Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tips on beating traders post them here!

Tips on beating traders post them here!

ok this is a semi-serious post.. and i know there have been alot of anit trader threads but I'm not trying to start a flame war.. theres just no activity on this board so i thought i'd post something on my mind.

how does one beat a trader? In my case, I'm a soldier, and so far have been unsuccesful at beating one. I leved up to 156 now, I'm atrox and I use a 200nova/187flash.. I'm well equipped but will not get into details.

So sort of as a test the other day, I went to 2ho and there was abid (he's a cool guy 155 trader) the first round went bad.. i was all cocky with my gridspace freedom and got too close, he rooted me, deprived me and critted 3 times, i managed to get a 234 fling shot off.

So I ressed and came back, this time i figured since he can wittle my 5k HP down in about 4 seconds, I'll toss up mk8 first.. which lasts one minute, BEEP! bad idea. i was rooted and he backed off waiting for it to wear off.. after 30 seconds of thinking i just /termed out of utter frusteration.

This 2nd time tho, i DID manage to get my alpha off on my flashpoint.. i had no crit buff.. but i think i did around 2200 dmg with it (should be more for a weapon of this type but oh well) which "appeared" to drop him about 5% but did closer to 50% as he told me later. which of couse was instantly healed as he had deprived me and can heal for an obscene amount.

SO I'm wracking my brain and the ONLY possible way i can think of to be a trader as a soldier is to get UVC and hope the alpha 3 shots him.

Cm'on tips suggestions? 156 levels of off and on pvp and i have not killed a trader : )

Heh,
    I feel the same way about traders.. I have tried lots of different tactics. The only one that works is to out number them. They can deprive the hell out of me and make me hit like a 5 year old girl. So..... If you find out please tell us

How to kill a Trader: Make a trader to fight the Traders with

Docs can init debuff them, if they are quick enough.
    NT phone HOME!!

As an Enf, I keep Rage running, and As soon as im near, flurry, and alpha, And I go at them like a bat out of hell.

Forget about debuffs, just WHACK THEM , or shoot.

To be honest I dont know why people think they are "uber" ???

I have fought many traders, anyway, even if they do debuff me or root, next patch should fix that so what should I care?

with any class really, unless they have nullity/tms, you just go at them full power!

With crits buffs going, and crits chances not be soo much with most people except those who have llts and higher, evades will come to play.

have you seen shotguns without decent crit buffs?
    HAHAHAH.
    Have you ever asked one of those "so called uber" traders to take off UVC and test there shotgun on you, no really, if you got a guild m8, do it with lma/uvc, then tell him to put vs, sg or none at all and watch

48.....48.....56........48.....100....bleh ...bleh...ooh a crit....1.9k........48..
    :P

Hit them first.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

A friend told me that he's seen a trader do just fine after a doc init debuff...he still killed the doc without trouble.

Well traders are resilient little buggers I give you that They are my worst pvp opponents by far, Im a solider at lvl 183 and still have problems with players like abid, ransaak etc. My strategy so far has been to buff myselfe with reactive reflective, and equip my ql200 nova. At the same time I have a ql130 flashpoint ready and a list of lower MK shields on my shortcut bar. I let the trader divest me and get a few shots in, to let him think he have the upperhand, then at 50% HP or so I raise the best MK shield I can. Making them think they almost got you makes them sloppy and sometimes they forget to heal, or run away when you MK. So I try to get them down to 60-70% before I switch to my flashpoint and alpha strike him/her to 0% hopefully, if not I switch back to a lower ql nova.

Now this isnt always sucessfull since they might be superbuffed after divesting those cute little leets or whatever just 10sec before you meet them So a good tip if your deciding your going to flee is to go full-def, end combat, take a speed stim and run like crazy when they shoot the root off you =)
    Last edited by Galldrian; Apr 29th, 2002 at 10:25:17.

I'd say... yes, init debuff... maybe /terminate is an idea.

Cool

A tip. Not realy, perhaps take them by surprise in SFH and such places.

If I had other 2 powerful range pets with me, I can beat em no problem.
    However 99% of the times I dont, and 1 root = melee pet disabled. So its all come down to luck, if you can land a couple crit hit in a row outdmg their healing, you can win. Not easy.
    Having a backup shortcut bar in case u got debuffed is always helpful.

Well Abid just owns me

But I can fairly take on traders, IF i manage to get the debuff on them i stand a chance, else its eep eep run for zone. I always have 2 heals extra ready: one 210 lower then my max skills and one 420 lower. I'll do nothing then shoot, hope for crits and heal up chaining my crappy heal because of the deprives.

