Thread: A Personal Apocalypse(A grotesque twist of fate)

A Personal Apocalypse(A grotesque twist of fate)

"Your husband disappeared Engelen. We have no trace of him, but we are saddened to say that we assume, that he after a year..is gone."

A False Comfort. Men in black suits, covered up by dark glasses to hide their eyes, to hide the truth.

"Truth. When someone with power tells you the Truth, its nothing but a lie, to cover up the real truth. Once you see the truth behind the lie, you`ll wish it was a lie after all, because IF someone chooses to hide the truth...they always have a damn good reason for doing it. Stay away from the truth."

My husbands words.

It all rang thru me as I wirecutted the fence into the Omni-Headquarters zone. Carefully looking around, I stopped to listen between every cut. Eventually, the fence gave in, and I pushed it carefully aside to slip in.
    It had been no problems sneaking past the guards. Even taking out one of the guards cold so that I could get a working keycard was rather easy. The surrounding fog made it even easier to be in disguise, and it hadnt taken me long to reach the entrance to the Omni-Tek Biochem Lab.

I reached the doors, and drew my keycard thru the computer.

"...........biiiip!"

Doors open. Coast Clear.

I was in.

The first floor was sterile. A Shiny marble floor with a giant red nuclear symbol with a Omni-Tek logo in the back, grey walls and dimmed lightning all told me that this was off limit for public rats. Too bad I was one of those rats. A few computers buzzing and working, their harddrives indicated that this place was full of ghosts working. I went over to the reception desk, and found the map over the building. I had to find it. Trailing my finger from the entrance hall, downwards into the sublevels, I found my destination.

Population Database Room

I went over to the elevator, and pressed the button. It came up and opened the doors with a light wheeze. I entered it, and pressed the button to get down to the floor, and the elevator closed its doors with the same wheeze, before it moved slowly downwards..underground.

"What are you doing down here Engelen....turn around"
    The voice in my head was pretty damn clear in its tone. I should have turned back, walked away, it would be the best thing to do. Let it rest. But I couldnt. I had to know. I had to know what happened with my Lsnake, no matter the cost.
    The lift stopped, and opened its doors. I stepped out and came into a darkened room, filled with archives. Quickly I made my way past the mountains of cabinets, deeper in, following the letters all the way to.."L"
    I stopped, and looked up the drawers.
    "LA-LE...LF-LK...LL-LP...LQ-LT...there. There it is"
    I opened the drawer and flipped thru the folders until I found it.
    "Salvador Lsnake Caldon"
    I felt my eyes get itchy, and my vision got blurry when I opened the folder with shaking hands. His personalia, all his details. Agent Lsnake, serving Omni-Tek for over a year. Bloodtype...Eyes...hair...DNA code..it was all here. Suddenly my eyes caught something strange, and I felt a chill over my body.
    "Current Status: Dead(Cleaned)
    Location: Isolated Queen Room (Warning, off limit to all personell)"

Queen Room..? What the...I checked the map. In the basement, a small room called 1: Queen was marked with a "OFFLIMIT" marking over.
    Grabbing the folder, pushing it towards my chest I ran back to the lift. Pushing the button 1, I looked around me as the lift slowly moved further down..far down into the deep of the underground system...till it stopped with a metallic clang.
    I was there, floor one. The lowest part of the building. The air was all sharp and dense, like a room drained of air and replaced with some kind of breathable gas.
    I went out of the elevator slowly and came into a semented room, barred with bolted steelbarriers, and locked.

"Whats this, a nuclear bunker?" The room looked as if it could have taken a tank in full force. A big red Warning poster was put up on the wall:

"!WARNING! The following rules is required to follow:
    1: A minimum of 5 Employees have to enter at the same time!
    2: A minimum of 2 Employees is needed outside!
    3: Never enter without being fully shielded and armored with fully automatic guns, and acid gas!
    4: In case of any trouble, Call Alarm, Seal the Room and Evacuate!"

