Thread: Who To Be?

Question Who To Be?

Ok, I right now have 5 class to pick from. And I just can't make up my damn mind. Anyway here we go.

A) Enfocer (Already started lv 34)
    B) Soldier (Already started lv 41)
    C) Meta
    D) Eng
    E) MA

This is only my second week, so I don't really know which class is good for what or how good can they be at higher lv, so help me out. I really want high damager, I don't do pvp, I just like pvm and lv up. People tell me that enfocer damage the most, but than actually it seem the lowest at the moment cuz even with my beam it seem... slow and weak. My soldier, I can switch high power gun, burst over 500 and fling 150+, and my novaflow does like 50-90. When I team with other people, MA ALWAYS seem to out damage me no matter what, and they hit fast. Meta and Eng can have really high QL bots/pets when they twink, so a lv 30 can end up with a lv 50+ bots/pets which happen to own everything at their lv (not to mention those bastards can make a hunt marco, and get to sit back while pet gain xp for you).

So would any expects tell me which class has the best damage, and good for PvM?

Thanks in advance.
    Money is everything.

The eternal question of "what is best"

I'll go with the standard answer... there is no best.

All classes have strengths and weaknesses.

I have played most classes, but most of them not very far.

My main character is a NT. NT's are good for teaming but not the best choice for solo hunting.

My personal favorite so far for solo hunting is MP.
    However, pet classes have difficulties with pet pathing indoors, so there's a tradeoff there too.

My best advice is to try them all out.

Also visit the profession specific forums here on this board.
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

As was said before it depends.
    For instance depending on profession you will peak out differently.
    Pet (Eng, MP) classes reach the max power at about 130 and it is really downhill from there. Soldiers start to become very powerfull from about 130 on. MA is a king up to about 82 before the skill cap, I dont know about further.
    Others who know more should add or correct me.
    http://www.anarchy-online.com/charac.../1/name/jobone

Yup, youre very correct Hard_boiled.

High level soldiers = pain, and lots of it.

Damage output is huge, but they have no way to heal so you can get into a sticky situation.

MA's still do good damage, and have great evades, and can heal, so we make a good player at higher lvl's. And with 14.2 coming up, the crit% increase buffs will be self only, so our damage output will be that much better over other ppl's.

Enforcers. - they some bad mutha's at all lvl's.

pet classes? - 'eh, the pets look cool.

Traders - uber through and through. And at high lvl's they got all kinds of crazy nano's to back them up. Definatly one to look at.(they are more expensive and not as straight foreward as the firs 3)

thats just a few notes from me.
    {Beyond the Drunken Master, is the Plastered Master} Lilasiandude 216 MA
    Proud Member of Storm, and the Betty Ford Clinic

-Sllammer 216 enf. - Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Click!

BE STORM