Thread: Official Archetype Press Release regarding Jan 24 Borealis riots - Jan 25, 2003.

Exclamation Official Archetype Press Release regarding Jan 24 Borealis riots - Jan 25, 2003.

My fellow citizens of Rubi-Ka,

Tragic events occurred in Borealis yesterday. For the first time in history, Borealis had been under ICC Martial Law. The supression field was dropped, and riots broke out soon afterward. It was a sad day in the history of Borealis, with people of all factions running rampant and slaughtering their fellow Rubi-Kans. While the turmoil in Borealis absorbed the entire attention of the planet, the Dust Brigade attemped an attack on Newland City. Thanks to a few bold, nameless heroes they failed.
    Whomever fought the Dust Brigade, I thank you.
    I, however, was mired in Borealis with my entire detachment trying to retain order.
    It seemed the supression gas that was released had a hallucinogenic property, and because of this I warn everyone.
    Be on the watch and keep an eye on your health.
    I personally believe this was a ploy by Midia to terrorize the populace of Borealis into submission. She failed.
    She failed because of the massive force that rallied under my banner to defend Borealis, to defend it's citizens. I believe she attacked Newland with her "Dust Brigade" because she knew of the righteous power of the literal THOUSANDS of citizens who took up arms, ready to fight for their lives and for Borealis. She knew she would fail! I wish to personally thank you all, and I deeply apologize for the chaos that ensued. Many lost their lives yesterday, and it deeply saddens me knowing that their lives were lost because of a ploy by a truly evil woman. I express my condolences to those who lost loved ones yesterday.
    Let yesterday, instead of remembering it with sadness, remember it with glory. Remember the force that amassed, of Omni-Neutral-Clan power that picked up their guns and said, "Not in my town!" You rose and fought for everyone! Unity was achieved yesterday, when everyone dropped their factions and became Rubi-Kans!

Everyone who stood for justice in Borealis... you are true heroes.

I promise all of you, Midia will be stopped. Her vile whims will cease and she shall face justice for her actions. She will PAY for the pain she has inflicted upon Rubi-Ka!

--Brendan "Killchain" Nygaard, Director of Archetype
    -- Killchain

official? and what's this?

Remember the force that amassed, of Omni-Neutral-Clan power that picked up their guns and said, "Not in my town!" You rose and fought for everyone! Unity was achieved yesterday, when everyone dropped their factions and became Rubi-Kans!
    The way I saw it was dozens of omni running the clan terrorists out of town.
    Sadly some neutrals were stuck in the cross-fire, but at the end glory was there with not a single clan terrorist remaining in Borealis.
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

Exclamation

You were wrong. The city was gearing for an attack from the Dust Brigade, which is regarded by the ICC as "Clan" but in fact the Clan as a general rule have nothing to do with the Dust Brigade. Hopefully with the reformation of the Council of Truth the Sentinels AND the Dust Brigade will be defunct.
    -- Killchain

Hmm i know that i was one of omni there and i came there to just nuke on sight any clam that i see (and i know of at least one neut that i ganked becouse of using /assist and checking target later- so yep neuts did got cought in crossfire).
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

Originally posted by Killchain
    You were wrong. The city was gearing for an attack from the Dust Brigade, which is regarded by the ICC as "Clan" but in fact the Clan as a general rule have nothing to do with the Dust Brigade. Hopefully with the reformation of the Council of Truth the Sentinels AND the Dust Brigade will be defunct.
    Keep on dreaming. Like the sentinels and the dust brigade will all of a sudden stop with their attacks once the council is there. And besides you are the one who is wrong. Saying the terrorist attacks only are executed by these 2 clans is a lie. Many other clans have been performing terrorist attacks. In fact, these attacks seem to increase in frequency even.

Also last night in Borealis I was attacked by several clan terrorist unprevoked. As I wrote in another thread. It's time people open their eyes and see clan for what they really are. Any clan wearing a weapon is to be treated as a terrorist. It's time we take a stand and take care of this cancer once and for all in the only language they seem to understand.... By Force!
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

I think it´s time for Shadow Ops to run a check on their moles and informants. You think the Clans are dangerous? They are nothing when compared to Midia and the Brigade. Concentrate on removing those two threats, then you can go back to your ordinary ops.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

Yes, you are right that currently the greatest thread is to be found from them. However we strive to monitor all clan activity, since it is our goal to neutralise any threats before they get the time to grow into major incidents. Lately we are concerned about the growing number of aggressive incidents orginating from clans considered 'peaceful' by the general public. As we have reported earlier to Omni-Pol, it is time to take a firm stand against all clan terrorist activity.

Omni-Tek is your friend!

Whatever it was in Midia's plans, she at least succeeded instigating chaos in an otherwise pleaceful city, one of the last trading posts where members from different factions could put aside their differences. It is apparent that certain clan organizations do not wish to see a peaceful resolution to the conflict with Omni-Tek and do not wish to coexist with the corporation. It is also apparent that the ICC peace keepers do not have adequate training to do what is nescessary to keep the peace.
    This is Me, and this is Me PWNING a Heckler, WOOT!
    *all artwork is copyright protected originals by Mr.Fli

Originally posted by Cz
    And we all know Omni kick clan butts anytime.
    Freshman Jayne "Farmacist" Cifuentes

This just goes to show that Omni-Tek employees at large are suseptible to propaganda and misinformation. True employees like Xhairs know what truly happened there in Borealis, for he stood besides me, a Clanner, trying to organize and defend the city.

Your pitiful "destroy the clans" outburst only saddens and outrages me.

It's truly simple, really. We don't want to work for Omni-Tek. We just want to live on the planet. Is that so wrong?
    -- Killchain

Killchain pointed out

The city was gearing for an attack from the Dust Brigade, which is regarded by the ICC as "Clan" but in fact the Clan as a general rule have nothing to do with the Dust Brigade.

Dyna18 replied
    Saying the terrorist attacks only are executed by these 2 clans is a lie.
    Someone seems to be missing a major point here. That being that the Dust Brigade is not part of the clans, and has condemned the clans as much as they have condemned Omni-tek. You haven't been reading your history, have you?

Originally posted by Farmacist
    It is apparent that certain clan organizations do not wish to see a peaceful resolution to the conflict with Omni-Tek and do not wish to coexist with the corporation.
    It is further apparent that even more Omni organizations are opposed to peaceful resolution of the current situation.

Even the worst of the clan organizations don't run rampant in neutral cities killing the inhabitants. They might occasionally attack a lone traveller or attack neutral notum mining operations, but they leave our cities alone.

I find it ironic to think that Shadow Aszaszins have been dealt with rationally in an urban setting in the past, while Peace $ Love, Inc. have just shown themselves to be uncivilized terrorists, ganking neutrals in their own city.
    Last edited by Keldros; Jan 27th, 2004 at 00:03:45.