Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LLTS and Melees

and I thought the real whiners were the agents and NTs....

just bumping your comments Tind!

AND QUIT WHINING ABOUT TRADERS BEING ÜBER - GO CREATE A THREAD ABOUT IT - traders are the ultimate PvP class atm - everybody else is getting killed by traders, so stop whining and go make a trader!

If not, go PvP with the tools given to you by FC.....

It's no chance that LLTS add metres to range, I use a ql116 on my MA and I do get a arange increase, but it's not much.

If a melee user hit you from far it's lag and the server and client aren't synced so server think he is close and you see him as far away.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Issue here is that you people think it's unfair that melee people can use movement predictors and LLTS to increase range.

While I agree that even 30,000 years in the future no simple device should be able to increase the range of a weapon, consider this:

• Ranged weapons have more range (duh!) than melee weapons
    • Ranged weapons have (for the most part) more average damage then a melee weapon
    • Ranged weapons are available with far larger crits than melee weapons

I have no problem with decreasing meleers range to a strict 3m, however, make my weapon proportionally more damaging, so that when I actually DO hit you, it actually hurts.

Don't just say "It's unfair they can use that device, it doesn't make sense", think of the greater balance issues that I'm guessing FC considered when deciding the pros and cons of throwing a -600 init LLTS in.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Ranged weapons have (for the most part) more average damage then a melee weapon
    Thats funny, I will fight a trader that has a gun with 10-110 damage or so and an enforcer who does 50-500. They use the same QL weapons approximately and they are the same level.

BloodHawk..I wonder, do you know much about this game? Traders with 10-110 dmg guns also crit almost every shot, and they crit for 40% of your hp most of the time, giving them 3 shot kills...so the enforcer does 500 dmg and the trader does 1000...tell me how a business profession repeatedly owns professional killers (soldiers/enforcers) in 1 on 1 pvp.

with a rifle a sniper can in RL instakill someone from 800+ meters...

I think you watch to many movies....

Bulet will lose its speed while traveling that distance and there is also wind and even it hit the target doubt it will have enough power to break the skull bone or or go trhough ribs.

No one even trying to kill someone from that distance 500 meeters is max.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Well thats more then 40

Indeed, LLTS etc etc, nano range etc, it's all %.

3m + 45% QL200 LLTS + 50% QL200 movement = nearly 6m

Gun 20m+ would get the 40m range.

Seems okay to me.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Originally posted by Julia Pomka

Bulet will lose its speed while traveling that distance and there is also wind and even it hit the target doubt it will have enough power to break the skull bone or or go trhough ribs.

Well i dont watch tv very often, but my i know lots of ppl who are in the army, and one of em happens to be a very good sniper who got several awards and stuff... and he can hit small things (like a head) from 800 meters (ok 800+ is maybe exagerrated)

But i know the English Army got Anti-sniper-rifles that kill you from 1200ish meters... Of course only if there is a line of sight...

of topic anyways
    soldier Punkbum
    trader Punkbumm

Originally posted by Ouzzelle
    the range increase on LLTSs does stack with movement predicters...

I AGREEEEEEEE, it is BULLSH!T..... but i doon't blame the melee classes for usig them. i'd do it to.

(LLTS + Movement Predictor works great!! i've got a 148 LLTS + a 124 Movement Predictor, giving my ADVs Flashpoint full 40meters +11% Crit Increase)
    FYI - Those range increases are in % not Meters.

As Tindish said the range increasers like llts's and yacmuty's do not increase range by +meters. They're "probably" a % but who knows.

That said the melee'rs have quite a bit more range then they should, even normally. Watch a fight between melee'ers and you'll see they're hitting people well outside the range of what you'd expect just visually. It appears to be a good 4 or 5 meters normally just by watching. If that's 3 meters in the game then the games method of measuring distance is seriously screwed. Add to that 2 or 3 more meters from range increasers and they have much much more range then you would expect the from someone swinging a chunk of metal.

*shrug*
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Originally posted by Arinia
    [*]Ranged weapons have (for the most part) more average damage then a melee weapon
    ... u tried to be on the recivin end of 1hb alpha lately? and they dont even have to switch afterwards..

that said, i really do feel the 1hb enforcers i team with outdamage me, quite often
    Last edited by Tindish; Apr 29th, 2002 at 22:54:40.

Well I got a ql 110 scope on my MA, and he is certainly NOT hitting anything more than 3 meters away. (I tested it purposefully)

Weapon range modifier works rather like nano range modifier, which is by %, not a straight increase.

Originally posted by Julia Pomka

In the Viet Nam war, US Army and Marine snipers had many kills out to 1200 yards/1097 meters using bolt action rifles, using 30-06 ammo.
    Grupurt Division 9 [RSGE] Ret.
    Second Nanomage Agent To Hit Lvl 200 on RK1

RK1

• Ranged weapons have more range (duh!) than melee weapons

• Nope, All weapons have the same range at higher levels when you can equip the ql100+ scopes and movement predictors.

