Thread: Clan Bar Review: "Enjoy it while it lasts"

Clan Bar Review: "Enjoy it while it lasts"

Clan Bar Review: "Enjoy it while it lasts"
    Omtron

Tir -- Omni-Tek Press Corps -- Reporter Omtron visits Tir's bar establishment "Enjoy it while it lasts," and discovers a shocking battle to the death custom there.

When I stroll through the clean breath-taking atmosphere of Omni-Entertainment, I know I can find much to do and see. In the center of town people gather to test their might in the Arena. While this may seem brutal and frightening to some people, we must realize that those who go there and fight do so of their own free will, knowing full well the danger they put themselves into. But what about those with no free will? What about those neglected people forced to live a dreadful life of deadly combat day in and day out?

That's exactly what I found in Tir, in a bar establishment called "Enjoy it while it lasts." The pink neon sign with two people engaged in battle didn't spark much in my imagination. It's typical that the brutal and savage clanners of Rubi-Ka do nothing but think of violence day in and day out. So why not put it on your business sign?

When I entered I moved right. There was what seemed to be a restroom there, nothing exciting. To the left was a small bar with one Atrox bartender that looked underpaid and really moody. But straight from the entrance is what shocked me.

As I entered the room I gazed at a glass cage surrounding two beautiful ladies. For some odd reason they were in a puddle of water about ankle high. They were also in the middle of battle. This really didn't bother me at first, I figured they were just doing some friendly Martial Arts for display.

That was until one of them fell dead.

She had been brutally killed for what was now apparant nothing more than sport. A few minutes later I watched in horror as yet another lovely young lady was brought in and she began to fight the previous victor over the dead body of the recently deceased.

In anger I stormed out of the bar and straight to Athens around the mission terminals area. Where, apparently, this seems to be really the only place you can find a decent group of Clanners to talk to. I questioned them outright:

Omtron: Why do you Clanners find it amusing to put people to death for sport in your nightclubs?
    Eray: Death is not permanent!
    Faidra: It's entertaining.

Death is not permanent? It's entertaining? This is it? No sympathy, no compassion - in typical Clanner style they were cold as Winter. I couldn't convince any Clanners of how wrong it was to force people into battle against their will in a glass cage with no escape. No freedom.

If you know someone who, like these poor innocent women, has no freedom. Please have them visit any local Omni-Tek recruiting station. Or, help them purchase an Omni-Tek application form at a local vendor shop. Everyone has the right to freedom, and through Omni-Tek we can all enjoy true freedom.

Oh, how typical of OT Press Corps drones to make assumptions.

The reporter did not speak with the fighters, thus is uninformed about their jobs.

"Enjoy it while it lasts" doesn't refer to death...it refers to the gambing that takes place in that establishment.

Those two lovely ladies are hired to fight until one falls, then the fallen one is reclaimed elsewhere, healed and gridded back for a new fight against her opponent.

They are paid to fight, and the glass is placed so that nobody interferes to change the outcome of the fight.

Patrons usually gamble among eachother, and it is one of the reasons clanners frecuent the club.

The owners found a source of entertainment to bring in customers, who while they watch the fight get drinks and make the place profitable.

The ladies work on shifts, and there are several ladies on staff, however to avoid confusion among patrons, outfits worn by the ladies are the same for each duo and their name is changed on their NCU's to have the same as the girl on the previous shift.

Everyone knows the names of the fighters, and a high percentage of patrons gamble on the fights.

Eray was right, death is not permanent. And Faidra's statement was also corrent, it's entertaining because in the end all fighters go home at the end of their shift with credits. Maybe it's not the best living, but then we don't have to answer to no Director's or have to worry about saying the wrong thing and be scared of Omni-Pol or worse....Omni-InternOps knocking (or breaking down) the door.

You are not a clanner, you understand little of the hardships we have endured, you're used to the comforts of Omni-1 and it's districts.

During one of their breaks at the bar inside the establishment I showed your report to two of the girls. They laughed, and even shared with me that they're roomates, and that what happens in the 'glass ring' as they call it, is nothing but business and outside of it they are the best of friends.

How nice to have an omni write a review of a place in which he probably stayed no more than five minutes...then ran out 'outraged' making judgements without knowing all the facts.

I think it is typical for a corporate drone to assume such negative view based on all the lies and deception he has been feed about the clans during all time of service to Omni-Tek.

I remember a few fights in Baboons between Omni-Pol and employees who were 'arrested' without cause or explanations a few years back, why don't you review that?

Until then, I suggest you stick to reviewing places you actually know Mr. Omtron.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Mr. Wagner has a point here. The women in that establishment are, or at least were, doing that of their own free will. It´s work. Not very well paid, but it Credits in the account.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

Originally posted by Windguaerd

"Enjoy it while it lasts" doesn't refer to death...it refers to the gambing that takes place in that establishment.
    Oh, and gambling is a healthy thing to do also, from your view at least.

Spare me this moralizing crap!
    Omni's talking about sympathy and compassion should go to Newland City and use a Clan Recruitment Form to get a first-hand experience of what Omni "Sympathy and Compassion" is really about. Preferably they should stand close to entrance to Neuters-R-Us so that they wont have to wait so long for their "tutors" to come along. The tutors are skilled and experienced omni personell, which is more then I can say about this so-called "reporter".

This great sport is brought to us by enterprizing businessmen and women using the very latest in cloning and reclaiming technology. The ladies are highly skilled athletes that recieve good pay for their performance which so many of us enjoy. When using reclaim techniques it is actually better for the ladies to fight until death then to stop when one or both of them are badly injured, perhaps leading to life-long traumas. Instead the performers can go back into their normal life enjoying a newly re-created body without any ill effects after only a short period of rest.
    Many times I have come there, depressed by financial troubles, traumas and wounds inflicted by monsters and OT "employees" attacking us from every corner. Some times I have spent days there, other times only a short visit has been sufficient to bring back my zest for life and belief in our bright future here on Rubi-Ka. The gambling and other activites there help to forge bonds between the adult clan citizens and to relieve people by stress caused constantly fighting for their lives.

It is my belief that the "reporter" entered when noone was there which was very lucky since I'm sure that the activities there are much too adult for him which would undoubtedly gotten him into trouble with his parents. Do they really allow him to travel this far away after dark?
    If however, he do want to persue the more adult activities of life I can point him into his own back-yard. Rompah Bar and the surrounding neighbourhood are infamous even among clanners for providing such situations.

- Kaghelion, clan businessman that has enjoyed "Enjoy it while it lasts" since 29476.
    May your RD always kick in between death and reclaim.
    Honest Businessmen and women: The Mockers
    I eat Grid Armor nanos. *BURP* Hungry again!
    Power Users run Anarchy Online from Linux.

You are not a clanner, you understand little of the hardships we have endured, you're used to the comforts of Omni-1 and it's districts.
    Oh please! Maybe your great, great grandfather suffered hardships, but the clans these days are as rich if not richer and fashion conscious as us Southeners. Heck, if I want to see all the top range yalms and latest fashions, West Athen is the place to go, not Rome!

I remember a few fights in Baboons between Omni-Pol and employees who were 'arrested' without cause or explanations a few years back, why don't you review that?

Maybe, and this is just a guess, its becasue he is a newman and the events you mention happened two years ago?

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

I remember back when I was in CAS we were thinking about purchasing that place. We ran parties there on the weekends. We had bets on the girls fighting, and dance contests. It was awesome

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

I see nothing wrong with two lovely bisexual women fighting to the death over me.
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat