Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Fix Martial Artists

Fix Martial Artists

I'm sick of hearing fixers, agents, and adventures complain about there class. Whatever you guys are 1000 x better than a martial artist...

These complaints are from lvl 150+ martial artists, i'm currently 157 and my only real use is being a low light scope

1)Fix the delay on our healing nanos
    2)Give us martial attacks that work and are practical for combat not ones that require 15 mins to use again
    3) increase our critical damage make our damage comparable to everyone elses. I really don't care about being able to slide down my aggro bar to be able to swing just as fast, because it takes me then another 10 seconds to heal
    4) make bows better, i have a schyler and it's a pathetic excuse for a bow and it's the best one i can get. If you aren't going to let martial artist break roots, give us something we can use to defend ourselves.
    5) give martial artist a huge bow buff so we can actually equip these bows
    6) remove the bugs with the fist damage line, i do more damage without a fist buff on me than not
    7) increase the time again on the ultra damage buffs and remove the nano inoperation period, frankly having that is a sick joke
    8) give us better heals or atleast an enlighten aura team heal
    9) why do martial artist have certain nano lines, like the obvious give 100 life/nano line, and the taunting line, the last thing in the world a martial artist wants is to get aggro
    10) make evades more effect for martial artist, give them chances to dodge attacks all together
    11) martial artist weapons, wow, please fix them, make them do more damage, make it so we can do fist and dual wield them like intended
    12) parry and monsters, do they always have to parry our attacks, i miss more often than every other class and my attack usually exceeds all others
    13) dimach, please dimachs recharge should not be 1/2 hr, compared to full autos and bursts, what funcom are you afraid that martial artist might be able to do some damage, GOOD, let us have our fun.
    14) make nano resistance work, and make nano resistance green for martial artists since we are suppose to be the bane to nano casters
    15) pvp, HELP!

i have lots more but i'm sure your are as sick of reading this as i am typing it. These are all valid points and they should not go ignored as always. Funcom you really need to fix the martial artist, too many are leaving the game and rerolling. It didn't have to be this way

Re: Fix Martial Artists

Originally posted by Jason X
    I'm sick of hearing fixers, agents, and adventures complain about there class. Whatever you guys are 1000 x better than a martial artist...
    A comedian

oh by-the-way, once your at it make me a list for the NTs and Adventurers aswell, im to lazy
    Operation impending doom 2 seems to have started with patch 15.6.5
    12.6 first contact, 14.6 second attempt, 16.6 Invasion of the gabber bots ?
    Old and bitter player, currently playing: Justincase GA4 wearing phix0r
    Originally posted by Cz
    I already saw this thread, but refrained from answering due to the pleasant show of confidence from Lumin.
    Sing a song for FunCom

Um... can I have some?

... of whatever it is you're smoking?

1) Our healing nano delay is necessary for playbalance. That's why its there... and why it shall remain. We're not healers.
    2) Ever hear of Blessed with Thunder? Hell, Flower of Life rocks (if you can find a non-broken one, admittedly).
    3) Comparable to everyone else? Um, that would be a nerf. I'm only 83, yet I crank out damage at an alarming rate (brawls for 1500, crit punches for 1000+).
    4) Admitted, bows suck. However, I don't believe they should be as powerful as machine guns. Yes, they could tweak them, but this should be about item 10637 on their "todo list".
    5) Um... why? They are our tertiary weapon, for cryin' out loud.
    6) I certainly have not found this to be true. Have you ever actually sat down and done a parse to prove your whine?
    7) The "crash of thunder" line works just fine as it is. You get a big pulse of damage for a short term... the nano inop period is damn short, and more of an inconvenience than anything. Sheesh.
    8) Better heals? Perhaps we should just get to equip doc nanos and cast them 2x as fast, would that work for you? Sheesh, the sequel.
    9) Actually, in any team without a real tank (enforcer, soldier) I DO want agro... better me than the doc/agent/fixer/etc.
    10) Um... that IS how they work. Funny, I dodge stuff all the time... but then I keep these maxed.
    11) You "may" have a valid point on these... don't have enough personal evidence to naysay you on this.
    12) Um, they don't parry you anymore... you're just noticing it because it pertains to you. Play with an enforcer... you both will get parried equally.
    13) Yes, you're correct here. Dimach is too weak.
    14) Yes, you're correct here... but this isn't MA specific... nano resist should work in general. It doesn't.
    15) If you are PvPing alone as an MA, you deserve what you get. If you're with a team, you're fine. Honestly, if they fix nano resist, this problem goes away.

HAHAHA!

Fixers are better than MAs?! Oh my...hahaha.

Thanks for the laugh, man. It makes me feel so much better today.

heh

This was rather amusing.
    Anyways, cant resist to comment here:

1)Fix the delay on our healing nanos

Umm... nah. I like them as they are. I can instacast them at full def.

2)Give us martial attacks that work and are practical for combat not ones that require 15 mins to use again

Shen is nice and all, but yes they do need some work. Nobody is using anything but BwT (or BoP at lower levels) and Flower of Life is just as bugged as it always has been.

3) increase our critical damage make our damage comparable to everyone elses. I really don't care about being able to slide down my aggro bar to be able to swing just as fast, because it takes me then another 10 seconds to heal

If you just wait for 14.2 you will probably see that your damage output is fine and dandy. Those 4.2k shottie crits will be a bit more rare now.

4) make bows better, i have a schyler and it's a pathetic excuse for a bow and it's the best one i can get. If you aren't going to let martial artist break roots, give us something we can use to defend ourselves.

Bows were never intended as primary weapons, rather to give the MA some pulling ability. And do remember we are designed as a melee class.

5) give martial artist a huge bow buff so we can actually equip these bows

Sure. If a bow buff needs to get in the game, I think MA's should get it. Not sure that its needed thou.

6) remove the bugs with the fist damage line, i do more damage without a fist buff on me than not

Heh. Different mobs have different AC. (Though it seems a bit random sometimes) If you cant remember which mob was weak in which ac, save a whole lotta NCU and skip that +13 damage buff.

7) increase the time again on the ultra damage buffs and remove the nano inoperation period, frankly having that is a sick joke

No its not. It works perfectly fine thank you. Increased offence/Decreased defence.

8) give us better heals or atleast an enlighten aura team heal
    Well, a better team heal would be useful. I got the top one at lvl 120ish.

9) why do martial artist have certain nano lines, like the obvious give 100 life/nano line, and the taunting line, the last thing in the world a martial artist wants is to get aggro

100 life/nano is a hangover from beta days, I use it to annoy people. 8P Taunting nanos are there because we are reasonably able to tank with maxed evades and on full def.

10) make evades more effect for martial artist, give them chances to dodge attacks all together

They do work like this sometimes. Not against a red mob. Bruce Lee vs. Karate kid. I can go full def against a green mob and go for a coffee while the mobs is missing away on me. Something tells me you have a badass LLTS in your HUD and cant go below 100% agg.

11) martial artist weapons, wow, please fix them, make them do more damage, make it so we can do fist and dual wield them like intended

Yes. MA weapons are perhaps lacking somethings, Taichi and Torture Tools are pretty good but Piercing, 2HE, 2HB are lacking. And the fist/weapon bug should be fixed.

12) parry and monsters, do they always have to parry our attacks, i miss more often than every other class and my attack usually exceeds all others

Well, parry only works against melee.

13) dimach, please dimachs recharge should not be 1/2 hr, compared to full autos and bursts, what funcom are you afraid that martial artist might be able to do some damage, GOOD, let us have our fun.

As pointed out on the MA forums, Dimach is the lowest damage/time special attack in the game. As it is commonly parried or whiffs and the damage output doesnt quite fit it's description in the manual, the recharge is too long/damage too low.

14) make nano resistance work, and make nano resistance green for martial artists since we are suppose to be the bane to nano casters

NR should be fixed for all professions. MA's should, if we are supposed to resist, get a NR buff.

15) pvp, HELP!

Wait for 14.2. MA's should get a bit better with less crits floating around.

No, were not broken. We could use some more tweaking(riposte/sharp objects anyone?), but other professions have it way harder. Dont cry wolf.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

u are

the biggest moron in the world... please do not reply to my posts again... u can take yer 143 ma and shove it up your a$$... u have no idea what you are talkin about...

for the rest of u jackasses

STFU newbs

oookay?

Whoa, sorry if my words came out a bit harsh, I suppose I got carried away by the "fixers are 1000x better then MA's" start of your thread. As I reread my post some things do seem a bit sarcastic and I apologize for that.

But ok, at level 143 I have no idea what I'm talking about as an MA. I hope some would disagree to that statement, personally I do so and will answer this post even thou you asked me not to.

You are just asking for too much here. You cant have better crits, better healing and better evades, that would make MA's too good.

Relative to other professions MA's will get a damage boost with 14.2. Our self-only crit buffs will give us more crits then any other profession (unless agnet self-only crit is the MAMA of UVC).

Also, an MA is designed so that we can go both full offence (crash of thunder/crit scope) and full defence (evade buffs/init buffs/short attack on heals). But we cant do both at the same time. There has to be tradeoffs.

You had many valid points in that list, MA attacks, MA weapons, Dimach timer, nano resist... and to those I readily agree. But if you really feel that a fixer can outdamage you something is odd.

Sorry if I offended you, I apologize. But MA's can't have it all.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Re: u are

the biggest moron in the world... please do not reply to my posts again... u can take yer 143 ma and shove it up your a$$... u have no idea what you are talkin about...
    Oh yes, coz there is such a life changing difference between a 143 MA doing team missions in BS and a 157 MA doing team missions in BS. Chances are you are doing the same missions.

You post rubbish, say "STFU newbs"...

Ah I know, a troll.

when did i ever

state anything that didn't pertain to martial arts skills?

funcom stated that martial artist we never intended to use fists alone....

I telling funcom to get up off their asses and fix the problems if we were intended to use them...

they need to fix us... you know how sick and tired i am of zoning in and out of missions because i can't handle a 50% mission...

im asking for reasonable stuff to allow us to solo...
    funcoms big rave about ao is that it doesn't have to be a "group" game that we will be able to solo...

i've been here since ao was created... i watched them butcher my martial artist and give back very little when it was totally unplayable...

more damage must be compensated for the fact they we do not have a ranged attack...

you spoke of pulling? where the hell is the hunting to enable this...

this isn't eq... BUT hell i'd love to have a feign death... that would help!

look at the monk in eq... a eq monk would kick my ass... if u made damage comparable...

fixers.. whatever they can root and shoot have great hots... they even got special weapons with the weapons capsules...

nts... whatever null sphere root nukes nano deltas and cheaper cost programs with ports... oh ya u are so newber

fix the ma... i'm sick of tired of being a low light scope and soon i won't even be a good one for that...

Jason X
    Soon-To-Be Broken Low Light Scope

BTW.. i don't use a scope in my hud either... no way in hell i could afford the ip for that... my ips go for funcoms promises that this is now fixed....

EVER try a moonedge... DONT they are bull**** like funcoms solutions...

Every MA I played w/ is fine, agents too, they all seem fine, I think you're full of ****. Now Advents, NT's, and somewhat fixers, they suck, I don't even respond when they are lft. MA's shouldn't do damge near high damage classes either, you get heals they don't so you don't get the same damage as everyone else.

Re: when did i ever

fixers.. whatever they can root and shoot have great hots... they even got special weapons with the weapons capsules...

nts... whatever null sphere root nukes nano deltas and cheaper cost programs with ports... oh ya u are so newber

dude, you're funny, nice flamebait btw.

fixers are uber, because of our great hots... nuff said.
    and the rooty shooty thing your discussing?
    compare this to your earlier coment of "where is the hunting to support this?" you'll find that the mesh together quite well.

MA's are 1000* more broken than fixers?

man, your really good at this spouting absolute crap thing, did you take leasons? or were you gifted at birth?

out of interest, how much did you buy your character for?

oh wait for it... wait for it... im going to be called a newb! woot! ive never been called a newb before!
    will i get the STFU too? probabally will, i disagreed with this retard, so naturally, im a newb, and should STFU.

ok, lets look at this guys brain processes a little closer:

random sh1t generator -> typing actuators.

and the senses

eyes -> disagreement with stupid argument detectors -> call people newbs. and tell them to STFU.

hey, ive got a good idea jasonx, why dont you post some more, and then ill laugh, no one will agree with you, and you can call them newbs. then ill post some more, and you'll get even more pissed that your wrong, flame me, and ill laugh.
    Last edited by Whiterrabbit; Apr 26th, 2002 at 03:23:00.
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

"STFU newbie" <-- There is the *true* sign of someone who knows what they are talking about. We all better listen to him

This post made my day
    Fausto Biggfoo Clyburn

Are you some kind of robot? And if so what kind of powers do you have? Do you use them for Good? or for Awesome?

These complaints are from lvl 150+ martial artists, i'm currently 157 and my only real use is being a low light scope
    Its good that you're a low light scope! You'll need it to find your head as it is so far up your ass as to be in complete darkness.

Fixers 1000x better than MAs! ROTFLMAO... riiiiiiiight

ROTFLMA

pls can you tell me to STFU N00B? No one has b4 and really its about time I had the pleasure....

Aww come on... you called everyone else that

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?
    Queen of the Ninjas

Slyyk - MUHAHAHA! Old Fixers never die, they just take a different grid exit.

Cosmik - And don't worry, Jorji. We've got FC love for everyone. It's stockpiled and going out the door.

Jorji's art page (some mature content )

zomg she finally got myspace lawls

they need to fix us... you know how sick and tired i am of zoning in and out of missions because i can't handle a 50% mission...
    Dude, post your skill settings. I'd be interested to see how much you've gimped your character. If you can't handle a 50% mission as an MA, you goofed distributing IP.

Also, they are not going to make MA weapons better. If an MA weapon hit as hard as our fists, that would be like 2 full attacks in one round. Ain't gonna happen. MA weapons is basically like having a fist nano running. It adds a little bit to our attacks.

And another thing... Use PUNCTUATION. And capitalizing would be nice, too.

Can I be called Newb also?

Originally posted by SypherBoy

Can I be called Newb also?

STFU n00b, yu dont kno sh1t im uber STFU

how's that?
    Muffinhunter
    200/AL 5 Clan Fixer (omg finally)
    Jadedmuffin
    81 Omni MP (on hold...man, MP's get boring fast.)
    Acknonano
    34 Clan Raidslave Doc (or at least that was the initial idea...)

ooooooooooooh!!!

*pouts*

Why does he get called a newb and I dont

*throws a tantrum*
    Queen of the Ninjas

Slyyk - MUHAHAHA! Old Fixers never die, they just take a different grid exit.

Cosmik - And don't worry, Jorji. We've got FC love for everyone. It's stockpiled and going out the door.

Jorji's art page (some mature content )

zomg she finally got myspace lawls

Thumbs up w00t I'm a newb

NO i want to be told to STFU please me me me...

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast