Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Fix Martial Artists

lvl 182 MA here

ok...im a n00b at lvl 182 (well 8 mill from 182)

however...he really does have some valid points and some invalid ones.

first..fixers honestly really are as of right now the most gimped proffession in the game next to adv. so that point is invalid.

second: they did do an "MA" patch...but all they did was ad some dmg for us as slightly fix weapons and our fist line....

this was not enough to FIX us. i really wish funcom would take a proffession..and FIX them right the first time...not just "patch" us some.

heals: i really do believe an 8 second recharge is rediculous. 6 sec single and 4 second team would be perfect. And a higher ql team heal would be nice...i say this because it rarely..i mean rarely heals for full healing.

dimach: i can dimach 5400ish in pvm...with a 30 min down time..should be more like an agents aimed and be 10k. with 40% dmg cap on specials in pvp....5400 is enough as it ALWAYS does 40%. but..god..the 30 min recharge is so so so cheesy. makes for TONS of down time in pvp. 5-10 min would be so much more viable.

dmg: i at lvl 182 do pretty good dmg. but at my lvl that whole "damage over time" is crap. as everyone shoots/hits just as fast as me and i rarely get a 3k crit..tend to be in the 2500-2800 range..while i see most others critting for 3300-3700 that i teamwith. and brawl crits could be a tad higher. i may get a 3k brawl now and again but are usually at 2800-2900.

evades: with max evades (over 800 with RI) i do tend to evade alot more crits in pvm..but doesnt seem to make that much of a difference in pvp. i do play full def for faster heals. only have 300 in nano init. tryin to up it..but dark blue..ouch.

special attacks: i dont even use my ql 197 bwt anymore. it ALWAYS hits for the min of 400...blah in pvm..when mobs have 10k+ hp..its chump change. shen is more viable dmg wise...but a 17 min recharge is stupid...once again..keeping me out of pvp. 3 min would be better.

nano resist..he has a point..it dont work..and should be another green skill for us as we are supposed to do well against casters.

bows: i use a ql 166 reet tech venom..in pvp and i may get a 900ish crit NOW AND AGAIN..seems to rarely crit in pvp..but crits alot in pvm for 1500-1800 depending..but is slow slow slow.

It is also basically impossible for me to use a higher one. i allready have the bow implant in right arm losing 55 to str wich hurts. any other place for bow clusters hurts other skills way too much. every other proffession i team with can self equip just about any ql 200 ranged weapon they want. and the crit dmg is really low.

also...the bow i use has a .25 equip time..however it takes another at least 1 sec before it will work. and when i unequip it takes about 3 seconds before i can use fists again. and the fling recharge..i will only get 1 fling per fight.

our crash line of fist nanos that gives us a bit more dmg: lets say u get 92 more dmg....think about it..92 more dmg in pvm is paltry. i dont bother. in pvp...its 45 more...JOKE..if its 45...ad MK from a soldier..making it 11..now ad a reflect shield..making it like 2 hahahahahah. not worth it for 15 seconds of not HEALING.

ma weapons: only ones i used were parry stick (to be different..they totally suck dmg wise and are super slow..dont do it) and torture tool. the tool jams..but is near impossible to get..and i have 2 of them...both under ql 130. the 1he weapons..never used them but looking at the stats..just doesnt seem worth it to me cept for roleplay maybe.

so he had some good points..just went about stating them wrong.

Re: lvl 182 MA here

Originally posted by celestiness
    ok...im a n00b at lvl 182 (well 8 mill from 182)

STFU n00b

Muffinhunter
    200/AL 5 Clan Fixer (omg finally)
    Jadedmuffin
    81 Omni MP (on hold...man, MP's get boring fast.)
    Acknonano
    34 Clan Raidslave Doc (or at least that was the initial idea...)

i would post my gimped stats

but if u play an ma... just look at your own

for all those i missed

STFU u jackass NEWB!

You know nothing about the hardships i've endured.

oh ebay... ya anyone wanna buy my character? i'll sell it real cheap.