Right. Rules. I opened the door, and a hiss of thick gas came out, forcing its way in my airways. I coughed and gasped to regain my breath. The Stench was unbearable.
    "Christ....what is this..."
    I entered the room carefully. It was laid in darkness, except for a few rusty lamps in the roof. The whole floor, the walls, the roof, it was covered with some kind of slimy substance. I held for my mouth not to throw up, it smelled horrible. Slowly walking down the hallway, I looked around me nervously and disgusted. Small rooms with dirty, bloody beds, sheets splattered with a mixture of slime and blood on the floor. I had seen much, but this was so disgusting..I felt transfixed and at the same time I wanted to run away now.

[Sir. We got Code Red. Major Crisis. Intrusion into Lab in HQ]

I couldnt. I looked down the hallway. Dozens of small rooms, all empty, and just as gruesome. Something wrong had happened here. Something not human.

[Take her out]

The Rooms...names...I gave a little cry as I saw his name on a room. The Bed was empty. The sheets was bloody.

Hun.....

The tears started running down my cheeks as I started running deeper inside the room, until I came to a rusty door with a small window. I peeked thru it.

[Affirmative Sir, She has been using the lift. We are going down.]
    [Shoot her and cover it up Captain. We got a major crisis on our hands. Damn her! I knew she would cause trouble! That Son of..KILL HER!]

A bed was tipped over, the room seemed to be covered with thick, slimy substances, a deep green-yellow fog covering the ground, and in the back of the room..there was something. Or Someone. Whatever it was, it was alive.

Holy...someone is alive in there! I gotta..
    I unlocked the four locks on the door and pushed away the steel barrier strengthening it, and slowly opened it. A wall of sick smell hit me, and I threw up on the floor.

Get..a..grip..
    I dryed my mouth, but I felt the horrible smell erupting my stomach like a volcano. Carefully I took my pocketlight, and lighted it.

I Screamed. I threw up again.

Piles of human bodies laid on the floor, with big holes in their heads and their brains sucked out. I turned around with my hand over my mouth and stepped out when I heard a low frequent hiss come from the back of the room.

I turned around to look back into the room, and screamed in horror when I saw what was inhabitating it.

God...help me
    A horribly twisted, malevolent and enormous looking Enigma Queen, slowly moved across the room towards me. She lifted her long thin arms towards me and suddenly hissed in a high frequent tone.

I screamed. I ran. I ran for my life as I realized it all. My husband wasnt missing...he had found the truth. The Enigma. Omni-Tek. The Connection between them. Everything...wrapped up..in a grotesque answer. The Queen was slow but I saw how she started to get up speed, so I ran from her and closed up to the elevator.

[We`re down]

....Ding!
    The Elevator opened its doors, and five heavily armored Armed Forces Soldiers ran out, with their Zastaba`s in their hands and their plexiglass shields.
    "There she is! Shoot!"
    I jumped into one of the small rooms as they pressed the trigger. In One Split Second time stopped as the bullets left the chamber, as they flew thru the air and missed me with a hairstraw.
    "Surrender now and we`ll make it fast! You are sentenced to immediate Execution!"
    I sat silently in a pool of blood and slime, my tears falling like a waterfall.

Suddenly..
    "OH MY GOD! SHE IS LOOSE! THE QUEEN! WAAAAAHHH SHOOT HER!"
    The soldiers started shooting like mad against the approaching Queen, but it only made her faster and she threw her self onto the group of soldiers. Their screams chilled my bones when the queen penetrated their helmets and their skulls with her long claws.

Thats when I ran. As the queen was mutilating and feasting on the group of helpless soldiers I ran out of my cell, and ran straight past her, but I ripped my shirt as I passed one of the cells and I started bleeding. I couldnt stop, I reached the steeldoor and passing it. I slammed it shut, and ran into the elevator, holding my wound while riding the elevator up to freedom.

You can do it..

....Ding!

And I was there. I rushed out of the elevator, ran over the marble floor and out the door. As I exited, I saw soldiers coming out of the exit to Trade, and I ran down to the hole in the fence that I had made, slipping past it and jumping into the water.

Free.

