Thread: Can't We Just Have a K-Mart?

Can't We Just Have a K-Mart?

So, I've been back in the game for a about a week and I have a very important question.

When did stores become completely useless? I remember when i was playing before I could, at a whim, decide I wanted a new suit of armor for my character and then just go out and buy it. It might take an hour or two of running between Omn E, Omni T, and Rome, but I could do it. When i got back into the game I contacted an old friend and he dropped a ton of money on me (only fair, i gave it to him when i quit) but he didn't have any equipment for me. I said that wasn't a problem, I'd just go buy some armor (I'm a Doc so i don't need weapons) and I'll just roll out. Piece of cake.

Wrong.

As a 42 level doctor I am incapable of making a full suit of any armor. I'm probably put 5 hours into this endeavor, btween shops and the shopping channels and have accomlished exactly zero. I'm currently buying every piece of Omni, Cyber, Bau, Basic Tech, and Forest armor I can find. I'm working on 5 suits of armor just to try and get one!

Is this normal now? Does everyone have this problem or is it just me? The stores almost always have the same thing (not just each store stocks the same thing but all the stores basically do). Has anyone else noticed this?

I'd like to play the game but the character is practically naked. And the fact that I'm really anal won't allow me to parade around in unmatched armor (that part is completely my fault)
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

You have to remember that the inventory in shops randomizes.

So it is quite probable at the time it took you that short amount of time to acquire those pieces of armor, the stores randomized in a way that you were able to get all the pieces. And the other time it took you 5 hours, well..the store didn't randomize in your favor.

I totally agree with you Thugdoom.

I started a new agent about 2 weeks ago, so I've been running around trying to find some Steel Ribbed armor for him.

Problem is that I can't find some parts around the QL I need.
    I've had no luck in the shopping channels either.

Now this really sucks, cause I really want a full set of Steel Ribbed. I hope that they will fix shops,
    so that they have a larger selection of armor, and maybe at a little cheaper prices.
    Rippler - Legend

I deliver full suits on request. It will take me a few days but i'll deliver. Downside is the pricecard of 1 mill for a ql 64
    just /tell baloonhead if you're interested.

(Up till now i only delivered recruit-issue omni-pol armor, but i can change to others if ya like)

Fun Vacuum...

I agree 100% with the original poster. It is a real drag going from store to store for hours looking for that one piece of equiptement you need. I end up spending $1000's extra per a set of implants buying clusters over the quality I need just to save myself the time and hassle. There must be a better way to stock the shops!!!!! If this is shopping in the future count me out...

Also, am I just confusing myself or is this real:

I could have sworn that prior to the last patch the following was true...

In most OMNI shops in the Trade Skills section you have 6 cluster terminals, two of each kind. The two shiny/bright/faded machines have 2 different sets of random quality clusters so if it wasn't in one terminal you could check the other. Now, after 14.0, the two shiny/bright/faded machines have exactly the same inventory.

I am pretty sure I remeber them stocking with different qualities prior to the last patch. Is this real or is my mind playing tricks on me?

I tried to piece together a complete set of Raven for weeks (after finally getting a complete Heated Plasteel, only to realize that it was by then way below my level ), but eventually gave up and just bought a trenchcoat to cover the unsightly unmatched pieces.

Crosspost

I created a new thread regarding this issue in the Game Mechanics board in the hopes that someone will pickup on the issue and improve the shopping in game. If you like bump it with your thougts and ideas. Heck, just bump it...

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...965#post423174

Talking

A K-Mart will work good for me, but please, for the love of God, NO ROSIE O'DONNELL COMMERCIALS!!!!!

If you have those, i quit, you can have my account back.
    {Beyond the Drunken Master, is the Plastered Master} Lilasiandude 216 MA
    Proud Member of Storm, and the Betty Ford Clinic

-Sllammer 216 enf. - Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Click!

BE STORM

I've got a feeling...

... that in the hyper violent constant struggle envirnment of Anarchy Online there aren't a whole lot of preechy, anti-gun, hyper liberals. I imagine they were introduced to a bug Atrox Enforcer named Brutus a long time ago...
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

I didn't know anyone actually bought armor from a shop. It's so expensive and in a week or two its obsolete.
    Why not do like me and get it from missions? If you want higher QL just take a friend.

Sounds like in the time you all buy full suits from stores you could get most of it from missions
    Xebon
    Level 60 Martial Artist
    Omni-Tek
    Rubi Ka 1

Really, missions are how it is done higher up, for everything. However I buy most of my armor. I find it a good idea to buy the stuff I can't find. I don't mission terminal camp, but lately i've been finding pretty much everything I need, Omni-Pol/Elite. Its getting quite easy. However I can easily buy something instead of flying out to a mission, sometimes.
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

Hehe look some guy is trying to start a Kmart on rk2

http://www.geocities.com/aoitems/rk2.html

As web sites go they don't come much worse then that either. Someone take him out back and beat him.

That's looks like the beginnings of the next Blacksnow

I posted this on the Game mechanics section too...

Originally posted by me

This might sound over-simple, but would be a real God-send for all of us.
    Why not allow a player to approach a Armor Shop, enter a QL and Hey Presto! all (Conventional) Armors are available to buy (of that QL).
    same with weapons - but not all weapons, we should have some weapons mission only (like some summons are mission only).

Some may say: But this will rend the Armor trade-skills useless, ha ha, what makes you think they aren't already

It would work...but am I over-simplifying the problem?

-----------------------------

This sound fair?
    I must warn you that I fight very dirty, I spit and fart and soil myself

Me

"Sings we a dances of Wolves
    Who smells fear and slays the coward

Sings we a dances of Mans
    Who smells Gold and slays his brother"

Forget K-Mart, why can't we just have mail order? Today I can pick up the phone or go online and have most anything I want delivered to my house, possibly in as little as a day or two. So why in many thousand years are we stuck back with a 19th century (and I'm being generous there) economic system? We should be able to place an order and have the item appear in our bank in a day or two, if not instantly!

Scorus

Originally posted by Scorus
    Forget K-Mart, why can't we just have mail order? Today I can pick up the phone or go online and have most anything I want delivered to my house, possibly in as little as a day or two. So why in many thousand years are we stuck back with a 19th century (and I'm being generous there) economic system? We should be able to place an order and have the item appear in our bank in a day or two, if not instantly!

Scorus
    Sounds good.
    I must warn you that I fight very dirty, I spit and fart and soil myself

Me

"Sings we a dances of Wolves
    Who smells fear and slays the coward

Sings we a dances of Mans
    Who smells Gold and slays his brother"

I like that... Poof...It's in the bank. That would be good.

http://www.geocities.com/aoitems/rk2.html

"temporar
    ily out of
    order.

check
    back
    soon"

ROFL, I got a question though. Can we assume that he is trying to tell us his account was temporairily suspended but in fewer words

This guy makes funny sites.
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club