Wink

out of curiosity what lvl fixer do you have??
    as i'm interested to see how you can make such assumptions about our class..as so often said try and play one up to lvl 100 then come back and tell me if you still believe what you wrote.

i imagine MA's have all sorts of problems too but don't start on other classes.......tell FC....... as what makes you anymore of a priority than anyone else. And if fixer posts on fixer threads offend don't read them but do you expect evertone to only talk about what you feel is an issue....seems kinda dumb to me

you listed your points and well fair enough i have nothing to say on them but leave us fixers out of.

and if you don't want anyone commenting on your posts

STFU IN THE FIRST PLACE NOOB WANNA BE!

Re: i would post my gimped stats

Originally posted by Jason X
    but if u play an ma... just look at your own

for all those i missed

STFU u jackass NEWB!

oh ebay... ya anyone wanna buy my character? i'll sell it real cheap.
    I don't think anyone would want to buy a gimped MA

Question hm

I've also played my little MA since launch and in beta4 before that. I went for moon edges real quick since the top ones added to MA skill, I thought that was the bomb. I'd estimate that I spent about 75k IP in skills that now are useless to me: Fast attack, sneak attack, 1HE, Melee init. Add in some points in bow, bow special, riposte, sharp objects, lots of map navigation etc. Another 75k IP I'd say. So, Im reasonably gimped as well. I'm lucky enough to have QL200 implants thou and a 1k token board. Perhaps this makes the differance.

The thing is that I struggle soloing 75% missions (QL185 atm.). I have to zone against a Vet Enforcer or a Vet MA, sometimes Vet Docs if the complete heals start pouring in. I go toe to toe against all other vets. So, while you struggle with QL157 missions at 157, I struggle with QL185 missions at 143, and I have about 150k IP wasted, use a crappy old BwT, QL40 FA kits, QL160ish armour... heck I cant even cast the top MA heal yet. Also, odd thing is that I'm still skill capped, you've got 7 levels of IP spending going. Am I just lucky or you unlucky?

edit: something is strange if you struggle with 50% missions Jason. I did a QL160ish for a 6-slotbelt yesterday and it was a walk in the park, I rarely needed to heal. And my MA is far far from uber. Check your implant setup, could something be wrong there?
    Last edited by DaveDread; Apr 26th, 2002 at 07:23:39.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Re: Fix Martial Artists

I'm sick of hearing fixers, agents, and adventures complain about there class. Whatever you guys are 1000 x better than a martial artist...
    I bet there are a lot of things that the MAs need to have fixed, but if you want to come across with any kind credability you just can't start off like this... Thanks for a good laugh though, I almost spilled out my morning coffee...

Jeebus, some people's children.....

Personally, and I know this is probably just my n00bness speaking, I think you are a closed minded whiner Jason. And don't tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about because I'm not level 150+. I'm level 100, and that's close enough for now.

A little about my character....

I have gimped him sooooo bad. He was my first and only MA, started him way back when. Upped every nano line for about 50 levels, till I got wise and started upping only the necessary ones. I just hit 100, and am only just now able to cast VS with masteries, that's how bad my nano lines are. Damage wise I'm not doing too bad, especially not in PvP. I almost dropped an enforcer wielding a ql200 Longmoon, who had 5k hitpoints. I'd say that's not too bad for a 100 MA who's pretty messed up.

Maybe your implants are the problem? Or perhaps you spent too much IP on the weapons you seem to hate so much? I know that I, like Dave, attempted the road of the Burning crescent. And yes, all our weapons suck except the torture tool and the taichi. But we are still not the most broke right now. I have an adventurer who wields pistols, his primary weaponskill, and he can't do missions without a team....period. Fixers are also in teh same boat as adventurers. After 14.2, MA damage is going to be so much better than all the weapon users' damage, unless you have a trader chain wrangling the team.

As for your complaints, I have to correct you on a few of them.

1. The delay is there so we don't step on the doc's toes. We are not meant to be healers, only really meant to heal as a last resort to keep people alive. Kind of like having CPR certification. You are not a replacement for a real doctor or paramedic.

3. Dropping your aggro bar causes you to get critted less often, making it so you don't zone as often, making you able to complete missions better. As far as damage, well, that just got revamped recently, and I like it just fine myself. Any more and we'd be waaaaay too uber. We need to have reduced damage over the other classes, because we don't have to worry about buying weapons or ammo. This makes it fair. Our damage over time, however, is still excellent, almost number one. At least at my level versus 100-140 characters it is.

