Thread: Searching for the lost...

Searching for the lost...

"Looks like some bad weather" Mumbled Raijou as he picked up his pack and began to walk to the shelter of a nearby rock formation.

He starter a fire in the small cave and found a rock to use as a table, just as the wind and rain grew stronger.

"This will take to long...we must hurry..." He spoke to no one in particular as he scanned a map of Rubi-Ka. "I think that I'll start with Newland Desert, I know of a few places that could hide a small group of people." Raijou leaned back against the stones that formed his temporary shelter, and sighed, "I'm worried that it may already be too late...but I must at least try..."

As the storm continued to rage, He again turned to his maps.

"Well, I know I can't cover this entire place by myself."

Without looking away from his maps, he began to speak to someone on his comm, "I can't stand by and watch as nothing happens, I think I'm going to get some supplies and start searching."

He listened to the other individual for a moment, and as he did his face became less tense.

"I knew that we would agree," He paused and listened again, "so you think the others will be willing to search as well?"

He again seemed more relieved.

"Do you think that some of the other organisations might be willing to provide their assistance?"

He then placed a scrap of paper next to his maps and began to write a list of supplies he might need.

"I should have known you already had these ideas."

He grinned.

"I will try and find some more information about where she might be, and who would benefit the most if she did not survive."

He wrote some other supplies on his list.

"Thanks again, and so begins my search for Ms. Dwemse"

As he put away his maps and supply list, the storm began to clear.

"I hope that there is still time..."

Raijou then went to prepare for his searching, wondering how many would help, by searching with them, or by providing information. No matter, even against the odds, he set out to find Ms. Amahnda Dwemse...
    "Chariots strong, horses fast, troops valiant, weapons sharp--so that when they hear the drums beat the attack they are happy, and when they hear the gongs sound the retirement they are enraged.He who is like this is strong."
    -Chang Yu ,author of a commentary of Sun Tzu's 'The Thirteen Chapters'

Clicks off her comm unit and stares up at the twisted vision of the suns over Adonis.

"Time to go home." She says allowed to herself. "If I'm going to spend the afternoon on my comm, I'm going to need a hot cup of tea or eight."

Shifting her pack onto her sholders and tightening the straps, Falikos clicks on a private channel to her advisor.

"Yes, Raijou will be leading a team through the desert, but we'll need back up and coordination."

Lines creases her brow as she listens to the voice.

"I am going yeah."

Her expression relaxes to resignation.

"Fine, fine, I'll take a guard with me. You're a pain you realize that right? I dont need a.. " Laughter spills out of her. "I said fine."

"Gather everyone up and let them know we'll be starting searches soon, anyone able. When I get there I'm going to put in a call and see if anyone has anyone free to cover ground more quickly. We'll find her, I just hope it's in time."

Breaks into a run across the snowy terrain, an insignia cluched in her hand.

"I'll beep you when I get back to town. .... No.. no I haven't seen him since the attack, he's still recovering. We'll have to be careful, I don't want anyone else to suffer like that... anyway, I'll shout when I'm back to Borealis, can't talk and run."

Sets her comm to idle and slows approaching a shrine. Touching the insignia to the stone, she vanishes, leaving behind only footprints.
    President - Shattered Dreams- Rimor