Thread: We're at WAR - give us TANKS

Talking We're at WAR - give us TANKS

After having read the timeline events and the constant battling, I think the idea of Armored Fighting Vehicles makes sense.

A tank could be used for speed, have limited visibility (to allow infantry some combat viability), and have excellent vehicle vs vehicle firepower.

Maybe limit their use to certain zones? The "frontlines"? - PvP areas of 0% gas.

Haven't put a whole lot of thought into this, but I'm sure its workable.

WE'RE AT WAR! Allow us the tools of warfare!

How about AE missiles? AE grenade launchers (rather than having to have a living target)? Terrain in the "frontlines" with fortifications? Trenches?

Anti-Tank missiles?

Am I crazy?
    Tildenn, Omni Soldier 74
    Beneeto, Omni Enforcer 54
    "Tell you what. I'll go kill some stuff. You stay here and try to look cool..."
    EQ-semi-retired~DAoC-quit~AO-active~WWIIOL-active~SWG-quit

Re: We're at WAR - give us TANKS

Originally posted by TildenAntonini
    We're at WAR - give us TANKS
    What are Enfs, chopped liver?

Cool

and soldiers too. Meatloaf.

But really. I read a post here about vehicles, but didn't see one reference to tanks as a combat vehicle.

Motorcycles would be great, but for battle...

How cool would it be to see a sweeping battle rather than 2 PvPers trying to escape before the other one gets him? Skirmish is good, but if we're at war....
    Tildenn, Omni Soldier 74

yeah

I think its kind of silly that ther are no fighterplanes either.
    I was sure that you could actually shoot things when you where in a yalm when i first got to rubika

As previously stated we are at war! so where are all the tanks, planes artillery land mines etc?
    Ofcource all this is beyond the scope of this game but it would still be cool to command a juggernaut instead of the omnitech battle ship which sucks.

When we are at it, why not we have some nuclear weapons?

Jk, yes, give us some stuff like we see in the intro movie, would be awesome.
    NT phone HOME!!

Re: We're at WAR - give us TANKS

We're at WAR - give us TANKS
    It's called the omni-tek gunship..

It was suppose to add to your AC and damage, but the damage booster if broken last time I checked.

The vehicle has insane requirements in ranged energy and ground vehicle, making it only suitable for soilders at high levels.

Yeah, would be great to have tanks and stuff.

The intro movie was how I hoped that this game would be.

I imagined epic battles between Clanners and Omni.

Sadly there hasn't been any. This should be high up on Funcom's ToDo-list.
    That and fixing the lag, imagine the lag if there where to be massive battles between the two factions.

This would be perfect when they add the ability to capture and hold territory. Imagine attacking a heavily fortified outpost with a couple of tanks. *drools*
    Rippler - Legend

Question

The Omni-Tek Gunship - would it classify as a tank in anyone's mind - in the way of size, impressiveness, immunity to small arms fire?

Probably not, but I haven't seen one.

Or does it just look like a beefy yalm?
    Tildenn, Omni Soldier 74

Its called planetside.
    I was one of the people who believe that FC had a "secret" 12.0 patch just before launch....he he.

You start to think that the Shrooms are wearing off and then you look at the ceiling and realize you got a few hours.

Originally posted by haniblecter
    Its called planetside.
    Is sony even working on that anymore? It is almost like saying, Halo (looked cool a few decades ago when they said it would be out by christmas for the PC before Micro$haft bought it and shut it down.)

Thumbs down Planetside

Supposedly they are, according to Verant's VP of marketing.

Planetside is going to be "twitchy". As are elements of SWG.

You're gonna need those 13-year old UBER-fast spasmadic fingers ala Street Fighter.

Maybe that says it all right there... will it ever come out?
    Tildenn, Omni Soldier 74

Re: Planetside

Supposedly they are, according to Verant's VP of marketing.

Planetside is going to be "twitchy". As are elements of SWG.

You're gonna need those 13-year old UBER-fast spasmadic fingers ala Street Fighter.

Maybe that says it all right there... will it ever come out?
    I don't care about it being twitch, but I do care about cable users getting an insane advantage over 56k.

Re: Re: Planetside

Originally posted by Zeroshift

I don't care about it being twitch, but I do care about cable users getting an insane advantage over 56k.

Its all about the graphics card.

Re: Re: Re: Planetside

Originally posted by MrBunny

mix a GF4 mx440 with a T1 line and you have the king of PvP.
    I am gonna get the best title...

And if you cant it means your a retard.

do you have neophyte yet? Nope? I guess your a retard

Re: Re: Re: Planetside

Originally posted by MrBunny

Geforce 3 Ti500, AMD 1900+, 512 RAM

I can tell you, it's all about the bandwidth.

A crappy computer can be upgraded, a 56k modem usually can't. The majority of the USA still does not have broadband in their area, it's not their fault.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Planetside

Originally posted by Zeroshift

Geforce 3 Ti500, AMD 1900+, 512 RAM

I can tell you, it's all about the bandwidth.

A crappy computer can be upgraded, a 56k modem usually can't. The majority of the USA still does not have broadband in their area, it's not their fault.

"A crappy computer can be upgraded, a 56k modem usually can't. "

Uhhh......... oK??? Even if you have to get ISDN which is just about a bit faster than 56k, thats still certainly a way to upgrade your upload and download. Which, my goodness, would be like getting broadband wouldnt it? Your connection can be improved and upgraded just like ram. duh.

Generic Graphics Card, P4 1.8 gigz, 256 RAM, BroadBand Connection.

And I still lag in Trade and Tir.

Wink Tank!

I still wanna see tanks and infantry assaults in the 0% areas.

Satchel charges and grenades! Motorcycle troops wielding Support Beams!

I understand the PvP wasn't set up much that way, but a zone or two could. Extra rank points could be given for territory taken in it, including points while teamed. Throw enough incventives into such a zone and players would utilize it.

Now, I'm sure many might view such player-controlled content favorably. After a side took enough territory for long enough, FC could allow them to mount an assualt outside of that zone with the tanks and other "front-line" equipment.

What would result? Well, maybe total Anarchy......
    Tildenn, Omni Soldier 74