams- Rimor

Whats up with the Improved Stun/Calm nanos? Haven't seen them anywhere, and no one is selling them. Are they dropping?

I wonder if the imporved stun/calm are also on outdoor enemies as well... good post this does clear up a whole lot.
    Nexeus Fatale
    Former GSP DJ
    website

Zane "Tharkael" Conmy

- "The secret to "the list" is that once you are on it, you automatically become Timelapse's and Regulas' chew toy."

As far as I know, Improved Calms are not in the game.
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    ----

I'm not sure what you mean by "Improved Calms" but I already have serene sky which is the highest calm listed. As far as many of the other higher adv nanos boon of the forester etc etc. Adv nanos drop quite frequently from dyna bosses on rubi ka. Some of these higher nanos may be Dyna only as I have not ever seen them as any mish reward ever. Also if you check the forums you can get many of these nanos they are not overly expensive. Most of what I have seen as blitzable solo mish rewards have been polymorphs and higher heals. These seem to be rollable fairly easily. Dynas are by far the fastest way to get the higher adv nanos in my experience. Hope this helps.

Mac

lol, there the new and improved nanos for adventurers that are not in game.
    not your old stinky nanos that need to be scrubbed everyday. ;D

Supposedly, the Improved Calms can only be found as werid looking nanocrystal. Source:aodb. Though they still might not be in-game yet, the crystal is in the database. The corrupt crystals are found in static dungeons in SL.

as far as a know corrupt nanos are uploadable at a corrupt level of 90% dont know about the others , anyone spot a corrupt one?

Originally posted by Benoni
    as far as a know corrupt nanos are uploadable at a corrupt level of 90% dont know about the others , anyone spot a corrupt one?
    My understanding is they can also be repaired using a nano programming interface and nanoprogramming skill.

As for the improved calms being implemented, I still believe they're not intended to be in the game and were accidently introduced by the corrupt nanocrystal. A new nanocrytals introduced by the shadowlands, with improved capabilities over the existing ones, with the exact same skill requirements as the existing ones and no spec requirement hardly follows the trend.

I wish one of the professionals would bug Cz about them a bit as currently single target calms in the SL usually means there's only 5 mobs attempting to crawl up your colon instead of 6.
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

About Improved nano series - They're INGAME. I looted and uploaded Improved Friend of the Wild myself, and I can post screenies about it if anyone can tell me a good place I can upload these pics.

As some ppl say they comes out as chest loot from various static dungeon in SL - not like other 'broken' normal nano but 'Weird looking' nano crystal. This is the full list of them.

The point is finding the static dungeon of proper QL(level) according to the nano you want to find - like normal RK mission, you can identify dungeon level by looking at the mob inside. For example Improved Friend of the Wild is QL 152 - therefore you should find a dungeon filled with 150-160ish lvl mobs and start looting chests there.

Note the QL of every nano you find in the dungeon - if you can find another 'broken' nano crystal of the same QL as you're looking for, there's chance you can get what you're looking for. For example if you see any other 152QL nano in chest, you can find Improved Friend of the Wild there as well.

Droprate is very poor however, since these chests have a WIDE range of loot table. My fixer gained 3 lvl(166 to 169) from that static dungeon when I found this nano, with only killing yellow/green mob inside, lockpicking, disarm traps.

One thing to note: I found Improved Friend of the Wild in the highest static dungeon of Adonis(150-160ish lvl), and couldn't see any 170+ QL nanos inside - it seems we can find Improved Serene sky, which is 172QL nano, in Penumbra static dungeon only. Have seen nanos up to 169QL(including Improved Semi-Sentinent Augmentation cloud, fixer damage buff), but not a single 170+.
    Last edited by Avatar77; May 24th, 2004 at 02:09:50.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast