Thread: Instead of Defending Borealis, Hunt down Midia...

Instead of Defending Borealis, Hunt down Midia...

We all saw how defending Borealis went.
    The unity between all factions was powerful.

But when 300+ people who have limited allegiance to their organizations enter a territory in a 25% zone, there is almost always going to be mayhem. People will instigate things just to grief the opposing faction as soon as they get the chance.

Everything that happened badly yesterday, happened moreso because of Midia's meddling than a few people's decisions with defending Borealis. In my opinion, everything that could have been done properly, did happen to the utmost effeciency and was performed perfectly. Midia must be to blame.

Here is my suggestion.

Form multiple reconnaissance parties and search for Midia's stronghold. Then storm her gates and attack her on her own land. In chess, it may be good to play defensive at times. But it is also required that you be offensive as well if you want to ever see a checkmate.

She uses suicide bombers and brainwashed children. She uses tactics that no Rubi-Kan uses against eachother. This wicked creature must be brought to her knees! If she surrenders, we will gladly take her to a tribunal meeting and try her for her crimes. Justice is what I ask for! Think of the people, not of Clan this, Omni that!

If we must, we will enlist our Engineers to devise new methods to assault her corperation with. And plenty of Agents to stealthily seek out the location of her holding. As for the real or fake Dust Brigade, I wouldn't be too surprised if they are hiding in there with her. I also would not be very surprised if her fortress is in the middle of Medusa territory either.
    Xylathenus
    Clan Metaphysicist
    Director of Archetype

Hmm why hunt her? She made Bor 25%-thats a good thing.
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

And how do you come to that conclusion Seventshadow?
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

Eather she lowered the gas somehow or her attack made ICC to lower gas-doesnt matter from practical reasons.
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

seventshadow has made it clear that all he wants to do is shoot Clanners. He doesn't give a leet's patootie for the terrorist actions of Midia or her false Dust Brigade.

It's difficult to overlook such shortsightedness, but I'd like to encourage my fellow Clanners to remember that most Omni Personnel are with us on this one issue: Midia must be destroyed, permanently. The actions of a misguided few who can't see past their hatred shouldn't stop us from co-operating. Sadly, even the misguided will probably join us in the end, because if we don't stop Midia soon each and every one of us will permanently lose somebody we care about.
    Zhik

War is not its own end, except in some catastrophic slide into absolute damnation. It's peace that's wanted. Some better peace than the one you started with.
    Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Vor Game", 1990

54.76190476190476% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?

Well spoken, Zhik.
    The exact reason why Archetype is doing what we are doing.
    -- Killchain

Originally posted by Zhik
    seventshadow has made it clear that all he wants to do is shoot Clanners. He doesn't give a leet's patootie for the terrorist actions of Midia or her false Dust Brigade.

It's difficult to overlook such shortsightedness, but I'd like to encourage my fellow Clanners to remember that most Omni Personnel are with us on this one issue: Midia must be destroyed, permanently. The actions of a misguided few who can't see past their hatred shouldn't stop us from co-operating. Sadly, even the misguided will probably join us in the end, because if we don't stop Midia soon each and every one of us will permanently lose somebody we care about.

and thats why Borealis Grid and whompas were camped by tons of omnis shooting everybody

seventshadow, you do realis you are in support of a person that has spread a virus that is infecting Cland, Neutral and Omni personell? A Virus that has caused the permanent death of several persons and severe illness amongst thousands. She has also directed attacks against Omni-Tek personel and citys on several ocations. She has also been known to tamper with resurection logs, and has at several times been known to use Perma-Kill weapons. Not to mention bombs, missiles and what not.

So, are you still in support of her?

Well?
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...

Hey nobody perfect, and she might made some mistakes, but the end was good (aka said 25% gas in Bor).
    Hehe and im up for shooting at any clam-just the one that helps me shoot at other clam can be the last in line.