4. Like Dave said, we aren't supposed to use bows for more than ranged pulling. As far as breaking roots goes, my Controlled Destruction nanos break roots. How about yours? If I get rooted, I just cast my Sadness of the Willow, and poof! The root is gone. I assume that this is intended, because otherwise, you are correct, we have not way to break roots.

5. Ties in to 4. Not necessary at this time. You can get wrangled into a bow same as any other weapon.

6. Monsters have different armor and AC's. Learn a few and give it a go.

7. Damage buffs are fine the way they are. I usually keep my chain casted.

8. Give us heals that DON'T HEAL FOR MINIMUM ALL THE TIME!!!! That's all we need.

9. I take aggro because I have almost 3000 hitpoints. I can tank when needed. Not as well as an enforcer, or nearly as long, but I am a suitable substitute in a pinch.

11. Evades work to reduce crits on you by monsters. Completely dodging has nothing to do with evades.

12. Parry works fine for players, it is however admittedly bugged for Mobs. Funcom has acknowledged this, and is "looking into it". As a note to #11, parry let's you completely dodge a melee attack. I do it all the time, got the screenshots to prove it. Against anything higher than a yellow mob, I have to start dropping my aggro bar, but that is to be expected. You can't have it raised to full offensive and expect to get any reasonable defense benefits.

13. Dimach recharge needs to be at most 10 minutes. Period.

14. Nano resist should work, yes, but I dont' want to see the skill color changed. Remember adventurers getting multi range changed? Yeah, and now how many of them get that IP used back with 14.2? None. Leave colors alone.

15. If you can't PvP, then you shouldn't go into the arena. I think that with as many problems as you are claiming to have with your PvM skills, that it isn't the class that is messed up. I think it is just your character. Fix your MA, get good implants and armor, and you will be able to PvP pretty decent. Don't expect to drop everyone though.

That's all I have to say about that. It's really late, and my post is kinda jumbled in spots I know.

Catch ya planetside.
    Nakomis
    101 Opi MA RK1
    In Search of a Friendly Helpful Guild

Wistler
    53 Sol Engie RK1
    President of NFC

Catch ya planetside...

Thumbs down If this is sucking, let me suck more

)> Yeah, we suck so bad. Lemme just sit down and take a deep breath, feel the pain and anguish of having 925 self-buffed MA. Oh the agony of critting 2.2K self-buffed on mobs in missions.
    )> Wait wait, no, don't get up... nevermind that I tank well enough, and good luck taking aggro off of me in 14.2 (Crit, anyone?)
    )> Damn, we just suck so bad it's unreal. All 152 levels, pure torment, wow...
    )> Oh, by the way. We hands down outdamage most people in the high game. We dump out swappable damage types, and our only problem? Casting our highest level nanos.
    )> So, what truly IS wrong with MA's?
    )> It's difficult to cast UVC/Kali. No, not impossible. I found a way as an Atrox to do it at 198 and 199, without a GPH or a pair of Viral Eggs, so, it's just a matter of shoving out the levels now. Not really in the mood anymore to do 5 missions a day for a level and a half, and have it slow down to half a level a day.
    )> 1HE does quite nice average damage, and crits very respectably. So, what's wrong with it? The improved Taichis are broken, that's what's wrong. The regular ones suck golf balls through thirty feet of garden hose compared to our corrected fists.
    )> Our attacks are nice (Except Angel of Night), only problem I find on them is the lockdown period. Flower of Life works - just look for a new one if yours doesn't work, the old ones are broken, and the new ones aren't. Which disturbs me actually, that there is no parent object to modify and fix them all...
    )> Recharge on heals? Yeah, it sucks, but I'll deal. My major bi-otch is the minimum healing on them. Raise that and keep the recharge the same, or maintain the same range and lower the recharge.
    )> Nano Resist... not gonna touch it with a ten foot pole. Let's just say I feel sorry for NT's not pinging nanos off of their u83r resist potential, seeing as they should be able to repel quite a few of them. But, like evades, it's just another 'miracle' check (a lot like Conceal/Perception are going to work).
    )> All of these things and more I will deal with in my own time. Just fix Adventurers, and do something for NT's and Fixers, particularly NT's. I've gotten enough loving for now, spread it out to others who need it MORE than I do.
    )> MA's are quite well outfitted as of now, especially if we latch onto some good bracers.
    )> Don't complain that your steak is a little bit underdone, when the guy at the next table is gnawing on a raw fish.

---
    "I'm fluent in four dialects of Nerd, you think that'll get me a job?"
    - Me, in a random conversation with a friend.
    ---
    "I really don't think you want to get into a pissing contest with me. I say 'screw distance' and aim at your shoes."
    - Etsuko Kurokuni; Elf... Mercenary... B**ch... Perhaps my favorite Shadowrun character ever.

STFU Jorji, you n00b.

Btw, Jason X is totally right. My Über lvl 111 fixer will kick all of your asses.

/me hands back the pipe to Jason

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Talking MA's r perfect.

*Giggles*

Aye... only 4 words:

We Can't Have It All.

We r fixed, we are balanced. We are gods perfection.

I'm happy with MA class. =P

Ma, lvl 69, with a Flag of Sacrifice
    (incase u guys call me a noob)

Tho.... adding nun-chukas wouldn't hurt...would it? heh....

woot! he called me a newb!!!!! yay!

jasonx, the least reasonable person ever?
    jasonx, blacksnows biggest customer
    jasonx, cant solo a 50% mission when others lower than him can solo missions higher
    jasonx, chief STFU shouter
    jasonx, if they dont agree, call them a newb.

sorry, just thinking of titles for my new film, its about a retard who finds an escape from the cruel world in on line games.... till someone shows him how to work the boards...
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

I have a feeling the Jason X, the original poster, is a "Hammer-wielder" from days-past and is angry with the change. Just about every MA I've seen, myself included, are fairly happy with the recent changes (not that we're fixed, but in fairly decent shape!).

The only folks I've seen who are downright *angry* are the folks that used to hammer-punch mobs to death in 3 seconds, and now it takes them 20!

So, Jason X, going to tell us what your 2hb weapon skill is?

Provisioner

Gene called me a n00b

/me is happy now
    /me scampers about the room shrieking "im a n00b" at the top of her lungs

/me runbuffs herself and dissapears
    Queen of the Ninjas

Slyyk - MUHAHAHA! Old Fixers never die, they just take a different grid exit.

Cosmik - And don't worry, Jorji. We've got FC love for everyone. It's stockpiled and going out the door.

Jorji's art page (some mature content )

zomg she finally got myspace lawls

Re: Fix Martial Artists

I'm sick of hearing fixers, agents, and adventures complain about there class. Whatever you guys are 1000 x better than a martial artist...

/flamer ON

I stopped reading this post after this paragraph. Your a fool, and anything you say cant be worth hearing. Fixers are the MOST gimped prof in the game. always have been. If you think otherwise, your a MORON.

/flamer OFF
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Re: u are

the biggest moron in the world... please do not reply to my posts again... u can take yer 143 ma and shove it up your a$$... u have no idea what you are talkin about...
    and again he shows his ignorance to the world. Your just a fvckup.

Click to email me

Re: for the rest of u jackasses

STFU newbs
    And you must be a Newb as well. If you can make these outlandish remarks. Id be willing to bet you are a HUGE HUGE looser who just started last week and played for 168 hours STRAIUGHT to get your MA where he is, because you have nothing else to do in your life.

You NOOB!

Click to email me

Re: when did i ever

they need to fix us... you know how sick and tired i am of zoning in and out of missions because i can't handle a 50% mission...

If you cant solo a 50% missoin, you suck. You screwed up somewhere on your character. Go back to Backyard and start over you noob.
    Last edited by Turin; Apr 28th, 2002 at 16:44:18.

Click to email me

bump, i dont want anyone to miss this
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

Re: i would post my gimped stats

And you know about the hardships anyone else has endured? Please quit with the angst routine... you're just embarassing yourself now.

Bottom line, Jason... MAs aren't "perfect", but we're one hell of a lot better off than you paint us. There are other classes WAY desperately in need of attention, and frankly I think it is ludicrous for MAs to cry when clearly Fixers need attention more.

I'll also point out that the maturity level of your posts pretty much insures that Funcom (like the rest of us) will pay little attention.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast