Thread: I found Ding!

Lightbulb I found Ding!

Hmmm, I had a curious follower the other day. A Leet named Ding followed me from a mission in the greater Tir zone and back to Tir, is this common or am I getting paranoid? Couldnt attack him, but the poor soul died under my "lesser retaliatory shield" and my evilness looted him for all he got, which was a "Forfeit Omni-tek Epalquet"-something......anyone got a simillar experience?
    Ealo« lvl 35 engie
    Mek-Mek« a hangaround droid

"...I´m not much for begging, cause nobody ever gave me nothing...."
    :Team Evil

Had something similar happen last night in a mission. I opened a chest and I got a msg "A frightened rollerat awakens from his sleep". So I tab the little bastard and was going to wipe him out (he was grey to me as a LVL 62 NT) and I get the msg you can't attack your pet or something along those lines. I tried the pet commands on him which I believe were working, being that I'm not in a pet class I don't know, but he wouldn't attack anything.

Originally posted by Rotamus
    Had something similar happen last night in a mission. I opened a chest and I got a msg "A frightened rollerat awakens from his sleep". So I tab the little bastard and was going to wipe him out (he was grey to me as a LVL 62 NT) and I get the msg you can't attack your pet or something along those lines. I tried the pet commands on him which I believe were working, being that I'm not in a pet class I don't know, but he wouldn't attack anything.
    I had the same thing happen to me today, I sat down then lockpicked a chest and i got the message, then the rollerat appeared. Then Killing my mission objective didn't give me an item(not sure if the 2 are related). The Frightened Rollerat would only report his status to me, nothing else.

Heh. They said they added more unique mobs
    "By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising: kill yourself." --Bill Hicks
    "Have we turned into gerbils? People are paying money to walk up invisible steps over and over again." --Dennis Leary

LOL, that sounds kinda fun.. Like a lost leet who just wants a friend... Drunk and Rot, is the leet still following you around?

Cool :)

lol...I found a frieghtened RollerRat swimming in a Mission today! Said he was my pet and I wasn't allowed to attack him.

hm. that sounds funny. The age old question.... bug or feature
    Zen~~'
    9/11/01

Thumbs up Feature

I'd like to think feature. I can't believe I'm going to say this but... I think the rat was rather cute. Sounding all scared and forlorn. I used to hate the little things. So agro. But a pet roller rat is kind of cool.

Owenz

There is also a leet named Owenz that hangs out around the Tir West Gate...damn named leets.

I found one too...

it was great, especially with extra onions and pepper on top *grin*

Talking

This was obviously our beloved Developers' answer to all the Trolls screaming because their profession didn't get their own pets!

Welp, now ya do! Enjoy,
    ~W~

It's a profession specific trap

The trapped chest that gives you a rollerrat 'pet' is a trap that is intended to harrass pet using classes.

Mostly you can only have one pet, so, if you have this trap one, you can't create your *desired* fighting pet.

Those who don't use pets, aren't bothered by the trap-given 'pet'.

I kinda like the idea of a pet (I mean a non-combat non-anything-useful one, I don't want to 'steal' the specificities of other classes).

But a rollerat is not the one I would have chosen first hand and it doesn't seem to be following me, whatever I try to do

Originally posted by nikho
    [B]I kinda like the idea of a pet (I mean a non-combat non-anything-useful one, I don't want to 'steal' the specificities of other classes).
    Yeah, I think it'd be kinda fun to have a dog or something. But, I'd want them to be maybe things you can get in a mission only. It's no fun if everyone has 'em.