Sociopath with a streak of psychopathic tendencies. And then when you look beneath that shell you see that seventshadow realy don´t care at all. He just want´s to kill, period. Would not surprise me at all if he would turn against Omni employees if he had no other targets.
    Thou Shalt Kill."

Originally posted by Galician

and thats why Borealis Grid and whompas were camped by tons of omnis shooting everybody
    Don't forget they were camping the reclaim terminals in large groups.

(It took me the better part of an hour to get 30 meters from the reclaim terminals to the NW exit without being ganked by omni, and even then it only happened because an ARK warped me.)

Originally posted by Xhairs
    Sociopath with a streak of psychopathic tendencies.
    Like i said nobody perfect (hey and i have fun so...).

Originally posted by seventshadow

Like i said nobody perfect (hey and i have fun so...).
    ((And I have fun, so if it ruins everybody else's event, too bad? Are you sure that's the way you want to be seen?))
    Zhik

War is not its own end, except in some catastrophic slide into absolute damnation. It's peace that's wanted. Some better peace than the one you started with.
    Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Vor Game", 1990

54.76190476190476% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?

OOC
    Regardless of whatever im sociopath with streak of psychopathic tendencies or not IRL ^^ when we started to play AO we were told that we going to play a game in which we choose side and fight against other side.Not endlessly camp mobs with AI of tetris,not camp gas trying to do anything in insane lag , but choose a side according to what we think/believe/like/got by rollong dise, and fight for the victory of said side-and extermination of other side. Some want to make peace , some want to make sure that all your enimies die (extrimly painful death if possible) ,but in event in Bor at least we finally got to do what we wanted to do from a start -and yes while you came to game with idea of arresting terrorists and making peace, some came to the game with idea ok killing everybody that stands against them.
    So no , i wasnt ruining your event- i just played it according to the way that i see the game-while you played it according to the way you see it. Speaking in game terms, some omni want to make peace with with Counsell of Trouth-while other want to make sure that all clans die permadeath-whotever the are members of Dast brigade or peace-seaking clans.

(OOC: I was refering to your character seventshadow, not the real you. I do not know the real you, so i will not stand judge over the real you. Now that we have that out of the way..

We have a group, let´s call them Hardcore PvPers (HPvP for short) that come to this game with the intent to kill oponents every chance they get, much like yourself. Now, a HPvPer can easliy "enforce" his will upon the RP community if the supression gas is 25% or lower simply by starting up a fight. The RP community can in no way at all "enforce" their will without starting up a fight, and thus giving the HPvPer exactly what he wants.

In effect, the HPvPers took what was supposed to be an event for RP´ers and other alike, and turned it into a gankfeast. In 95% of the cases of some one ganking, i doubt the thougts "My character hates Clanners, this is why i´m doing this" went thourgh their head. More likely it was "Wow! Easy PvP titles!!" or something like that. (My excuses to those that actualy PvP´d for a RP reason.)

Admitably, FC should not have turned down the gas, but that is no excuse. No one was holding a gun to "your" head and forcing you to go there ganking. If you are so desperate for PvP action, there are several towerfights every day, with people able and ready to meet you over extended periods of time. No need to go ruin everyone elses fun. Speach over.)
    Thou Shalt Kill."

well i for one wud love to see borealis 75% gas. this wud eventually clear out those gankers u talk of as all they do is hangout in 100% gas then go into a little shop and group gank others coming in with flags.
    funcom make borealis 75% plx

Quote Originally Posted by torakx
    well i for one wud love to see borealis 75% gas. this wud eventually clear out those gankers u talk of as all they do is hangout in 100% gas then go into a little shop and group gank others coming in with flags.
    funcom make borealis 75% plx
    ((wow...talk about necromancy...

The gankers entioned here were when the gas was suddenly (without warning) lowered to 25%, so they're not around anymore. It would be nice to see something done about the shops though (like 100%gas in the shops)))