Thread: Rimor CoT

Rimor CoT

We, the people of the Clans......

(fill in the blanks)

It is time for us to begin to describe how we would like our government to look. We need to list what is important to us, how we want to be let. To establish checks and ballances to make sure we don't do anything foolish. To build ourselves as the delightful democracy we need to be.

How do we go about doing this? Good question. At some time, we'll need some type of constitution. But before we do that, we must gather what is important, and list it.

What I, personally want, isn't really what is important, but I'll throw in my 2 credits worth just to get the ball rolling.

CoT Membership:
    I feel that each clan needs to be represented. A large clan has massive amounts of land control, and usually a military group to defend it and has much power because of that.

A small clan, still needs to have its voice heard, though.

So a large clan gets power from land control, and a voice in Cot. A small clan only has a voice.

So, in my opinion, the 1 vote per clan, is the way we should do it. Each clan has a representive, and a backup representive, but one voice.

CoT Leadership:
    For now, I believe Radiman will function as figurehead, but we need to build a way to establish leadership, in the future.

CoT Treaties:
    We need to find out who is responsible for potential treaties with Omni-Tek or other groups. Does the Council do that? Or is there a seperate group?

CoT Defense:
    Does the CoT need to have it's own military?

These are just a few things to be considered. I look forward to constructive comments!
    Last edited by Redstalker; Jan 24th, 2004 at 23:25:54.
    Advisor--- Veritas
    Fixer
    Clan
    Indigenous Citizen of Rubi-ka

I have given my personal advice before in my Visions of Rubi-Ka column.

Radiman of course should be asked if he wants to be leader or spokesperson for the Council of Truth. I don't believe he does. He might accept an official advisory position if we are fortunate enough.

As I told an Omni-Tek leader at a battle with Midia, first we must survive if we are to try and carry out our ambitions for Rubi-Ka. The Clans face that more profoundly.

• Tir is not in Clan control, but instead under the control of an extremist despot.
    • The largest military power on Rubi-Ka does not recognize our right to even live, let alone anything else.
    • Our main city is un-united. Pollution abounds outside its east gate. its defenses leave it open and vulnerable.
    • We have no united military defense forces should we need to protect ourselves we have to rely on the large Clans which remain silent to the general clan populace.

We need a "Council of Freedom" to protect the Clans first. If we are not free, then we can not seek the truth. The Council of Freedom will provide us with security, which can they be used to establish a Council of Truth free from extortion and too much influence by individual clans.

After some thought I have a proposal for this Council of Freedom now. If they are open to it, I propose that the larger military Clans who have defended us in the past continue in the future by being a small "Council of Freedom". A smaller group will be free from too much bureaucratic entanglement and react to threats quicker. By including the most powerful groups, they are not easily threatened or blackmailed. I call on Clans Eco Warriors, Knights, New Dawn, Sentinels and the Unionists (if they still exist).

They must however agree to at least two things:

1st that Tir is the Capitol of the Clans and as such belongs to no individual Clan but to all. It should be protected by all members of the Council of Freedom.

2nd they must recognize the Council of Truth as the legitimate legislative government of the Clans. They must agree not to oppose the will of the united clans, even if they don't agree with it and can't support every decision.

The Council of Freedom will handle military matters.

The Council of Truth will create legislation and negotiate all treaties.

What say do you say, all of us who are the Clans?
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

My organization and I unanimously support your thoughts, Sallust.
    -- Killchain

My Clan Brothers and Sisters,

I do not speak as a member of a guild to you today. I do not lead; today I do not follow, but stand at your side as always. In the coming days and weeks there will be many with far more wisdom and knowledge that will tell you what must be done as we continue to fight for our Freedom. I speak as myself and from my heart!

As we all fight and die for our freedom, so must we all be recognized! Where there is one of us, let their voice be heard, fore our voices united together will never be silenced. To this end I believe we must have Representative Government. Do not base our leaders on the numbers of their Guilds; do not continue to let the many who have so little to remain in the shadows. For centuries, ALL of our families have fought. All of our families need a voice.

I ask you and pray to the Gods of the Redeemed that establish a Representative Government, based on regional representation! And in these regions, districts are set up. And in each district we elect OUR Representative to OUR Council of Truth. In this way we hear the voice of each of OUR Brothers and Sisters. Then we let our Council of Truth elect OUR Leader. And OUR Council of Truth can handle military affairs as they see fit, in OUR names!

I just know someone is going to shout me down for this, but here goes...

In the new Council of Truth, why don't we allow for groups outside the clans to sit in non-voting, advisory positions, as well? Invite representatives from amongst the Redeemed, the neutrals, ICC, and even Omni-Tek and the Unredeemed. We should allow for all parties with a stake in Rubi-Ka's future a voice on this council and a chance to see what we're working towards, instead of hiding it behind secret meetings. Why should anyone wish to hide the truth, or indeeed, wish to stifle the viewpoints of outside parties that might hold some truth of their own?

{Trolling removed by moderator.}
    Last edited by Cz; Jan 28th, 2004 at 13:53:46.
    God told me to make a chicken salad sandwich for lunch, and I did, and all rejoiced

Trader Exam MKII Passed
    My Stuff

Remember kids, Omlets are best when fried and served with a side xp%

{Response to trolling removed by moderator.}
    Last edited by Cz; Jan 28th, 2004 at 13:54:04.

