Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Farewell.

Originally posted by Pernicious
    and they did it anyway.
    They did ? Did I miss patch 14.2 ? I thought it were only preliminary notes and they were going to test it first.

Talking muahahaha

the words test and funcome in one sentence.

whahahaha sorry this is muahahahaha

one profession is dead after 14.2, who will be next i wonder?
    Salutusmax- doctor
    Redtaped-crat(dormant)
    Onmi-af-academy
    Rimor(RK2)

all of them.

My clan is a close-knit group of funny highly cooperative people.

We've lost two members (do to quitting the game) this week.

Thats more than in the last 3 months.

This whole thing is ruining the game for everyone. Either FC is tearing your ass up, or you're tired of watching FC do it to other people.

Its getting to where I feel GUILTY about having fun playing.

Originally posted by reality

They did ? Did I miss patch 14.2 ? I thought it were only preliminary notes and they were going to test it first.
    Cosmik specifically said that wear requirements are staying as is for the patch and that after testing ON THE LIVE SERVER (how's that for an oxymoron) they might make changes.

Reality, so far you've confessed to not playing a fixer and haven't done much here but troll.

Shoo fly. We're not going to put up with much anymore. If you are not with us, you are against us.

I'm sad to see you go as well. For those of you who don't know.. as of late yesterday evening Highjack left the Fixer profession as well. This is litterally killing our profession and it's a sad sad week. We are going to all miss you Pernicious.

~Xaielao
    Go mbeire muid beo ar an am seo aris.
    "May we all live this time next year"
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

It's going to be really hard to test it if there are no fixers left isn't it. We have give them fixes for this problem and they have refused to listen to those fixes. they are falling into the old problem I have run into several times in the industry with some developers. We know what is best because we made it. Well some time the master is just the person that has done the same thing the same way a thousand times. guess what a master can learn to do things diffirently if they may be better.

1. Base the wear requirements off something other then the nano skills.
    2. Change the matter creation requirement or reduce the skill required to caste the nano.
    3. Hard cap it to level.

If any of these are considered I would be amazed. Now Cosmik heres the deal you know we are not happy with these changes, yes it nice however it doesn'tcorrect the underlieing problem with GA. I challenge you to create a fixer start him at level 1 magic him up 1 level at a time and spend the IP's and then get him to a level where he can wear grid armor without buffs or implants and run this test fixer agaisnt any mission or in PVP. I know I would do this if I had to see if what the players were saying is correct.

Originally posted by Highjack

Cosmik specifically said that wear requirements are staying as is for the patch and that after testing ON THE LIVE SERVER (how's that for an oxymoron) they might make changes.

Reality, so far you've confessed to not playing a fixer and haven't done much here but troll.

Shoo fly. We're not going to put up with much anymore. If you are not with us, you are against us.
    Well EXCUSE ME for pointing out the truth to you fixers in blind rage. Here's what Cosmik said :
    And so, the wear requirements on the Grid Armor will go ahead and we'll continue to look into them during the testing period on the test server.
    So where's the live server mentioned ?

also :

Also please do remember these are still only patch notes. As you can see we've already made some changes based directly on your feedback, and in testing on the test server we will do the same if needed. Hey, that's what the test server is therefore. I look forward to your feedback there (as well as here no doubt)
    Don't you think you're being a liiiiitle bit unreasonable here ? Sorry for supporting you fixers. I you want, I can be your enemy too.
    Changes to this aren't made overnight. I know you want them yesterday, but that's just impossible. I know you'd love to be really powerful for 1 patch and then nerfed but they'll have to be balanced first. And 14.2 is still far, far away.
    Last edited by cold; Apr 25th, 2002 at 17:04:01.

Unhappy

thnx Cold, I appreciate the support anyway!

Im sure all us fixers do, except I've never seen us all so angry / disgusted as this.

Many of us have left already over this, and many more are on the verge ( me included) and so funcom better do something about this before it even gets to the test server.

I mean in the next day or so. An announcement is needed.
    I really mean this. we no longer want to play this "game" any more, if we are treated like this, and all our fellow fixers leave.....
    JimmySav , Neutral Fixer RK-2
    "Jim'll Fix it for you...."

CEO Rubika Asset Management
    "Jimmy's back, and this time, its personal!"

Reality, its not so much blind rage but frustration over being f*cked time and time again. Its the fact that we tried to tell them this was a bad idea as anounced and we tried to give them suggestions on how to fix the situation. They took all that, did what they wanted anyway, and put in some smokescreen fluff to try and pacify us.
    That is what has me tired and angry. That is why people who have been around far longer than I, are sick and fed up and not paying FC anymore.

Whatever you have to tell yourself to feel better If you have played this game for any length of time you would know that prelim notes are 99.9999% identical to actual patch notes. Add Cosmik saying it WILL be implemented next patch no matter what we say and that pretty much spells it out for you. Im just sorry you cant figure this out on your own.

Heres some things that need to be done.

1) Increased drop rate on GA.
    2) Lowered requirements on casting.
    3) Items that add HUGE bonuses to nano skills.
    OR
    4) Make Grid Armor a one time cast (i.e- take away the 2 hour time limit)

The way it stands, you have to spend 100k per mochams (300k total) and another 300k for a 132 wrangle EVERY 2 HOURS in order to cast it. This isnt counting the hour spent tracking down someone with a mochams and then tracking down someone with a wrangle within a certain timeframe before the buffs expire. And its only an hour during PEAK times..... imagine during off peak hours and YOU CANT PLAY BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO ARMOR TO WEAR!! (Sorry caps.. this is just frustrating for me)

Are you beginning to see what the problem is? We will spend more time getting buffs to get the blasted armor on than we will actually PLAYING THE GAME. Whats even worse is the fact that NO ONE AT FUNCOM CAN SEE THIS SIMPLE FACT!!! 5000 posts on the fixer forum ALONE! Thousands of posts on the "Next Patch" forum and various other places! A MEETING WITH COSMIK ON THE FRIGGIN SERVER!!!

