Thread: Inhabitant run transport systems and mobile shop

Question Inhabitant run transport systems and mobile shop

Hiya all,
    Onestbob here, your friendly trader trying out a bit of market research (so please take the time to answer).

1. If I was to set up a mobile shop at some prime hunting locations with items such a Nano, First Aid and treatment packs available alongside ammo for most weapon types would you be willing to pay a slightly higher cost to not have to get back to a shop to stock up. Items will be available at all quality lvls. What would be the most popular hunting grounds that are a decent distance from shops be?
    2. I have plans to implement an independent transport system for Rubi-Ka. The system will be based on using Warp Beacon from places such a Tir Grid to TLR dung entrance and would run on a regular basis. Cost would depend on the distance covered (in theory any place to any place is possible), however from Tir Grid to TLR would be 5k each way for example.

Dependent on the level of interest I will approach my business manager at the Royal Bank of RubiKa for a loan to set up these business opportunities and confirm with my Engineer associates that the plan is valid.

Once again thank you for helping with this research.

Onestbob – Independent trader

Don't know what level your at, or what would be concidered profitable to you.

A great place to provide such a service as a trader would be to set up shop the popular Lush hills hunting grounds.

It is a great deal of travel for anyone without a yalm to get back to shops. As well as the bounty of monster parts you could convert. Most folks would be more than happy to give away half thier parts in exchange for having them converted to plasma.

Also if you offer to carry thier loot back to the shops, sell it for them(keeping a percentage), and return with the cash you would likely do very well. Most of the time they have so much loot that they give up picking the mobs clean.

Wow, both ideas are very inventive and well thought out boomer

I remember lots of times as a tank that ive gone all out for several levels more than i intended and run out of health packs

If there was a trader at hunting grounds, im sure you'd get business...and for a profit i dont think anyone would mind lvl 30+ since most people have credits to spare at those levels onwards

The transport is a stunning idea too. Andromeda should be linked to by the wompa or grid network seeing as its home to the ICC HQ, although i think FC are changing the networks in the next patch, so you might wanna hang on and see if they improve on its current network.....

But they really are adventerous ideas, i wish u the best of luck with them, its a shame FC doesnt try to instigate and help more people like you Boomer
    If ya can get away with it, try it.
    If ya cant get away with it, try it anyway }:-)

It's a matter of trust

In the end, it's a matter of trust. How can player A trust Trader A to buy/sell items at a reasonable price? If player A hands over some good loot to Trader A, how will Player A know that Trader A is only taking a certain percentage (say 20%) or a larger percentage (70%)? In sellling ammo/med kits/nano kits, I find it rare that people would venture out on a mission or hunting without stocking themselves up (when I say stocking I mean like 2000+ of bullet/shotgun/energy ammo and 200+ med/nano kits).

In the end I just don't see how this could be profitable. Convient maybe, but not profitable.

Now if you want to talk about profitable, Wrangles near PvP zones are pretty good and so are UVC (until they make them self only).

Actually here's a side note. With Bulk Trader and Frequent Customer, it is possible to buy ammo/kits cheaper than normal (normal is with 0 comp lit) and then sell it for the "normal" price you would get from a terminal.

Exclamation

Onestbob here,
    Thanks for the feedback gents, Ill pop back in a few days and see if anyone else is interested and then decide if it is worth investing in the ideas.

Remember - need a job doing call Onestbob first.

Wink Grats

Thanks to all who replied to this market research, unfortunately it would appear that setting up the shops and travel system are not worth it at the moment.

Onestbob.

ooc: As a lowly lvl 12 Clan Trader I will revisit the mobile shop idea once I have piled on some lvls, however as I am playing this char total RP then this may be a while. Now to address some of the points raised:

Thehardway, I am not that bothered about making a massive profit the whole exercise was more of a RPing thing to meet more people and actually try and be a trader. I will consider the mob parts idea once I can process the higher lvl bits as to not rip my potential clients of by reducing the qlty of bits hence price.

Lev, What can I say for someone who is into the whole social side of the game thanks for bothering to put you opinions down. I understand that these are very adventurous ideas and would take a fair amount of work to set up, but then again if you don’t try .....

Rongan, The whole idea of being an honest trader (hence the name) is to provide a service to ppl that they can trust. After all I will never expand the business unless I have a good rep, word of mouth is the best advertising after all.

/ooc:

Remember chaps if you need a trusty trader give Onestbob a call.