Next Day
    I hadnt slept, I hadnt eaten, I was just shaking and crying, afraid. I logged into one of the news terminals, and read the daily news. With my first smile for days, I read:

"FIVE SOLDIERS AND ONE CIVILIAN DEAD IN ACCIDENT! OMNI-TEK NOW HAS THE SITUATION UNDER CONTROL!"

The blood. The shirt. They thought I was dead...

I smiled as I read it again, secured. Only one last thing left, taking down the man responsible behind it all.
    I'm a runaway train on a broken track,
    I'm a ticker on a bomb that you can't turn back this time,
    that's right, I got away with it all and I'm still alive

((Great story!))

Good luck with your quest, Engelen. I hope, somehow, you find your husband again.
    Zhik

War is not its own end, except in some catastrophic slide into absolute damnation. It's peace that's wanted. Some better peace than the one you started with.
    Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Vor Game", 1990

54.76190476190476% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?

He`s gone

At least I know what happened....what I feared so long ago. It all makes sense you know. He went out to the Enigma forest so much in the end, he was on to something. I found his belongings on the outskirts of the forest, and Omni-Tek claimed he never existed. It all makes sense, that he was killed to prevent anyone from learning the truth. I have this feeling that this is Omni-Tek`s way to get rid of any evidence. Even though I`m not quite sure its authorized from highest power, even for Omni-Tek this seems too obscure.

It was Lsnake who suspected the connection between The Enigmae and Omni-Tek after he had investigated Agent Lamb. It was he who founded the basis of my further investigation of the Enigmae(Previous found in The Enigma Case).

So it didnt surprise me that in the end, my husband`s death was a work between Omni-Tek(To wipe him out) and The Enigma(Most likely genetically altered, the Queen`s aggresive and otherworldly behaviour doesnt match with the Enigma we "see".)

I have to find the man who organized my husband`s death. Only then I can rest assured that my husband will rest in peace, and that I am clear.

As it is now,
    I`m a hidden fugitive. As long as Omni-Tek believes I`m dead and doesnt check my identity, I`m safe. If they do, I have to kill the last man who knew I saw the truth.

Originally posted by Engelen
    As it is now, I`m a hidden fugitive. As long as Omni-Tek believes I`m dead and doesnt check my identity, I`m safe. If they do, I have to kill the last man who knew I saw the truth.
    In that case, I never saw you or heard of you, okay? The last thing I want to do is find the fearsome Engelen waiting for me around some dark corner one night.

Good luck on your hunt. I sure as heck wouldn't want to be in the shoes of the man you're looking for...
    Zhik

War is not its own end, except in some catastrophic slide into absolute damnation. It's peace that's wanted. Some better peace than the one you started with.
    Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Vor Game", 1990

54.76190476190476% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?

Thank you Zhik. You know what they say:

"The Most Dangerous person is the one with nothing left to loose"

Although I`m 100% I`ll never see the responsible behind Lsnake`s death, I finally know the truth, even though I wish it was a lie.

Guess my husband was right.

Sometimes you dont want to find the truth.

My apologies for what has happened Engelen. But as promised a while back when you helped me getting some equipment...

If you need a helping hand or anything like that. I will be here to help you.

[ooc: kinda tied up IRL atm so I won't be around for 1 more week but otherwise... shout when you need me ]
    Psyblade - level 191 Keeper
    General of the Regulators

Beyond the senses is the mind, and beyond the mind is reason, its essence
    Beyond reason is the Spirit in man, and beyond this is the Spirit of the universe
    the evolver of all

- Mascaro 65

!@#%$%^%^*&!$#!@#@%#$&&^*^#$^#@^#$^&#^#@^%$%^#$%^@ #$%@#$^%$#@%^#$%^@#$^%@ Initiating Secure Transmission***

I have information about your husband's whereabouts. All is not lost. My contact, Ms. Price, has some interesting information about the "truth". I am on my way to meet with her now. It seems that Paige overheard some Omni guards bragging about filing some false reports for a few extra perks and...

***End Secure Transmission%$#%^$&%^#@%@#$^#@#$%$#^%$^&%&^*^##$%# ^$^$#&$%&#%^&#$&#$%&^#%^&#$%^#$%^$#%^#$%&^$#%&