Thread: NGI Bid By Uncle Bazzit Foundry (Unofficial)

NGI Bid By Uncle Bazzit Foundry (Unofficial)

Uncle Bazzit Foundry Proudly Presents The Mega-Bazzitron Mk1!

We believe a robotic solution should come from a Neutral Company which cares for the People, and the Community. In that light our best technicians have been working day and night to produce, what can only be described as the complete encapsulating vision that is the deterrent to, all hostilities - with none of the fuss!

Cheap… Reliable… Above all quiet and unobtrusive, so much so you’ll hardly be aware that the Raw power of Machine is even there and on call 24/7! Choose Family… Choose Uncle Bazzit.

This is not a Prototype, this is the real deal, lock stock and two smoking plasma injected barrels!

Proposal has been sent, so rest assured, the New land City Council knows of this wondrous robotic solution to ALL your woes.

Watch this space ladies and gentlemen….

--Emmet Bazzit CEO.
    Crattyjack (RUR) - Director of Sales.
    Nashka (RUR) - Security Chief.
    Greenie01 (Devils Advocate) - Wheeler an Dealer.
    Emmet 'Bazzit' (Uncle Bazzit Foundry) - (Unofficial) CEO.
    Sightsee (The Makers Shades) - Lord.

As a resident of nearby Borealis, I'm naturally very interested in developments in the town next door, namely Newland. Is there any place that a private citizen might see an example, specs, or even a picture of the Mega-Bazzitron Mk1?

Having heard rumors that the RUR/Circle G 'bot was not entirely finished when demonstrated, and impressed by your work on token board, I look forward to seeing how the NLC handles your bid for the contract.

- Betji
    Freelance Atlantean Agent

He's just bluffing. Bazzit's got nothing, you hear me, nothing!

Dabblez
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

As much as I hate to see robots getting hurt, I can see only one way to solve the NGI bid between these two competitors.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

Originally posted by Virta
    As much as I hate to see robots getting hurt, I can see only one way to solve the NGI bid between these two competitors.
    ROBO-DROME
    Two robots go in, one robot comes out.

Was that what you were suggesting?

Dabblez

Something like that yes. I certainly was not thinking of making them play chess.

It is an unnecessary violent and bloodthirsty solution but if it has to happen that way then so be it.

*begins to chant "Two go in, one comes out"*
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

One thing has been bothering me about RUR's (and now Uncle Bazzit's) proposal for a robotic guard force. It started to bother me after hearing our representative's report on RUR's demonstration of the GuardMaster. You'll be glad to hear that it's nothing to do with the unfinished state of the RUR prototype.

Instead, I started to think about what makes the Sentinels so difficult to shift from Tir. It's not the strength of the individuals on their guard force, although that's formidable. Instead it's the sheer quality of their reclaim technology. Sentinels are back in the fray so rapidly that it's next to impossible to suppress the entire force.

Robots don't insure. Robots don't reclaim. When faced with a problem beyond their capabilities robots, as my years of experience as an Engineer attest, end up as a crumpled pile of scrap metal and a faint smell of burning.

Do either of you have any plans in place to deal with this problem? If not, then however powerful your designs are individually, an attritional strategy by an attacker will eventually reduce the guard force to the point where the town can be stormed.

Borealis Engineering Associates would like to propose a solution. Standard Engineer and Bureaucrat robots are actually created by nanobots from any handy nearby source of inorganic matter, including particulate matter in the air, dirt, the nanobots' own mass and even dead skin cells. Obviously the problem with this type of robot is that an experienced operator is required to create and control it, which is no good for an autonomous guard force.

I therefore propose an integrated defence solution: a robot guard force designed by RUR or Bazzit's Foundry (or both - there's strength in diversity) which is created and maintained by a network of emitters in and around Newland which monitor the robots, repair and maintain them and, in the event of a robot's destruction, cannibalise its mass to quickly build a replacement. Essentially a reclaim system for the city's robots.

Of course, although this shores up the system it introduces a new point of weakness, the emitters themselves. However with the recent introduction of tower technology this need not be a problem, as the emitters can easily be given a self-defence capability and essentially become a part of the guard force.

Borealis Engineering Associates welcomes enquiries from either or both participants regarding the implementation of this technology.

Soyuz,
    Director of civil engineering, B.E.A.

Originally posted by Virta
    Something like that yes. I certainly was not thinking of making them play chess.

It is an unnecessary violent and bloodthirsty solution but if it has to happen that way then so be it.

*begins to chant "Two go in, one comes out"*
    Skybert pictures two robots fighting eachother
    Kinda like cyborgs, I guess. Cyborgs is bloodthirsty, and allways fight. Maybe someone could hire Cyborgs as guards?

Or maybe not. Cyborgs are not the brightest things around.

Lemme tell you a story about cyborgs!

The other day, I was out in the woods, minding my own buisniss, when these four cyborgs jumped me! I'd say they were bloodthirsty and all, screaming things at me "Boot connects to bottom, face connects to ground" Whatever that mean, I'm sure it's a taunt. Besides, they had weapons and were shooting at me and all!

So I took Rusty, my trusted beam.. no waitaminute... where DID I put that good ol' beam? So, er.. forget I saud anything aboutt he beam. I took this big ol' insect mandible and did what I do best. So, with the five of them attacking me, I stood ground and begun giving out pain! Needless to say, one hits the ground. Clearly, they've been outnumbered by me. They saw their friend die, and should know they've been outnumbered! But did they run away?

No.

They kept shooting at me. That makes me so angry. So I killed another one. Now three of the six cyborgs were dead, but they were still not running away! I tell you! Cyborgs are stupid!

After killing a bunch more of these things, the last one said I was beeing stupid because I could talk. Or something like that. But I said HE was the stupid one. But then he killed me, so I couldn't talk to him no more.

But...eh.... what was I tryin'a say?
    Skybert stops to think for a while

RIGHT!

Cyborgs are quite the stupid ones! Good thing robots and pets are not built by the same stuff as cyborgs! That would be bad.

Betji,

I am surprised you haven't seen pictures of the Mega-Bazzitron yet. There are >>> POSTERS <<< for this bot all over Newland City.

I still say its all bluff and bluster. I very much doubt Bazzit has put together anything to match the GuardMaster G.

Dabblez