For what it´s worth, i´m always available for consultion into Omni matters that are not classified secrets.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

i think before the CoT throws open its doors to neutral and Omni spectators it will need to get its house in Order.

let those who are working on it hold its first meetings and agree on the first steps to take, bring a new hope of peace and solidarity to the clans.

Then i feel we would be ready to meet with OT and Neutral representatives to discuss how all 3 factions can move forward together.
    Sonny "Ramid" Bichrest

President Vox Populi
    Guild website
    http://www.bbfun.com/index.php?mforum=vox

Originally posted by Ramid
    i think before the CoT throws open its doors to neutral and Omni spectators it will need to get its house in Order.

let those who are working on it hold its first meetings and agree on the first steps to take, bring a new hope of peace and solidarity to the clans.

Then i feel we would be ready to meet with OT and Neutral representatives to discuss how all 3 factions can move forward together.
    Who ARE the people working on this and WHERE are they? All Clan MUST be included.

Clans and Omni working together? Perhaps...but what is found in the Shadowlands is so much more. The thought of the Chosen and the Faithful working for a future of the land they truly do not care for? All that truly matters is the Shadowlands and the power held within. Let this council form...but until the Redeemed support you in that path, it shall mean nothing...
    Adam "Phantom" Preston - 220/26/53 Meta-Physicist

Serugiusu: By order of I, Bahirae Serugiusu. CEO of Omni-Tek's operations on Rubi-Ka. I hereby transfer you, Mr. Preston to Omni-Meta. Effective Immediately.

I admire your idealism guys, I really do. But you seem to forget one simple fact: we are still at war! This may not be an all-out open war, but mining operations, both Clan and OT-owned are being attacked and destroyed on a daily basis by members of the opposing factions. And wars are fought by strong, military types! First we need all Omni-Tek departments to acknowledge the Clan independence and rights to their share of the notum and a stable cease fire. Then we can talk about how we want to run our people and cities.
    Let's not forget that the first Council of Truth failed because a certain Philip Ross decided that Henri Radiman and other Council members were all terrorists and he issued a warrant for their arrest. Will they do that again if Clans decide something they don't like? Omni-Tek should agree to Clan's independence from OT and agree that they have no authority over Clan terrority and Clan people.
    In my humble opinion, if it wasn't for people like Simon Silverstone and his Sentinels, Tir would be an OT city and we'd all be in Omni Reform by now. He saved us and our capitol when the CoT failed and the so-called Clan "leaders" fled or were arrested like common criminals.
    My views are purely my own though, and do not represent those of Genesis as a whole.

Originally posted by Keery
    He saved us and our capitol when the CoT failed and the so-called Clan "leaders" fled or were arrested like common criminals.
    He also gave the order to open fire on anyone that is nto a Clan member, and even on some who were because they do not agree with him.

Ask yourself this Keery, did the Omni employees that visited Tir during the time of the ICC guards cause any damage to the city or it´s inhabitants? Apart from some nuts taking advantage of the Arena, but you and me both knows that this was going on long before the Council disolved, and is still happening even with Silverstone in command of Tir.

I think the open city of Tir was an important leason for many Omni employees. Those that walked the streets during those days often learned that the Clans are not as some Omni propaganda personel are making them out to be, and i have talked to several that want to go back for another visit.

I have tried, and continue to try, to get Omni-Pol and Omni-AF to set down security for a few days. Let Clanners come see how we Omni employees live and work.
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...

Originally posted by Xhairs
    Ask yourself this Keery, did the Omni employees that visited Tir during the time of the ICC guards cause any damage to the city or it´s inhabitants?
    Plenty actually. ICC guards were under constant attack so that OT harassment squads could pass through. Tir merchants were constantly attacked by OT lynchmen.

Though the question I have to ask my fellow Clanners is why we prefer the forces of Simon Silverstone to impose a police state and attack neutrals and harass merchants (just ask Genghis Pan who has much personal experience with Simon himself)).

Tir shoudl once again be the seat of Clan democratic government. Where Clanners, Neutrals, and invited Omnis can walk in peace.

So remind me again, what exactly is the evidence that Omni-Tek has to bring against the old Council of Truth?
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

As a loyar member of OT corporaton, let me explain the way i see the new council and the idea of OT members having part in it.

The new council represents, just like the old one did, group of outlaw criminals ( aka clans), that in the future will be brought into the court of corporate law with the charges of terrorism, rebel, and crimes against OT property. As a such, i deny them having any right to represent themselfs, and see the new council as no other than a union of criminal leaders that will be arrested in the near future. All neutral groups that will chose to support it will be accused in terrorists assistance and treated as terrorists themselfs. Any OT employer that will choose to side himself with terrorists will be accused in violations of corporate law.

As for our Unredeemed allyes, im sure that they see the council in the same light that we do and will assist OT corporation to end council's terrorist activity as soon as possible, just OT corporation sees the Redeemed as a treat on the knows univerce and will help Unredeemed to end the existance of Redeemed lunatics as soon as possible.
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

I would try to persuade you otherwise Seventshadow, but i have seen a few examples of your thinking, and i won´t waste my time.

It is enough to say that you are wrong, as has been shown by the fact that Omni-Admin and Phillip Ross negotiated and signed the Tir Accord. Not something that would be done with criminals and terrorists.
    Thou Shalt Kill."