Thread: yalm/yama bug?

yalm/yama bug?

I've bug-reported this and put a similar post on the trader boards already...
    Let me preface this post with the warning that I've been without internet the past month and only logged on to AO last night, but in that short time I think I've encountered a yalm bug...

This is an old bug , of course, the un-equip yalm but be stuck in the yalm bug. However, it seems to now *only* effect people who use yamatachi range increasing scopes. (that assumption is based on asking folks who have the same problem if they use the scopes)

further observations:

when unequipping the yalm, whether i do so by equipping my yama (done when inv. is full) or by simply clicking on the yalm, it leaves the hud1 slot, but i am still in yalm. I can then equip my yama and see it in hud1 but am still in yalm. only zoning fixes this

unequipping the yama-scope before equipping the yalm seems to help the situation, but I have not tested this much yet. Is anyone else noticing this correlation between yama-scopes and the "help-i'm-stuck-in-my-yalm" bug?

Zyxlquith

It happens with Kodiak cars as well. I generally switch out of my car by equipping my range extender. I say usually because it seems 90% of the time when I get attacked while driving to a mission, I can get out of my car. I know you are not allowed to get -into- a vehicle while in a fight, but it apparently wont allow you to get out either.

However, it does make for some interesting game play. The other day I was taking my enforcer out to the eastern part of Omni Forest. I get "such-n-such is attacking you" and think that what the heck, it's grey anyway. I'll just deal with it. Suprise, I cant get out of my car. Eventually I killed it. Actually, it would be more accurate to say it committed suicide against my damage shield. Go figure.

I get a stuck in Yalmaha bug and I dont even know what a yama scope is. So no, I dont have one and yes the bug is present without one.

I click the yalm the unequip bar rises to the top , disappears but I am still in the yalm. If I try to unequip again then I get a message telling me I cannot do that while polymorphed and I have to zone to get out of the yalm.

Then when I have finally got out I am six inches tall. But I expect you have all found that already.

There are plenty of other bugs with yalmahas like the one where it will not point upward and you can only fly along the ground unless you re-equip.