... and they are still going thru with it. This makes me very tired and frustrated and a little angry. It makes us all that way.

Thumbs down i have a dream....

about the future of ao.

you can have 2 impressions of funcom.

the first being that they are really trying and will in time work out the game because they want happy customers who pay and play.

the second being that they are not trying and just in for the money.

now lets see what happens and will happen in the next months:

a patch will go through that will likely screw up some ip (i do not trust them to pull of something so complex without glitching up at least some characters ips).

all weapon damage in the high end game will be nerfed because of the reduction of critical hit propability (plus creating have and have not players with old scopes and those without never a good idea for balance and hell not in a pvp game).

notice that nowhere they talk about tuning down the insane mobs. i am not griping about overequipping here, the only times i use something i cannot self buff ANY of my characters into is when my crat makes a bot when missioning with clan mates.

the major source of income, battlesuit farming will be nerfed (they will get "more affordable so that more people will wear them").

so far facts.

now i extrapolate the rest of the ao year:
    after a huge outcry traders will be nerfed thus buying funcom at least another month of idleness because all the players will be focused on that single problem.

the forums get redisigned - highly likely also wiped again as the shelf life of the customers gained in december/january is reached as they are here long enough to see what happens.

the gmae will be rereleased / released on the german server close to its one year anniversary with a giant hoopla in the media bringing in new players.

these players will get as disgusted as we are around christmas when an expansion hits the shelves.

so...

to get back to where i started:

a company really trying would want happy customers.

a company really evil would make one media blitz after the other.

look at the past the present and the likely future and make your choice.

if they want me to stay and continue to want my money, there better be an article RIGHT NOW explaining the goals, visions and possible etas on fixes(note i did not say FIXERS because there is more broken then only that it is just that fixers are the first as a CLASS to reach the point of critical mass - we are not talking single players we are talking ALL of them)

no more we are looking into it.

that simple.

Adan "critical" Dilox, Blackwing and 6 other chars ... but unfortunately all on one account so my whole clout in this mess is 12.95 :/

It's not so much that they didn't listen to your suggestions, but there were so many of them. Heck, the whole board just about exploded. So, they stick as much as possible to the original design. It was never intended that you need mochams/wrangle just to use grid armor. They have seen now that GA is ineffective, they boost its stats. I also read somewhere that the NCU hack will be included in 14.2, though that may be just a rumour. If this is true it'll be a bit easier to self-cast as well.
    And this boost looks *very* good to me. AC, defense, hp, root resistance, NCU... and a Nano AC nano.... if you wear that you'll be untouchable. I hope us adventurs will get a boost like that.

I do agree some adjustments still need to be done. Nanocost for the first GA versions could be lowered a bit, so that people who use their GA around level 70 now won't have to wait another 50 levels before they can use it again. But still, this looks like an incredible item to me. Drop rate should also be improved now, with the new team missions.

It was never intended that you need mochams/wrangle just to use grid armor.
    Its just too bad thats pretty much the only way you can get it on

And this boost looks *very* good to me. AC, defense, hp, root resistance, NCU... and a Nano AC nano.... if you wear that you'll be untouchable.
    This is just a ploy to distract us from the real problem. GA is really ok except for the crit problem. I dont think anyone really has any legitimate gripes against it... otherwise people wouldnt be striving to get it. (Look at my left hand ... my left hand... my left hand.... BAM!! You get hit with a right hook!)
    Last edited by Pernicious; Apr 25th, 2002 at 19:09:01.

Bye man...

..Im thinking my fixer is the only one not gimped out there? I love my fixer, and I can't see why all say "Oh man we're so gimped, we can't do ****"
    Spiral Lniya Dancer - Advy - equip - Dancer of the Black Spiral
    Tinky Numara Winky - Soldipex || Little Miip Tranqlet - Kepper
    Lanfear Lyvani Mosvani - NT || Vashti Ceneria Scales - Fixer
    Gogo Bollmongo Yubari - Doc || Luna Ayae - Enfipex - RAWR!
    Nid Noih - Trader|| Cookie Piika Cutter - Advy

And some more alts.

Proud Veteran of Punk, Aeon, Punk, Tranquility, Renaissance

yes, i think you may be. have you played any other classes recently? if not then try it, it may be a bit of an eye opener.

failing that, what do you do that most fixers dont?
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

CCWarlock,

You better catch up, we're not whining about being gimped right now. This weeks whine is about getting fvcked up the arse, again.

/G13

Edited because I'm blind
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

seeing fixers get raped reminds me of how crats are getting raped too, but in totally different ways

Fixers;
    nerf GA
    not fixing them at all.
    Crats:
    doing half-assed fixes
    making our "fix" only obtainable by camping(agents are getting raped this way too)
    When funcom finally fixes you I hope the REALLY fix you, not half ass jobs like did to the crats( and now to the agents)
    Salutusmax- doctor
    Redtaped-crat(dormant)
    Onmi-af-academy
    Rimor(RK2)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12