Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How about a /duel command?

How about a /duel command?

Just a suggestion for what a /duel command should look like (when Funcom implement it at patch 29.8)

Condition for using /duel:

-cannot be in a fight
    -cannot be in a vehicle
    -cannot be in fly mod
    -have to be able to target each other (in range)

How to us it:

Target the guy you want to duel, type /duel and wait for the opponent to target you and type /duel.

After that both players will enter a 10 seconds count down before they can start bashing each other.

Special conditions for /duel:

-You can duel in any outdoor environment regardless of gas level

-NPC guards will not interfere with dueling

-Monsters will still aggro (if they aggro normally)

-First one who zones or dies lose, and his/her PvP rank is reduced accordingly (duel will end automatically and both sides cannot attack each other again)

-No outsider can cast nanos or use any object (such as first aid kit) on a person in a duel.

-Only the person you duel will be able to attack you in 75% and 100% zone (25% and 0% still follow normal PvP rules, ie others can gank you)

-Normal level restriction still apply, ie you cannot /duel a person whose level is too low or too high relative to yours.

wildcards:

-f: friendly duel, the winner will not gain PvP rank and the loser will not lose PvP rank.

-s: self buffs only, all outside buffs will be terminated when both sides initiate a duel.

-n: no buffs, all buffs will be terminated when both sides initiate a duel.

sounds like bliss
    phonokol - geremi - dousk - matica [apoc]

I have to say, that sounds pretty damn good. Nothing would be nicer than to be able to shut up some $#%# who is talking crap in the middle of Tir.

I'd really like to see this "looked in to"

bah, what am I thinking. Would be great though.

Xera

p.s.- instead of having the /dual replied to with another /dual, I'd like to see it where the box pops up like when you're invited to an org and it explains the type of dual you've been challenged to.
    Xeraseus

Why do I keep playing? *edit* disreguard, ditched this game *edit*

Why Can't Chown Save?

Biding my time until the time is right........

All for this

BUMP
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

Sounds good to me, I don't like duels but I don't say no if anyone want to duel me so would be cool.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

this would be soooo good =)))) PLz plz plz implement it

Very good idea sorely missing from the game. If they could get a formalized dueling system into the game, we may see less of the nonsense like MMD which is essentially dueling anyway.

So ... bump!

Ah. I like the idea but I think the following would be better supported by current tech.

1. 2 players that want to duel enter a "team" together.

2. Either one of them uses the "Duel Terminal" and they will get a key each (that can not be copied).

3. Duelers enter arena zone and it sends them to "THEIR" arena for the length of the battle. If either one of them dies the keys kill delete (mission complete).

4. The keys only last 5 minutes so you don't get much time to mess around before you need to get in the arena.

**I see the need to add new coding to prevent the coping of arena keys and to code the new arena zones.

**If FC was really interested they could make it one big zone with an observation deck. They keys would send the combatants to one of the "pits" to fight (least 40 by 40 in size).

I like the /duel idea but it sounded like a lot of coding compared to leveraging the current "key code" that is in the game. I guess we could also add that "remove buffs" code to the zone requirements of the arena.

Does this "work" better?

sounds very nice. bumpidy!

This is a freaking OUTSTANDING idea!!!!
    (although I think 20 seconds would be better, especially if you -s)

I vote for -f !!! How many times havnt I wanted to have some relaxing fun pvp without having to worry about titles... gives us the -f possibility and you will see a TON of people starting to pvp.... this will efficiently get rid of all the problems that the title system brings with it... let the serious pvp ppl fight for their titles... and let the rest of us have some fun =)

btw... cosmik could we pretty please get some comment on this? Im not asking for any confirmation that you would make somthing like this... just a little hint to what your openion is about this matter and if you think there is a slight chance we could see this implemented?

An individual arena is a good idea, though I still like /duel for the following reasons:

-No additional art work involved

-Large open space (entire zone) to play with

-No zoning involved

-You can duel in the middle of a populated area, could be fun to watch Imaging setting up a tournament in the middle of Omni-Trade or Tir...

i hate duels but ill buy this for a cred

good idea

bump even if I don't PvP very much..
    Fatal Halcyon
    Amoth
    No guild, no longer playing until (if ever) things change for the good.

Maybe a mission type system for duels until this could be implemented (seems like something that would take alot of work)? You generate your own arena and are given a key which you can copy and give to anyone. You can choose between 0% and 25%. Something like this doesnt seem too hard to me.

lol.. like jk2
    Nitex - lvl 184 trader
    Etin - lvl 191 ma
    Etinx - lvl 196 doctor

I'm not one for PvP, but this is a nice idea

I would think it should only be available inside an arena though.
    (hopefully they will add more arenas or make them bigger with spectator areas or something)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast