Thread: The professions - A balance chart/Scoring system

The professions - A balance chart/Scoring system

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=22744

Link to my In progress topic about the balance chart.

Is this taking into account power curves each class gets, or the upper crust only?
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

It's really only another NT whine, but in a new direction, the calculation doesn't show at all how it really is ingame.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

It takes into account all the weapons/nanos that are given to a prof through the game and is admittedly far from 100% accurate, as i said if you read it is a very general basis for showing what the strong points of each class are based on their game design and excluding player tweaking as in picking up dark blue shotties, etc. And Azz, how about a warm cup of shut the **** up unless you feel like trying something remotely productive then don't talk. If you wanna flame at least do it properly because that was weaker than children's tylenol.

Originally posted by Whaambulance
    It takes into account all the weapons/nanos that are given to a prof through the game and is admittedly far from 100% accurate, as i said if you read it is a very general basis for showing what the strong points of each class are based on their game design and excluding player tweaking as in picking up dark blue shotties, etc. And Azz, how about a warm cup of shut the **** up unless you feel like trying something remotely productive then don't talk. If you wanna flame at least do it properly because that was weaker than children's tylenol.
    I didn't flame, I just said how it was, and I posted about it in the real thread why I thought so.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

I gotta agree with Azz on this one...you lose alot of credibility with that range crap in your signature.
    This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell, if there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it

Pure Mantra - I'm a runner, and damn proud of it.

Range cap? So now you're saying I'm losing credibility for an opinion? I've actually never heard someone say that and I'm not being sarcastic.

What I mean by Fix is perhaps implement range as an actual issue in the game, as it is everyone except melee classes play at 40m because of scopes and predictors. The point is, even shotguns are at capped range. I'm implying that if they found a way to go a bit past 40m or even lower the general range of things and take range increase off scopes, then we might see something like those godlike shotguns only being good at close (8-10m) range, maybe like a REAL shotgun. You try to shoot someone with a 12-gauge at 40m and see what happens. In my -opinion- agents(snipers) and nano techs(as it says by funcom) should have superior range, followed by soldiers then the other classes. I know the engine doesn't easily permit 40m+ because of mob pathing and aggro, I'm implying they should look into a way to fix that so we could broaden the playing field. So please stop telling me I lose credibility for an opinion on something, that's not exactally fair.

You lose crediblity to me, cause I think that's a stupid opinion and I dont agree with you. Of course you're allowed to have that opinion but in my eyes it makes you lose credibility, I dont see whats weird with that.

Just as a side note: Soldiers that use Nova Flows cant get 40m range. We get close, but we dont get 40m, so its still possible for NT's to root, nuke, root, nuke without even being hit by us. Increasing range will just make this even easier to accomplish, that's why I dont think that's a good idea.

Hope that clarifies it...
    This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell, if there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it

Pure Mantra - I'm a runner, and damn proud of it.

Personally, balance is a bad idea. I'd say each profession have it's own unique worthwhile abilities, so that one group isn't gimped if they're missing one profession. And change missions on a profession basis.

The only way to balance everything is give everyone the same skills, weapons and nanos. Blah.

By the balance chart, is it the sum of PvP balance, PvM balance or both?

Like I said... certain classes have certain curves and trends...

To lump it all together(all nanos, weapons and level ranges) is misleading.

I don't think that Traders are overpowered. They're just right.

Most other classes aren't. I few changes, such as nano resist would have a domino effect, meaning that Enforcers would own Traders and NTs. I can live with that.

Admitedly, things are mucked up. However, the cure can be worse then the cancer.
    Last edited by Obergeist; Apr 30th, 2002 at 00:35:12.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm