Thread: The Advisors of Rubi-Ka Respond to Accusations of Notum Misuse

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

The Advisors of Rubi-Ka Respond to Accusations of Notum Misuse

The Advisors of Rubi-Ka Respond to Accusations of Notum Misuse
    IRRK Special Report

Speaking from the meeting hall of the ARK Headquarters, ARK Community Relations Director Xnemth responded to accusations of unsafe Notum use in creation and augmentation of Advisors.
    Transcript of Press Release:

"Good day.

It has been brought to my attention that members of the Nanomage Liberation Front, and others, have publicly accused us, the Advisors, of excessive and reckless consumption of Notum; thereby creating a threat to the safety of Homo-Nano's across Rubi-Ka.

After consulting with the most heavily augmented among our order, several senior Genetic Manipulators who's names I will not disclose... it was made clear to me that the fluctuations in the Notum Fields are minor and pose no threat to nano-users or the nano-augmented Homo-Nano.

The fluctuations in the planetary fields are much like a ripple in a water basin from a single small drop. Consumption rates of Notum usage in the creation... or in many cases, attempted creation, of an Advisor have dropped greatly since the creation of the first of our order. Augmentation of an Advisor takes even less Notum than creation, what it does take is an increase in local Notum levels.

Now, considering that our order is Headquartered in the Outlands, the distance to civilized Rubi-Ka is substantial. By the time the 'Notum field ripple' reaches that portion of the world, it's effects are barely noticeable. To augment an Advisor, we must increase local Notum levels. This is done to increase the speed at which we can make alterations. If we move too slowly, we risk killing the subject. Most of the Notum is not consumed, it simply bolsters the effectiveness of the process. When the process is complete, the Notum is dispersed back to it's normal levels and it quickly redistributes across the planet.

However, the threat of declaration of war by the Nanomage Liberation Front greatly concerns us. ARK is not a military organization, but it is capable of defending itself... not to say that anyone would be able to effectively reach us and combat us in the Outzone.

None-the-less, the Advisors of Rubi-Ka at this time have formally requested an investigation into the NLF to assess it's operations, determine military capability, and investigate the group for criminal and terrorist acts committed in their war for 'liberation'. The ICC has received our request and is in the process of beginning the investigation now.

Until the ICC has concluded this search and presented the results to us, the Advisors of Rubi-Ka will halt their research on Notum Replenishment and take no further steps towards rebuilding Rubi-Ka's Notum supply.

Thank you for your time, and be well."

A response from the NLF is expected in short order. This is the IRRK News Wire, Rubi-Ka's number one source for local and galactic news!
    Last edited by Xnemth; Jan 22nd, 2004 at 05:29:46.

This press release speaks volumes to the double talking power grabbing ARK and ICC. You claim to be so concerned for the future of the Nanomage people yet talk of cancelling programs that would work towards our long term survivabillity. Not only do your claims of stopping notum replenishment programs speak of vindictiveness, it is also false. You in ARK are in a better position than most outside of Omni-Tek to know what notum reserve levels are at and even stating that it is possible to replenish this resource beyond export levels is propoganda. I always knew ARK was closely associated with the criminal conglomerate ICC, but now all of Rubi-Ka knows.

The NLF did not declare war, we warned you however if you do not make sure that these massive notum field fluctuations aren't reduced or at least made more stable you will force us to do so. We in the NLF know that ARK is very powerful, we don't make these statements lightly. However you will find if you want to hunt us down and murder each and every one of us in the NLF you will find another mage who sees the light step up and take our place. This is a fight for the survival of our species, do not underestimate the power of that motivation. If you declare war on us, expect us to be as elusive as the desert wind, and as fierce as the Rubi-Kan Suns. Till all are free!!!
    Aazamon General of the Nanomage Liberation Front

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

The Nanomage Liberation Front

Lunya yawns as she starts reading the news article.

"Blah blah... ARK... blah blah... Notum... blah blah.. Outzone... war... NLF... blah."

She stops, goes back, and starts to read again. As she reads Aazamon's response, her jaw drops.

"Poor, poor n00bs. I think they got too much notum in their brains, maybe." She picks up her leet doll, cuddles it for a moment, then runs off to get some leet treats and milk.

((ooc: Just a little note... I thought the news was easier to remember to read when it was on the Buzz. Even though they're split now, some news stories are very Server-specific, like this one. I think the news got a lot more attention and replies when it was there. But, that's only my two creds. ^_^))
    Last edited by Lunya; Jan 23rd, 2004 at 02:23:05.
    Juliet "Lunya" Lochlan
    ~Adventurer (retired)

"Omni by profession, Neutral at heart."~

->This link guaranteed to make you smile every time!<-

Now, considering that our order is Headquartered in the Outlands, the distance to civilized Rubi-Ka is substantial. By the time the 'Notum field ripple' reaches that portion of the world, it's effects are barely noticeable.
    Thing is, there is absolutely nothing else going on on this planet that is even capable of affecting the Notum field to an extent where it's noticeable on a global scale. And if those OTHER activities have NLF up in arms, it's no wonder your actions would cause a commotion. Frankly, I'm surprised NLF didn't catch on to this sooner.
    This is only my opinion of course, but I'm entitled to it.

BattleFalcon, Unit Commander of Desert Winds
    Bandasje, first ever neutral TL6 doctor, any server.

John Reads the report on the NLF & Ark conflict and Snorts at the end of it.

"Ohh Aazamon you bit off more then you could chew there..."

He reads Aazamon's Statement in reply..

"Holy Crud! I knew he was off in the head but that is utter proof he's Bughouse nuts Fanatical...."

"hmm this could be Problematical."

He creates a message to ICC Headquarters.

"This is John "Blackswords" Rm Of Omni-Mining. I cannot demand anything regarding ICC investigation of the NLF but would Strongly request a Psychological Evaluation of Aazamon President of the NLF. His Statement in reply show that he may have a Mild form of Paranoid Schizophreina...For his own well being and the well being of others I'd ask that he be evaluated by Proffessionals."

thinks for a moment before sending it...then adds.

"P.S. Just in case Aazamon reads this...If you think this is a way to remove you from leading the NLF. I'll match ya in submitting to the Psychologists for as long as your under there care as well. That way you know Omni-mining is not planning an Attack against the NLF as they're head of Security & Exploration is in the room next door to you."
    John "Blackswords" Rm
    Boardmember of Omni-Mining
    Adventurer

Originally posted by Blackswords
    ...Omni-mining is not planning an Attack against the NLF as they're head of Security & Exploration is in the room next door to you."
    Bring a bomb, Aaz. A big one.

Hey He blew me up once already...I'm not looking for a repeat Performance...so he can bring the Kaboom far as I care but I ain't putting my back to him again..
    John "Blackswords" Rm
    Boardmember of Omni-Mining
    Adventurer

Fixerben chuckles and shakes his head.

Boy do I feel sorry for the NLF. I'd love to see a Genetic manipulator just pop up and remove all of their Intelligence. That would just be funny. No offense Aaz, but it would teach you a great deal about who your dealing with.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Originally posted by Fixerben
    Boy do I feel sorry for the NLF. I'd love to see a Genetic manipulator just pop up and remove all of their Intelligence. That would just be funny. No offense Aaz, but it would teach you a great deal about who your dealing with.
    Every time we, the NLF, point out the harm that someone or some organization is doing, we always receive a vague threat in return. The Clans and Omni-Tek all sound the same to us with their big words and barroom bravado.

It is PRECISELY the power behind ARK that stirs our passion, our horror. If we turned tail and ran at every hint of retribution, where would we be? If the strength of our destroyers dissuaded us, what would we be doing? We'd be patiently standing aside as Rubi-Ka's notum was exported, the notum field fluctuated, and the Nanomage was drained of life.

Alas, that is exactly what most Omni, Clan, and, yes, Neutral Nanomages are doing if they support mining.

The NLF hears this all the time. "But I'm a Nanomage," our detractors say. "And I love mining!"

I believe that the Genetic Manipulators have already been put to use. Otherwise, how can you explain the rush of Nanomages to exchange their lives for short-term profit? Intelligence has already been removed. Ironically, when the NLF and those who support our goals display signs of intelligence retention, our collective sanity -- and that of our leader -- is called into question.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Vytocyt
    General, Nanomage Liberation Front

Re: The Advisors of Rubi-Ka Respond to Accusations of Notum Misuse

Originally posted by Editor: IRRK
    ...Until the ICC has concluded this search and presented the results to us, the Advisors of Rubi-Ka will halt their research on Notum Replenishment and take no further steps towards rebuilding Rubi-Ka's Notum supply...[/i][/B]
    Beg pardon? Because the NLF dared to question ARK, that august organization is now going to stop critically needed research? Is it just me, or does that seem like a ridiculous overreaction?

Surely the NLF has the right to express their opinions?
    Zhik

War is not its own end, except in some catastrophic slide into absolute damnation. It's peace that's wanted. Some better peace than the one you started with.
    Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Vor Game", 1990

54.76190476190476% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?

Re: Re: The Advisors of Rubi-Ka Respond to Accusations of Notum Misuse

Originally posted by Zhik

Beg pardon? Because the NLF dared to question ARK, that august organization is now going to stop critically needed research? Is it just me, or does that seem like a ridiculous overreaction?

Surely the NLF has the right to express their opinions?
    Heh, since when did Anarchy mean equality? If you are not on the top of the heap, you get squished. What is happening to the NLF isn't the first time a group has been put in this sort of position, and sadly I am afraid it will not be the last. Looks like I will have to get back to work, sigh...and retirement was just starting to get interesting again
    Last edited by Catalyste; Jan 28th, 2004 at 18:24:32.
    "Ignorance is the greatest evil we will ever face" . -Dr. James Cone, ca 1990 CE

Available for Weddings, Mediations, Treaties, Celebrations, and Hugs...
    Neutrals come join #neutrality on irc.funcom.com! Everyone welcome.
    Counseling available by appointment-Priestess Cathryn Ardman
    Cat's Closet

Favourite Chat Colours: 250 200 250, try it!
    I am an adventurer, of COURSE I like going camping! :P

/me sneaks up to Aazamon.

/w psst,.... Aazamon who of the ARK would you like to be taken out. Xnemth??
    /w I can make it really bloody if you wish.
    /w don't mind practising my torturing skills too
    /w just to make your argument a little bit more convincing.
    /w off course discresion will be guaranteed.

/w you know where to find me.
    Oliewabie
    Entertainer and Rubi-Ka Trotter

Feel free to visit:
    Olie's Arul Saba Store - Gems and Bracer
    Free Champagne and refreshements