Thread: Workshops in appartements

Lightbulb tradeskill furniture for appartments

Wouldn't it be great if one could get furniture like a workbench or surgery clinic for ones appartement??

One of these should have different bonuses to tradeskills...
    For example:
    "Hey man, can you put this weapon together for me??"
    "Sure come with me to my flat, i've got a +15 workbench"
    "while were still here, we can use the robot desk for that nanocrystal"

A doctor could have his own practise with the right items.. and so on
    So the furniture would boost tradeskills and add something to the usefullnes of your appartement.
    Last edited by brutoric; Apr 28th, 2002 at 02:14:00.

Neat idea.

I had a similar idea to this, that worked more along the lines of a factory. Basically, I was tired of shift clicking to change rocks and suck into prepared crystals. I came up with the following idea:

A device, that you can put in your apartment to mass produce certain items. It HAS to go in your apartment, nowhere else. This would encourage people to actually USE their flats. It works according to your tradeskill at the current moment. Basically, if you have a backpack full of like 30 Carbonrich Rocks, all ql10 we'll say. You are only level 5 though. Let's say that your friend also gives you a backpack or two of ql10 Rocks. So now you have started to amass this collection of rocks. Bow would it be a pain to shift click each one, neh? So instead, you right click on the machine, and it opens a window like a backpack. Then you proceed to put in whatever you want processed, be it rocks, gems, metal, or monster parts. After it's all loaded, we'll say a max or 60 items, hit the "Process" button, and the magic begins. Suddenly, on the floor, or in a window like a chest whatever, your completed product is presented to you.

Now comes the argument of how to get XP from it. Considering that it would have to work off of your skill at the time you press process, it's kind of tricky. Also, the fact that it is automated and you don't really have to do anything factors in as well. We'll use our numbers from before for the example.

Without machine:
    90 Carbonrick Rocks, ql10
    4 steps(I think) to create finished crystal
    5*ql=xp per rock per step.
    5*10=50 xp per rock per step
    50xp*4 steps = 200xp per rock
    90 rocks * 200xp per rock = 18000 xp

With machine:
    90 Carbonrick Rocks, ql10
    1 steps using machine to create finished crystal
    3*ql=xp per rock per step.
    3*10=30 xp per rock per step
    30xp*1 steps = 30xp per rock
    90 rocks * 30xp per rock = 2700 xp

Yes, I know this isn't a whole lot of XP. But with all the time you can save by using the machine, you could be out leveling!

Just my thoughts

Catch ya planetside.
    Nakomis
    101 Opi MA RK1
    In Search of a Friendly Helpful Guild

Wistler
    53 Sol Engie RK1
    President of NFC

Catch ya planetside...

Red face =P

THere's the prob with different QL's of rocks. And do u seriously think that workshop guy would sit at Omni Ent the whole day justa dvertising that he has a work-=bench? and then he's hafta replicate Keys like nudz so poeple can go into his house?

.... u guys r a wee bit FAR FAR FAR into the future?

And dudes...... it will take Funcom 50 years to implement that! JEESE. lol

Get realistic......

Erm Nat? Just a few things.

1. How do different QL's of rocks affect it? All it has to be programmed to do is multiply the base amount of XP * the ql of the rock. No problem there. No different than having QL's on the tools used to do rocks today.

2. I wasn't proposing the idea so people can sit all day and feed rocks into it. That wouldn't be very smart to do, considering the diminished XP reward. They would never ever level. I was presenting the idea because it's a pain in the buttocks to transform a few backpacks full or carbonrich rocks into prepared program crystals by hand. Takes a lot of time.

3. Nobody would have to get into the person's apartment either. You simply take the raw materiels, go to your apartment, convert them, then go back and give the person the finished goods. Kind of like when I'm doing implants for people, and I have to run into a store so I can use the treatment booth to swap implants out for a tradeskill implant set. Same principle I think.

4. Yes, we are way far into the future. That's why this was posted in the "In progress" section, but also cross posted in the "Envisioned" section. There is nothing wrong with that, nothing at all. These are constructive ideas being presented.

5. You have no basis for saying that it will take them 50 years to implement this. Besides, if it does take that long, at least I have something to look forward to down the line

6. What do you consider realistic?

Natelie, I have seen some of your other posts, and I really liked a few of your ideas. I think that for a newcomer you have a pretty good handle on how the game goes. But if you keep posting like this, putting down others' ideas, I'm gonna have to call you a troll. Not yet, mind you, but if this keeps up...

Remember: Constructive criticism. Not rants or complaints.

Catch ya planetside.
    Nakomis
    101 Opi MA RK1
    In Search of a Friendly Helpful Guild

Wistler
    53 Sol Engie RK1
    President of NFC

Catch ya planetside...