Thread: Good to be back

Good to be back

Hola Folks.

I quit playing sometime last summer because i was just fed up with all the nonsense from Funcom. The game didn't work, it stopped being fun, and the team seemeed very unresponsive.

However, currently there are no new multi-player games to play and my buddies and I were getting fedup with games like Heroes IV that got released without multi-player. That's when we came up with the idea of returning to Anarchy to give it another whack. None of us could find our disks, but fortunately Funcom let's you download the game now, that's great. So, we logged in last night for the first time.

Before we left we all got cranky and gave away everything we collectivly owned (oops), so we made new charcters. I made a brand new fixer (which it looks like that was a mistake, lots of people are griping about fixers right now). So I might re-make into something else tonight. But I'm happy to be back in the game. I think its going to be fun again and despite the fact that Anarchy seems to be required to have some problems it looked good last night.

The interface has changed some and some of the memory leak and lag problems i remember weren't around quite so much. I'm kind of excited to be back.

Question:
    Is it just me or are there a lot less people on the game. The cities didn't seem too crowded last night. I was kind of suprised.

Hi There, I'm in the same boat you & your friends are in. I quit playing back in september because of all the BS and the horible bugs. I just came back myself about a month ago. I'm glad I did. so far a lot of the big issues "lag" has been, for the most part resolved (still takes a bit of time to zone).

As for the amount of people in the cities. Well, in Omni Ent. it seems theres allways crouds about. particularly around the mission terminals, wompas and grid terminal (the only laggy areas in the game).

Thumbs up Good to have you back!

Hiya Thugg !

You were one of my first teammates ever on RK and a great RPG'er. RK appears less crowded cuz missions, team and individual, are much more popular now and most ppl are out doing them, not hanging around looking for hunting groups.

Is that what it is?

That's the best news I've heard yet. It really sounds like the game has come together. I'm excited to hear that, truly excited.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

Welcome. Its great to hear so many people enjoying AO, it is a rather wholesome feeling. I also had the problem with disappearing. I have a doc character, low level, and he can't find a group. Who would have thought they'd of seen the day? At low levels people either level fast or go in missions, you will find it easier higher up I believe, and time of day. AO is a box of unknowns, usually the good ones..
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier