Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Omni or Clans The Great Debate

Originally posted by DushbagJones
    Omni-Tek has only attacked once unprovoked by the Clans.
    Have you been to Borealis in the past few days?

Have you ever been to Safe Haven?

I have no Omni propaganda, nor do I have pithy anti-Clan slogans. For some of us, being Omni is a simple and very rewarding choice. I would imagine that there are Clanners who have no real political agenda, no aspirations of being the next godfather of notum exports, and just happily go through life doing whatever it is they and their families do.

I do contribute to Omni success, but that is the job my grandparents were engineered for, what my parents were born to, and what I was born to. My work of the last four months has made significant strides in Omni having a convenient, simple and almost permanent (50 year half life battery) solution to nanomages leaving Rubi Ka to explore the rest of the galaxy in person instead of via grid feed. Omni gives me education, materials, wonderful facilities and a darn good wage for my efforts. I am free to go where I choose, and all of my side work in "consulting" for various agencies has seen me afford all manner of luxury for my wife and me.

Again, I enjoy a wonderful life and am 3rd generation happy employee of Omni Tek. Somehow, I fail to see this corporate evil that so many speak of when standing in beautiful Rome Park, walking the main square of Omni Trade, or when sitting in my hi-rise loft that overlooks the glorious central plaza of Rome Green.

I was recently overseeing some resource gathering in some rather dangerous territory to the North (insurgents and all), and I was talking to one of our atrox bodyguards who was as diligent and dedicated an employee as I had ever encountered. I asked him (beard makes me think "he") whether he felt opressed or held some resentment to Omni for the atrox history. He laughed and wondered at the morons who would choose to "give up t'day to be mad 'bout the past." He told me tales of hunting in Greater Omni Forest and some thrill seeking in Souther Fouls Hills while on vacation from his supposed "oppression" at his employers hands. We laughed a bit and went back to our work. Imagine, an atrox and a nanomage, simple enjoyment in doing a good days work for our employer.

So the rogue nations, Clans and all other disaffected folks can think what they will, but being an employee of Omni Tek is about as good as life gets. The only time my freedom is ever in question is if I am tasked with surveys or data collection in a territory controlled by those who live outside the law. Their lawlessness in territories they have taken by force is the only time I ever feel restricted in any way. Funny how they campaign about regaining freedom, yet spend every waking minute trying to find a way to take mine away, simply because I do a decent days work for my employer, that really ends up as a benefit to the whole planet, not just OT.

In my opinion, both sides hide behind the good things about them and sneakily do bad things to each other and neutrals. This only applies to a certain percentage of either population. There are good employees and good members of the clan. Thus, to lump them together in such a broad way creates a paradox that no one can talk their way out of. Thus, I remain neutral to avoid such discussion.

Lastsecond2

WOW!

That timeline was an awesome read.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234