Thread: gun combat

gun combat

maybe funcom should redo the combat system. i mean a person holding gun fighting a person with fists face to face is just weird and stupid.

my recommendation is
    - allow professions with gun as weapon to shoot and move at the same time, targetting is automatic as always, but monster has high chance to dodge the bullet when shoot while moving. and development in control the gun result in better shooting while moving.

- or when not moving, and monster get close up for melee fight, each hit from monster will result in delay of firing the gun. but players are allowed to develop fast pace melee comabat with gun in hand.

- once combat is initiated, firing should simuteniously with a hot key strike, and bullet should be made cheaper so allowing players to fire more shots.

thought, just an idea....
    have fun guys! :-D

I am a melee guy, I have to run up to you and hit you (you of course are hitting me while you are out of my range).

When you decide to run from me (and you will) You get the same disadvantage as I got when coming after you. *shrug*

In UO running and shooting made the archer the UBER pvper. All you needed was speed to play keep away (hmm does fixer come to mind)

Dont want them to make the same mistake here. (oh and archers were nerfed into the dirt for it to).

If you want to get out of the face of the mob then move after you shoot. Your timers are still running, as long as you are not moving when the attack bar is full you will hit.

Hope that helps.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Cool

i know wht you were saying, i play UO before.

my idea was just in favor to make the game look more realistic and more action, and ofcuz the whole purpose is "fun". ofcause if funcom really do that, they need to change all the combat system, in order to balance the whole idea.

for example, melee players then will be able to run faster, and use a special attack to capture the opponent, keep him from moving for a whille and force the combat into melee fight....etc

you know, MMORPG should have more exciting combat system, maybe then something like MMOAPRG will come out.....HAHAHA

kool man, peace out

I am sure you want it for more fun, but it will make pvp unbalanced to beat the bands. And when your brawl skill gets really high people DO get stunned from it for like 5 sec but 1) my weapon has a total of 8-9 seconds per swing and 2) You have to get in range to brawl.

It would be a lot "more fun" for ranged pvpers, and everyone that is melee will quit or reroll or scream on the boards til you are nerfed worse than where you started (Just look around you )

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

The additional range of of guns really does not help very much. The monster will get to you in a second no matter how far it is so basically guns are like weaker melee weapons and the only good thing about them are specials wich can end the fight before it really starts.
    -War is not about who is right, it is about who is left.

- L92 MP
    - L7 Enf

Yep, I am stricktly talking pvp.

He just wants the graphics to not look dumb (understandable).

Standing toe to toe with a mob with a nice huger long rifle *barrel sticking through the mobs chest* looks silly and I agree, but this shooting while moving thing is not cool.

ROFLOL

peace guys, just an idea

don't mean to rise a huge discussion.

anyway, if funcom put that into use, i am sure they would do something to balance pvp, then everybody will be benefit from it, more fun combat system (since you dont just stand and hit a key to fight, and another key to search the dead body)...and i said this in means to all players, not just ranged. (it's not like i don't have any melee char., you know)