Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How about a /duel command?

Bump
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Ok, so I bump my own thread, big deal....

Originally posted by Meligant
    Ah. I like the idea but I think the following would be better supported by current tech.

1. 2 players that want to duel enter a "team" together.

2. Either one of them uses the "Duel Terminal" and they will get a key each (that can not be copied).

3. Duelers enter arena zone and it sends them to "THEIR" arena for the length of the battle. If either one of them dies the keys kill delete (mission complete).

4. The keys only last 5 minutes so you don't get much time to mess around before you need to get in the arena.

**I see the need to add new coding to prevent the coping of arena keys and to code the new arena zones.

**If FC was really interested they could make it one big zone with an observation deck. They keys would send the combatants to one of the "pits" to fight (least 40 by 40 in size).

I like the /duel idea but it sounded like a lot of coding compared to leveraging the current "key code" that is in the game. I guess we could also add that "remove buffs" code to the zone requirements of the arena.

Does this "work" better?
    Even tho I hate duels... Sounds very nice. Both of the suggestions really, but this one would make it more believable.
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

bump

i'm all for duels, mainly in an arena system, so you can test your 1-on-1 PVP skills with no outside interference, current system encourages ganking

team duels would be awesome too, that to me would be an extremely exciting matchup, a full 6 man team dueling another 6 man team, would involve a ton of strategy that u can never get fighting muties...

the ideal would be an arena system, where an audience could observe the entire duel, with main arena where titled duelers would duke it out to see which Rookie will lose their title and who will advance or where teams duel it out, side pits where some untitled lowbies duke it out, etc.

system would have to include dedicated channels, complete with lvl 50-65 clanners looking to duel omni, a schedule of duels, lvl 150+ looking for duel...you get the picture.

Smile

Oh .. i really like the idea to duel in the middel of Tir

*bump*

someone try mailing this to the suggestions thing
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2

Originally posted by SuupaSayen
    *bump*

someone try mailing this to the suggestions thing
    Hehe.. I save my sarcasm and buff the thread instead

Cosmik, CZ, one of you guys think you could bring this up to the devs?

Xera
    Xeraseus

Why do I keep playing? *edit* disreguard, ditched this game *edit*

Why Can't Chown Save?

Biding my time until the time is right........

I'd love this idea. Wouldn't be that hard to put in place either.

One of the coolest features of Jedi Knight 2 is you can challenge people to duel's and no one can interfere with it.
    Fausto Biggfoo Clyburn

Are you some kind of robot? And if so what kind of powers do you have? Do you use them for Good? or for Awesome?

mm

25% zones like 2ho is a place of war so in places like that u should b albel to attack/kill all omnis u c.... (im a claner)

but i like the thing about duel comande so u can use it outside 25% zones.

Tolbat lvl 110 Atrox NT

mm MK2

ok in the arena this would rock... cous in the arena u dont want som 1 to gank u..
    the arena isent about war its claners training....

but in 2ho and mmd its war

Tolbat lvl 110 atrox NT

All i can say is...BUMP! Well thought out idea, now if only cosmik would read this../pray

Bump to request a Dev comment please.

Originally posted by Meligant
    Bump to request a Dev comment please.
    Just a thought, if someone actually post this into the suggestions forum, maybe someone will see it.

Don't think anyone from FC actually looks in this thread since it's usually most whineing. (Not in this thread, but the PVP Conflict 'forum').
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

Originally posted by Sjoko

Just a thought, if someone actually post this into the suggestions forum, maybe someone will see it.

Don't think anyone from FC actually looks in this thread since it's usually most whineing. (Not in this thread, but the PVP Conflict 'forum').
    Good point...I shall replant it.

Xeraseus

Why do I keep playing? *edit* disreguard, ditched this game *edit*

Why Can't Chown Save?

Biding my time until the time is right........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12