Thread: Unused Char Cleanup Idea

Unused Char Cleanup Idea

ok, i wasnt sure where i should post this so i posted it in the forum which seemed to have the most posts....

Many times i have started new chars and the names that i want (long term nicknames in MMORPGs) have been taken by someone, and when i do whois commands he is either 1 or 2 and just hogging the nickname

im sure many of u have had problems like this.

FunCom can u please sort this out by implementing some kind of unused char cleanup so people can have the names they want, seeing that you can only have 1 name per person (if u get what i mean) so 2 people cannot have the same name.

PLEEEEEEEASe coz i really want a name for my char that someone else has at lvl 1 and just hogging it, and im sure many ppl are in the same situation

Since September I have been trying to contact the person with the name I always use but whenever I send him a tell he's always offline. Then when Funcom put up all the characters on the website I finally got to see what lvl he was and he's still the same lvl to this day.

There really needs to be an old character wipe.

Not a good idea. I am still a subscriber and have not played my char in 2 months. I plan on comming back after 14.2 to see how it is but I would be very upset if FC deleted my chars. If anything it should be those char that are on cancelled account and after a 3 month limit before those chars get wiped.
    Lisa Newvena Simpson
    Chimp NovemberSix McGimp
    Proud Applicant of Band of Brothers

now dont get surprised but all those names may not be on someones account .. if you lookup Lumin you will find out that he is an lvl 2 Clan Agent .. well he was day 2 after release .. then I deleted him in intentions to make a new one (this time a fixer), but at the time there was a bug that made it so that deleted chars didnt clean up the name. hence I could not reclaim the name (so my fixer got the name JustinCase) .. 1 month passed (I think) and they fixed the bug. but still the char was lost. as it is now I dont have space on my account to get him back (allready filled up with 8) so I dont care that much.
    there is also a possebility that someone claimed the nick right after they fixed the problem and choose an Agent as profession same face and clan as alignment
    if that happened im surprised and the person with the account can keep it, just because of the odds

BUT, I dont think they should start deleting chars just cause someone wants the name .. If I got a good nick I might create a dummy char just to keep it, you dont know when you feel like doing a new char, and having a cool nick helps .
    On day 1 of the release I made 8 chars with the nicks I use most frequent, it took a few months before I started something on all those chars as most of them where just dummys.
    I can imagine someone at high levels that have just been playing on 1 char did the same and still havent started something on the other 7 accounts (thats why the low level). should their chars get deleted just because ?

as far as I recall I remember FunCom saying that chars on cancelled accounts would be stored for 6 months before they get deleted.
    Operation impending doom 2 seems to have started with patch 15.6.5
    12.6 first contact, 14.6 second attempt, 16.6 Invasion of the gabber bots ?
    Old and bitter player, currently playing: Justincase GA4 wearing phix0r
    Originally posted by Cz
    I already saw this thread, but refrained from answering due to the pleasant show of confidence from Lumin.
    Sing a song for FunCom