Thread: Restructure of pvp

Restructure of pvp

I think pvp needs a total overhaul, its own patch. hell hold back the fixer patch and throw us some more bones for all i care. So anyway here is what i think needs to happen

1. Add objective play to pvp. Small forts/outposts/guard stations are placed throughout "warzones" (everyone can see we are headed for a war its obvious it will happen so this addition would even be good for story enhancement.) In cities PVP mission terminals (give them a red look or something) hand out disks to be inserted in computers within these outposts. by inserting these items the bases will swich sides, activate defenses, whatever is appropriate. They could pop items on the ground in an intilation that must be retrieved and taken back to the terminal or another base. These terminals could purposly send people to the most recently taken instilations and in effect bring people together for pvp without having to mill around mmd waiting for a fight. You would move as a unit with your friends taking objectives and encountering oposition.

Npcs around outposts could be scaled for the levels of players that should be in that zone and maybe far less hp (bout the same as a pc) and only give say 25exp so they arent a viable source of exp but are a adding factor to the fight.

2. Reduce the pvp death downtime to zero. this would make it so that if you did die, your only downtime would be to rebuff and get back from the nearest scanner to the battle field. Elimitate the dull part of pvp, the part where you sit around doing squat.

3. Bring damage back to 100% in pvp. Along with zero downtime this makes outside buffing less of a problem because if you die fast and get back into the fight just as fast there is almost no point to consistently outside buff because you arent planning on staying alive forever most of the time. whereas now people avoid dying over anything else.

4. Add level restrictions over lvl 75. Lets face it, even the current damage cap doesnt make it fun for anyone around lvl 75 when a person lvl 200 can still essentially intsa kill them at will. level restrictions over 75 need to be put in place.

5. Give proffessions specific pvp abilities my example......

Add a new status to a pvp death "Wounded" this status would go active when a person is taken to zero hp in pvp the person falls over in the death animation but may remain there, unable to move or fight with all buffs intact. Doctors are given a new nano line "Field Recovery" dependant on the level this would stand the wounded person back up and give them hp and nano back, the amount dependent on the QL of the nano the doc is using. If a doc where not around to recover the wounded the player could in turn hit the /terminate command and pop at a reclaim terminal. For people concerned with title putting a person into wounded status could be the factor for getting title points not the actual final death.

with abilities like that given to proffessions for pvp it allows for different roles to be played much like classic games like team fortress. Fixers would be like scouts, fast moving objective clamers. Soldiers and enforcers could work as guards keeping people away from the objectives. Agents could finaly be the snipers they dreamed of being when they bought the game. Docs could be docs without being criticized for healing players on thier side. Traders become the joe blow with a shotgun they should have been before they became pvp gods. Engineers could be given nanos that create low hp stationary pets (automated defense guns)

there are so many things that can be done to pvp to make it more fun. it should be a major part of a patch in the near future..

Melbringi 92 Clan Fixer RK2

big fan of 100% damage

IN my opinion..to limit damage output is a NERF!!!!! 100% damage all the way!!! No PvP recovery!!

And get rid of titles...add a win/loss system or a seperate merit PvP board or something. Titles = gay cuz it makes title huggers like that crit buffed POS Swif.

100% damage ALL THE WAY!!
    -----------------------------------------------------
    THE GROUP POWER IS MINE!
    ----------------------------------------------------
    I don't need you, YOU need ME!

I am sure you would love that a Aimed Shot and Full Auto instakills you. heheeh. Full damage has been proved to not be a good idea.
    ~Lone

I have pvpd at around level 120 with 100% damage and I would rarely be killed instantly by a full auto/aimed shot. I think it would be a great idea. If they don't get their instakill off, they are screwed. 100% damage is great for pvp, so is no downtime

with zero pvp downtime even if you did get insta killed it wouldnt matter a whole lot, specially if titles where scrapped like they should be.

Fullauto, aimed shot and the all time favourite dimache!
    100% dmg is cool but it puts the true combat proffesions far above all the others in pvp.

A dimache and a brawl basically instakills anyone cept high lvl enforcers.

I want to see NO SAFE ZONES in PvP areas.

The only thing these "pockets" of safe zones do is promote ganking and duel type PvP. Everyone sits inside the safe pocket waiting for a chance to jump out and gank a target, or they sit there and only come out when offered a 1 on 1 duel.

I also want it so you can't put on a yalm while the PvP timer is ticking down.
    Yalms destroy the whole point of having PvP zones. The fun of "controlling" an area is denying access to the enemy. Denying access does not mean ganking grid zoners, but it DOES mean that you shouldn't be able to run away in a yalm.. You should have to fight your way out.