If they got a lower runspeed then me I win. Why? When they hit their deprives etc they are out of nano, I run away and wait 3 mins. If they didnt zone by now (some don't) then I come back and they will be nothing more like arm, no offence, fixer without runbuff and tp. Chicken-tactic though

Soldiers are my worst nightmare, traders are second in pvp.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Soldiers are my worst nightmare, traders are second in pvp.
    Agree..soldiers kill me 100% in 1v1 (if they don't **** up) and traders only kill me 90% or something(this is with Anti, not sure if Azz ever managed to get close enought to hit a trader)

I have killed both traders and soldiers, but that's in mass PvP cuz everyone will die if alot of people attack them(if they don't zone ofcourse..).
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Unhappy Nanoshutdown

About only way I can beat one. Whoever lands first debuffs basically wins. Almost gotten to point using nanoshutdown after trader debuff. After that you shouldn't have much problem beating when they cannot drain , root, or heal.

A previous poster is correct when they say that Traders rely on crit buffs. LMA/UVC in addition to a good LLTS (the old ones) will effectively increase a trader's firepower by a lot. Deprive/Ransack lines help a bit, but not by a really large margin. I have yet to see the AC lines help. As it stands right now (14.0), you gotta hit traders pretty fast before they get a shot off. As for the deprive/ransack line, have a high nano resist is all I can think of.

Hopefully in 14.2 with OE and UVC made to self only, traders won't be such a big deal anymore. Root and Deprive/Ransack will still be there though.

Hopefully in 14.2 with OE and UVC made to self only, traders won't be such a big deal anymore. Root and Deprive/Ransack will still be there though.
    What most people seemed to miss is that there will still be a crit buff and everyone will still probably have 25%+ chance to cirt...
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

the big difference I also noticed with traders is the duration of the fights when you meet with them. The other day I fought fryli one on one, and Because I managed to cast mk shield the fight lasted about 1:30 or more, with me doing about 20-25k damage, of course I lost big time I had UVC at the time and critted for 1k about 15 times, but she had plenty of nano to heal it all up, and wrack and ruin me twice too ; )

anyways that was fun.

but the trader fights are such a blurr that it's rediculous.. Imagine all this happening in a 5 second time span (it really does)

trader spots me, trader roots me, trader deprives me, (i'm trying to run away now so It's even more confusing) trader does his mini alpha with his ithika, does 5k dmg in 3 seconds.

: (

oh well : ) I suppose I just like to complain.

Traders without a crit buff are barely on par with the other classes. Soldiers without crit buff still rock.
    Traders with crit buff/LLTS, should if they know what they are doing, be able to kill anyone. This is because of the insane amounts a person can OE his shotty. Believe me i know. Shotguns suck without crit buffs and OE'ing though. Fight a trader with a ithaca (even super OE'd) with no crit buff or scope, the other person will win 90% of the time.
    You will see damage like
    5, 10, 25, 25, 25, 28, 10
    Its really sad.
    *I have killed bright red MAs with 3 shots with uvc, ess, and doc hp buff running, without rooting and debuffing.
    *I have been killed by a green agent when we both had 0 outside buffs on (as a test with a friend) even after i debuffed the hell out of him.

Outside buffs make the world of difference.
    Undercover Soccom Brother

Blackness confirmed!!
    Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Buying ql 161 Art of Peace nano

That's the thing about Ithacas... 'Crit or die' guns. You either crit for a lot, or scratch them. But because they're so fast, you can fit a large scope on them with little to no penalty, so you crit more anyway. Though as Crits seem to be the only way to hurt anyone in PvP, they're popular. And they have two specials to boot
    Dest

But most people that were killed in "5 seconds and there was nothing i can do" were killed by these weapons and complain about how overpowered these people are =P
    Only other option is to switch to no special, average regular damage weapons, like home defenders and vektors. These guns can have a huge range of regular damage though.
    Hitting (on my lvl50 trader) from 2-250 with non crit damage. Plus they fire slow =(
    AHHHHHHHHHHH the plight of the "uberest" profession... the trader.
    Undercover Soccom Brother

Blackness confirmed!!
    Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Buying ql 161 Art of Peace nano

Well so far after reading that it seems the only way really is to debuf the trader first.

So what are us MA's supposed to do

Ah yeah I remember get rooted

Ah well.

Though if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate them hehe.

Sunraven - Jumpaholic and Speedfreak

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast