Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Important Message

Damn Fine Post

*Bump*

And while you're at it I'm a 134 Enforcer, If any Fixer on here needs an Essence or Focused Anger please feel free to contact me. With the help of my bud DeepThought we're talkin Behemoth here - so it might help you survive that bit longer......

ProBlue

Talking

:::swallows the lump in his throat:::

What can i say THANKS DEACON....i'm glad to hear that you are helping fixers whereever you can, (you don't happen to have an alt on rubi - 2 do you :P ) i' hope that those you help remember the big mocham's guy that helped them when they get to be big...well what ever it is we turn into as it stands we don't do a whole lot but run fast...you ever make it to rubi 2 with a newb lemme know i will get you set up...this post warmed my heart...and for this jaded and cynical bastard that takes quite a bit...i find it distressing that we have to get our "fixer love" from players instead of FC, but you and those people like you are the ones that make the difference for us...thank you again...

oh and BUMP!!

Re: Important Message

Originally posted by TheDeacon
    This is a call to action.

[snip all that kickass decency and coolness]

I bid you farewell and wish you all the best.

Sincerely,

TheDeacon
    lvl 128 Metaphysicist, Rubi Ka 1
    Wow... like just about everyone else here, I'm speechless. Don't know what to say other than 'thanks'.

Also, have you done any cross posting to the other forums? If so, what kind of response have you gotten?
    Originally posted by Thehardway
    I would like to carry this one step further if I may.
    I understand the dilemma fixers are in with GA. Although I cannot myself alter the requirements of the nano I would like to see a change in the inflated prices being charged fixers for a defining nano.
    No offense, and many thanks also for your generosity, but TheDeacon already took that extra step. Read a bit closer.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Thanks, TD =)

I won't ever be annoyed by your pet scripts again

- schma

Talking WOOOOOOOOOW

This is absolutely astonishing... I'm almost speechless, that was the most heartwarming post I've ever read on this msg-board. *sniff* Something this unselfish with this much empathy towards us fixers is absolutely, I'm short on words here... Just WOOOOOW!!!

/me hereby nominee TheDeacon for the MP of the year award!!!

You'll me my friend forever if u let me. Runbuffs and my blitzing abilities is from now on ALWAYS free for you TheDeacon.

Free HE to all fixers, lol.

sorry, I wish you guys the best, but that's about all I can do.
    182 NT

Calming is just a hobby I dabble in, my real passion is blowing stuff up.

Important message part two: time to uniote for peace and change

While I would never normally ask for a bump on anything, I want to keep this thread alive as long as humanly possible, so any bumps will be more than welcome

I'd like to start out by thanking you for all your kind posts lately! It's so wonderful to see folks alll get together and agree on a common issue and create a harmony. And it's equally as nice to see folks put aside differences and put aside the greed and indifference that inherently plagues us all. Bless you all for showing a jaded man the decency that lies buried beneath our coat of selfishness. Bless you all.

I've gotten so many great tells from fixers lately, made alot of new friends and even got some supportive messages from other metas, enforcer, doctors, etc that want to lend a hand with their outstanding buffs as well! Finally, anarchy Online is starting to feel like a *real* community to me! It really warms my heart to hear from you all and I encourage anyone to chat with me whenever you get time

But I must admit, I have to get something off my chest that's been nagging at the back of my head. Today I saw something that upset me greatly that I would like to share with you if you have the time. Today I saw a Grid Armor IV disc sold on the shopping channel for 235 million credits. 235 million credits....Just thinking in terms of shop costs and character credit needs, my only idea as to why anyone would need this much money would be to sell credits on Ebay. We're a society steeped in greed, hoarding and materialism. It's the way of the real world and there's little we can do to change the inherent nature of the real world. But every time we log into rubi ka, we have the opportunity to change all that, and much of this rather long post is to implore you all to tug on your heart strings and help our fixers out as their creators (funcom) refuses to do in the past year with their incessant nerfs and indifferent attitudes.

Just out of curiosity, I sent the gentleman seller a /tell message just wondering about his feelings on the situation of fixers and their need for grid armor to make a good standing in solo and team missions. Basically without going into details, he told me that it was dumb for anyone to play as a fixer and that current fixers should reroll as Engis, Enforcers or MPs. I strongly disagree with that position and I'm going to tell you why I feel so compelled to assist Fixers, NTs and Adventurers, other than the obvious fact that they pay just as much as any other class, yet have always gotten the short end of the stick.

When I look at it from a role playing perspective, these three classes are essential to our world of Rubi Ka anmd are perhaps the most intriguing as well. Let's start with the current topic of discussion, Fixers.

Despite being steeped in tradition, Rubi Ka is still fairly new in it's non omni-tek colonization. In terms of storyline, it was only last year that the ICC approved colonization from rival corporations (which is when the game first when live, but SHHHH we're role playing . I've always looked at the world of Rubi Ka as a post-futuristic wild wild west, with loose organization, where anything goes. This sort of undisciplined environment would naturally attract thousands of shady characters. Enter: the fixer! An individual that will get you what you want, when you want it, as long as the price is right....just don't ask where it came from. Fixers can be a nice liason between clan and omni when a piece of information or equipment needs to get across enemy lines, or when an item needs to *cough* change ownership. Anyone who is into role playing should fire up a fixer char, lord knows im going to once i get my mp to lvl 150!

For current fixers, what I've always wanted to see is a garrishly dressed fixer walking through newland with two rather large Atorx enforcer bodyguards (judging by their titles, enforcers are somewhat like the italian mobsters on old earth), selling stims and illegal items when the guards aren't watching, or even racing through enemy territory past guards to deliver an item to an enemy. Why aren't other classes realizing the potential of this outstanding profession when they pick out teammates? They're the thieves, the liars, the pickpockets, the dealers (and in one observed case in omni territory *cough* mrmeow *cough*, pimps as well!) of Rubi Ka and damnit, i LOVE fixers and will do anything to keep them playing in game!!!

Funcom gave us apartments and a good use for them would be to grab some female characters, put them in bikinis and charge 300k for fifteen minutes alone with them. Sell hacked symbiografts and blister packs in the dance clubs and when your guild is planning a strike into enemy territory, use that amazing speed to lure guards away while your team sneaks in unharmed. The possibilities are endless, if funcom fixes the fixers. But even if they don't, expect a new neutral fixer on the scene in the coming weeks

now for grid armor: this is a tough one, as it's very rare and supply vs demand dictates that this will go for a very high price. If I ever find a GA disc, I've decided that I'm going to create a LARGE mission and have the grid armor disc as a reward (hoping to get some gm sponsoring for this so it doesnt get out of hand), then hand out keys to folks. I'm REAAAAALLY hoping that other folks that already possess the grid armor and are not short on credits do the same.

But the real fix will come when funcom stops ignoring you and A) makes smgs WAY more powerful and B) make that grid armor a MUCH more common drop. Why is GA so rare? MP demons and engi slayers aren't rare in missions, so why make one class work that much harder to get its class defining item? If I havent bored you all to sleep with my ramblings yet, I have an idea to get the message across to funcom:

In past history, passive protests have been held in order to enact change or make a statement and I feel the same needs to be done here. Someone once mentioned that at least 30 new posts are made on these boards every hour and most of them go unread, as there are only 3 folks working as moderators. I can understand that. but at any given time, there may be hundreds of GMs and ARKs online. I propose that an out of character passive protest be held in an easily accessible, low lag, neutral location such as borealis, by the whompas. Perhaps a second, simultaneous meeting could be held by the lake in newland. As many fixers as possible should attend this, and other classes interested in the situation as well, both clan and omni.

And then, when we're all together, call in a GM or an official funcom representative and demand that A) smgs are "fixed" asap and B) grid armor becomes a more common drop, to the point of becoming a mission item. Have the GM, in front of a large crowd, explain WHY fixers are in such a bad state after nearly a year of playing anarchy online. While I'm excited about the upcoming expansion pack, I would certainly like to know why they were working on expansion packs when they should have been correcting vital errors in the player's stats!

And it all goes back to greed. Releasing the expansion pack will gain Funcom MILLIONS of dollars in revenue and bring back many of the players that left late last year. They've had teams working round the clock on adding new zones, armor, etc, yet how many programmers are working on correcting their profession balancing errors? If the answer is more than zero, then they work very slowly. You can't tell me that in a year's time, simple problems such as low dmg rate of SMGs or rarity of grid armor could not have been addressed by now.

The only fixer tweaks in the upcoming 14.2 patch are an increase in the power of grid armor, which is respectable, but does nothing save make the price of the instruction discs triple in cost. The item itself will still be extremely rare.

It's not too late though. the 14.2 patch is still in development and if we all make enough noise and cause a big enough disturbance, things might change for the better soon. Send me a /tell ingame if this sounds like a good plan and ill work on getting the details together, location, times, etc. Free mochams buffs will be provided by myself and hopefully other kind hearted MPs, along with (hopefully) doc and enforcer buffs, etc. It'll also give a chance for folks to speak their minds about some of the crucial issues that need to get fixed in game asap. instead of going the easy route and rerolling another class, this will be a chance to constructively vent our anger over the hand that has been dealt!

Perhaps it would even be possible to host a small fundraiser to purchase GA discs for a reasonable price?

I will personally donate a 10 million credit door prize to a lucky participant, a 6 slot belt and other gifts if this all works out

Yikes, im long winded! My apologies folks, I guess I get overly passionate when I see injustice. One last important note: Another way of lowering the price of Grid armor discs is to stop paying high prices for them. If nobody is buying them for 200 million, then the price will begin to go down. A permanent fix would be for funcom to make these items more common, to the point where they sell for 1 million instead of 200 million. Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants? But the main point is to make as much noise as possible, in game and all together as brothers and sisters of Rubi Ka and fight our common enemy!

Take care guys and remember, my heart is with you, even if it seems like im perpetually afk in game Send me a /tell anytime!

Sincerely from your friend,
    TheDeacon
    lvl 129 Metaphysicist - RK1
    Last edited by THEDEACON!; Apr 28th, 2002 at 10:42:35.

Again, I thank you for your amazing support and your well written posts on this subject.

I am sure that the whole fixer communtity appreciates it.
    It isnt often that members of other proffessions cross boundries and make an effort to get something for other proffessions.

oh, and if you want to see fixers in wild clothes with body gaurds...
    come to RK2, I'll introduce you to a couple

Thanks again

Re: Important message part two: time to uniote for peace and change

Originally posted by TheDeacon
    Funcom gave us apartments and a good use for them would be to grab some female characters, put them in bikinis and charge 300k for fifteen minutes alone with them.
    LOL

Im charging WAY more cash than anyone has for those 15 min.... Im talking no matter how much you got it aint enough
    Queen of the Ninjas

Slyyk - MUHAHAHA! Old Fixers never die, they just take a different grid exit.

Cosmik - And don't worry, Jorji. We've got FC love for everyone. It's stockpiled and going out the door.

Jorji's art page (some mature content )

zomg she finally got myspace lawls

Cool speechless

I'm not really sure what to say. From the bottom of my (our) hearts. Thank you.

Side note: TheDeacon when you start your fixer look me up or any of The Mockers. (or if Omni - The Shadow Company).

We would welcome someone like you to our community with open arms.
    Halcyinv2
    The Mockers (EG) | A Fixer clan | www.mockers.net
    Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

Thumbs up

Dude, Deacon, on behalf of all Fixers...awesome post. 100% agreement on this..

I will NOT pay for GA disks..I just won't get GA if it comes to that. 230 million is ridiculous..20 million is!

And we need to attract more attention to our problems..I know Cos is reading this (I pray!), but that's not enough..maybe the Grid would be a good idea? somewhere in the center of the lower floor, or near one of the major nodes? Just a thought, seeing as how the grid is our balliwick, and almost EVERYONE uses it.
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

TheDeacon.
    Please visit our item order forum at www.mockers.net and place an order, we would be happy to look after you, on the house
    Frimen
    Boss | The Mockers (EG)
    A Fixer clan

Thanks again (I sent you a tell thanking you profusely a few nights ago ) and *Bump*
    Johnny "Hydeo" Toxic
    Level 212 Fixer
    Veteran of Midnight Reveries
    Horrible Person

Thumbs up Damn straight Deacon !

I´m in on this for sure !
    If any of you dear fixers ever need any buffs / implants to be made / etc., don´t hesitate to ask me !
    Won´t cost you a dime, EVER !
    Best Regards,

Samuz

4ever seeking ULTIMATE POWER

Samuz - Lvl 155 - the original Blackshirt of Zuwadza nipple twistin' MP (RK1)
    Alphaville *4 ever young* - Lvl 112 GAMKII smurfy' Fixer (RK1)
    Digitize - Lvl 50 Solider (RK1)
    Samuz - Lvl 29 Beam whippin' Enforcer (RK2)
    -= Played AO since the Beta days =-

Timezone ; GMT+1

** Re-activated AO on May 1st after being gone and playing other games for the past 14 months - I feel like the total n00b **

*bump*

very nice but im still going away.... ther just aint no more fun....
    (only one detail: at lvl 90+ i think that any fixer can pay for the buffs with ease. Geting money is easy. Geting lvls is hard. Having fun was in the past. Still your move matters the moust and i ty for that)
    Our problems start when we don't die young

Ront - RK2 Enforcer wielding EoT

Taus Fixer on RK2 - 12.7 Fixer (on perma - vacation)

Money shouldn't be a problem for any reasonably high level character. The problem is that we would *need* these buffs to function properly with GA, which is bullsh1t.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

The reson for the stance was not that fixers are poor.

Its that asking for buffs in the high level game is a matter of trading, and fixer buffs are very need specific. You dont want a run buff except when you NEED one, so its hard to ask from 3 mochams in return for it. Ya feel like youre begging.

Thats what we want to avoid. We want to let the fixers know that they get the same kind of no hassle buffin that teammembers do.

Anyways, personally, you guys can all pay it back when you get a smg buff line

Deacon:

I think I met you once (I think you built some implants for me near the Tir gridpoint right before they took the servers down--and met up with me when they came back up to finish). You are one hell of a guy and, like all the other fixers in the game, I thank you.

While I don't have GA--and don't expect to ever have it--the point is that you cared enough about us to give of your time. That is worth more than any of us could ever pay you.

Thank you.

Rook

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12