Thread: 55% missions yeild orange to deep orange mobs and unpickable chests

55% missions yeild orange to deep orange mobs and unpickable chests

Is this just happening to me or is everybody else getting this
    5 missions all at 55% and all i got was orange to deep orange mobs one mission had orange and 1 yellow in it. And all chests were unpickable to me b+e 140(never had a problem picking chests till today) I was really looking foward to this patch as per the build notes saying they were changing formulas for what mobs you would get in missions maybe i misunderstood but i figured that they would make missions a little more doable not make them insanely harder at around the 50% mark.
    I took there notes to mean if you picked 50% you would get greens no greys,60% missions of greens and yellows, 70% yellows and oranges, and on and on i really didnt expect them to make missions harder then what they were. The chests might be my fault maybe my b+e is not high enough but it was good enough yesterday. Can someone from funcom tell me what my B+E should be to open a chest at lvl 87 in a 55% mission?

Thumbs up .

50% missions for a level 60 give high greens, yellows and the occasional yellow-orange.
    Chest loot actually is decent now no more loot 20 or more QL below the level of the mission.

Chests are harder to pick but the goodies inside are better so I think its fair. Xp for picking chests is doubled when there is nothing inside. A mission on full bad/chaos/hidden/money give you over 20 doors to pick and about 10 locked chests - fun stuff.

Heaven forbid breaking and entering be a useful skill now at level 60 100 B&E got most chests open in less than 5 attempts

some chest loot in a lev 60 mission
    q66 waitt legs
    q59 nomad chest armor
    q90 rubi ka ruby
    q58 Stigma rifle

I like the changes myself - got tired of all the greys in 50% missions and crappy chest loot.

They probably just made the lockpick skill more accountable for the ability to pick the chest.
    "By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising: kill yourself." --Bill Hicks
    "Have we turned into gerbils? People are paying money to walk up invisible steps over and over again." --Dennis Leary

1) Mobs lvls aren't perfect yet, but MUCH better then before.
    2) Yepp, at last is the B&E good for something.
    3) Picking lock gives more xp
    4) Locked and trapped doors are working again
    5) Loot are much better

I like it

Well, actually 50% could be mobs your own level... That's yellow, not green... Sounds pretty logical...

I have never put any points in to B&E and I have been able to open anything so far. Must be because I am only L17.
    -War is not about who is right, it is about who is left.

- L92 MP
    - L7 Enf

B&E?

Lvl32 adv here.
    I've spent 0 (zero) ip on B&E and, like the previous poster, I've been able to open every chest and door so far.
    They do seem to take longer to open after 13.2, though...
    Perhaps B&E comes into play at a certain level? Title level 3 perhaps?
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

B+E could be tied to title i will hit 88 soon and dump some points into it and see what it takes Ill post the results in a day or 2

Chests?

Don't know about mob-difficulty as I haven't done a solo mission today, only 2 with friends and we were fine. We were very happy about the loot, finally it's worth 2 hrs of work, while doing a difficult mission.
    Chests: doing a petition about that right now. If the B&E skill will indeed be more valuable now, that's fine with me and I'll put some IP into it, hey it'll make my agent's life a little bit more worthy . However, if it's an unintended bug, I'd hate to put loads of IP into it to then see it work *as before* after the next patch. So - please - maybe someone can answer this? Thanks.

Originally posted by Xombie
    They probably just made the lockpick skill more accountable for the ability to pick the chest.
    Yep, and they should have included it in the patch notes. I have no problems with changes like these, in fact I quite like this one even though neither of my characters will ever have a great B&E, but they need to be in the patch notes!

Scorus

for anybody reading this it is a skill issue i brought the skill up to about 170(could have been 190 kinda tired now) and i can open them no problem and damn if there is some good loot on the mobs and in the chests--not great but you wont be begging to buy health stims anytime soon

just a claification point here........ funcom or anyone official has ACTUALLY STATED that b-e skill actually help opning chests. my agent caricter can't open any chest that are locked and he has over 150 lockpicking at her level. my nt has no prayr to open a chest that is loced with 200 b-e (implanst- don't ask)
    Level 132 Nano-Techniction <---- Retired till NT fix
    Level 72. Engineer <---- why is my pet running the wrong way?
    Level 69. Agent <---- Retired sence Concealment Nerf.
    Level 58. Adventure <---- TONS of lost ip.
    Level 41. Meta.<--- Mp's are too uber.
    Level 30. Enforcer <---- press "Q" and watch tv.
    Level 29. Doc <---- Can't..... Find.... Group.....

Quote of the week "When people complain equally about all of the classes, then the game is balanced."

Exclamation

Um, wow....

I went from running 60%-70% missions pre-patch holding greens to running 3 yesterday at 50% that had 1 green in all of them combined. There were a LOT of Oranges (two clicks above equal). Now being a low level this wasn't much of an issue, my gun can still hold its own (QL21 Mausser on a Lvl15 Fixer) against these, and after hitting the title level, I can finally start kicking towards a better gun.

Before the flames appear, THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT! This is only a statement. Someone stated the loot was better, although 3/4 of the chests I opened are still empty. I did however Pull a QL16 rifle off an orange in a Lvl14 50% mission, so it certainly is improving over the QL5 pistol I'm used to retrieving. It was also nice to set the thing to full money and still snag 10K in EXP off of a 50% mission.

Now as I said at my level these changes are fine and don't cause problems, but from what I gather about soloing and higher levels, this could become an issue.

Oh, And I CERTAINLY didn't see any reduction in the time rate of monster healing in a fight. They're regenerating faster than I am with an HoT just as they were before the patch. Don't know if I'm missing something, but it's depressing when I hit a cold spell with the mausser, hit for 6 or so, then watch the mob jump back to higher than it was before I shot it....

All in all it seems a success, and I actually looted instruction discs. 3 in 1 mission after none in 15 levels. Just my 2 creds in observation.

JB
    "The Money's Gone, The Mind Is Shot, But The Liquor We've Still Got...."
    "It's a fine line to walk between "No-Surprises Policy", and "Can't-Let-The-Cat-Out-of-the-Bag"
    STOP SUFFOCATING THE DAMN CAT!!!!

Valdazz
    L32 Omni Fixer - RK1
    Cynic Exraordinaire

Lightbulb Lockpicking

Well gang, We had a team last night and i mean all night run missions from lvl 160 to lvl 185 . The highest member being the doc . Although the oher members could not open some of the chests i can tell you my lvl 95 fixer had no issues with a 300 lockpicking skill unbuffed.

1.Maybe simply save ip's by taking a fixer with you or put a little more ip's in lockpicking.

2.oh you can also have a fixer or an engineer buff you. That will help your lockpicking skill as well.

HI im a fixer you may be able to kill me but , Then who would open that chest.

Lockpicking is more difficult

I tried until my screen was full of "Lockpicking Failed" msgs. Fortunately I found the B&E Expertise nano in a mission a while back.

I ran the nano, then after a few more tries was able to pick the lock.

I don't mind it taking a few tries, but instead of it continuously saying "Lockpicking Failed", I wish we would get a msg "Breaking and Entry skill needs to be at least xxx". With my skill at that minimum, it might still take a few times, and the higher above that number my skill goes, the quicker I will be able to pick the lock.

This change will make the fixer more viable in groups too, though I wish the locked chests, particularly the more difficult ones, would have some decent stuff inside. Most of my hard to pick locked chests last night were either empty or contained ammo.

Overall I like the change because it makes use of the skill needed to unlock the chest, and makes things a bit more logical (especially since there is only 1 QL lockpick that I have seen, the ability to open the chest should be based entirely on the B&E skill of the person using the lockpick.)

Skara

Could it? Could it actually happen>

If I ever hear "Group looking for Fixer", I think I'll cry. Sorry, I'm getting a little emotional

But of course, dreams of the 'Looking for a CanOpener, I mean Fixer' days are just that... dreams...

Coz stated in one of his posts that they know about the unopenable chest 'BUG' and are looking into it. Of course this means fixers might actually have a use, so it needs to be removed. The lone piece of consolation is that we'll have about a month of usefullness before they fix it. Oh wait, fixers might have a use? Emergency patch tomorrow to fix it

*Opinions stated above are made by the Cynical Fixer, and are to be taken with a grain, no, a block of salt*

JB
    "The Money's Gone, The Mind Is Shot, But The Liquor We've Still Got...."
    "It's a fine line to walk between "No-Surprises Policy", and "Can't-Let-The-Cat-Out-of-the-Bag"
    STOP SUFFOCATING THE DAMN CAT!!!!

Valdazz
    L32 Omni Fixer - RK1
    Cynic Exraordinaire

Amen!

Chests have level appropriate loot in them, now. Excellent.

Lockpicking needs to be at least 160, if not closer to Jakespeed's 300 to open them above level 140. If this makes fixers more useful then BY GOD FUNCOM leave it alone!