• Ranged weapons have (for the most part) more average damage then a melee weapon
    LOL, all melee weapons are FAR better than ranged weapons this was supposed ot be balanced by the fact that ranged weapons allow you to do more damage before the target gets to you but thats obviously no longer the case with 40m range cap.

15. Ranged weapons are available with far larger crits than melee weapons
Once again not true...can you say beam anyone? Not that it really matters at all anymore with the impending crit nerf noone will be using these 150 damage 700 crit guns anymore. I'd much rather use a 500damage 700 crit beam tho.

I have no problem with decreasing meleers range to a strict 3m, however, make my weapon proportionally more damaging, so that when I actually DO hit you, it actually hurts.

It already is much more damaging than a ranged weapon and it has the added advantage of being able to attack while running and not having to reload.

it is not % it is total and cluod YES IT DOES work

and for all u crying bout rots

i guess its ok to go toe to toe with som0one having 3 x's my hp?

duh

No besh, the RangInc isn't strait meters. Every soldier who has tested range increasers has discovered beyond a shadow of a doubt that it isn't a strait RangInc4=4meters. Our tests have shown roughly what seems to be a % increase as in RangeInc4=4%, though nobody is 100% sure of this as it's impossible to tell exactly how far from someone you are.

My tests for range increasers involved 2 increasers, a yackmuty and an llts that together added up to RangeInc 20. Using my nova flow you would expect to get the max 40m range if the increase was strait meters, instead I got a handfull of steps worth of extra range. It *looked* roughly like a 4 meter range increase which is what you would expect from a % increase.

In addition to those findings I also know that the two increasers stack together as well (yakmuty and llts). Without either I had a set range, wearing one I had a few steps more worth of range, and adding the other I had another couple steps worth of range.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

yes every melee user is atrox. and happens to have chosen 2hb as favored weapon. rk-1 must really be a really boring place. where everyone looks the same.
    Originally posted by Turbulence

Nope, All weapons have the same range at higher levels when you can equip the ql100+ scopes and movement predictors.

LOL, all melee weapons are FAR better than ranged weapons this was supposed ot be balanced by the fact that ranged weapons allow you to do more damage before the target gets to you but thats obviously no longer the case with 40m range cap.

Once again not true...can you say beam anyone? Not that it really matters at all anymore with the impending crit nerf noone will be using these 150 damage 700 crit guns anymore. I'd much rather use a 500damage 700 crit beam tho.
    [/LIST]

It already is much more damaging than a ranged weapon and it has the added advantage of being able to attack while running and not having to reload.

melee

melee is close combat, i can agree. However till rage truly works, i'll keep my low light on, thank you . Also if they make it where i can't use my low light with a melee weapon, then i want some way to increase my crit chances. Seeing that i'd be losing mine. You have to remember its easy to roots us and beat us to death from a distance. So either get rage working or get used to wearing the same items as you.

Originally posted by Turbulence

Nope, All weapons have the same range at higher levels when you can equip the ql100+ scopes and movement predictors.
    Right, 40m range for melees. I'll give you a hint: you're wrong.

Again, a hint, you're wrong. An alloy staff has less average damage than a nova flow. A beam is a bit better, but still very, very close to a nova flow. If you want numbers, go plug QL200 versions into Antiguargian's damage calc. I have done this AND observed over the course of time, REAL data, grouping with soldiers carrying QL200 novas and enfs carrying QL200 beams.

To summarize:

Ranged weapons have more range, 100+ yatas and LLTS do NOT make it possible to increase range of melees to 40m. Cripes, you can't even get a NOVAFLOW to 40m.

The beam is slightly better than other melee weapons (on paper). Novas are very close to beams. Vektors and home defenders are right up there.

Ranged weapons are available with larger crits. Vektors, Krutts to name a few that crit higher than a beam.

So even using your ideal case of an atrox with a beam your theories break down.

I'm not trying to flame here, just pointing out that you should understand game mechanics before posting such things.

And as jakespeed said, why shouldn't melee use LLTS, if they are disallowed, I want another way of increasing my crit chances. Why should gun users have the advantage?
    Last edited by Arinia; Apr 30th, 2002 at 16:35:17.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Originally posted by besheba
    it is not % it is total and cluod YES IT DOES work

Nope everyone and I have said its % and I have tested it, or id be hitting you from miles away by now.

and for all u crying bout rots
    We are crying bout roots cuz we are meant to break em, stupid.

i guess its ok to go toe to toe with som0one having 3 x's my hp?

x3 more hp? Ohhh I understand, If people can crit you for........hmm, 500 max and people crit me for 2300 max that sure is fair, Seems like you need to learn more abotu the game

duh
    Duh? SURE IS!

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG THE RED HURTS ME EYES!!! SORRY!

• Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast