Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Important Message

Important Message

This is a call to action.
    This is a call to action going out to every profession on Rubi Ka, every player that has a shred of decency, every player with a heart. Because when it all comes down to it, behind the fancy nano armor or the senpai coats, we're all people. As awful as we are to each other both in game and in the real world, there lies a spark of divinity, the angel upon our shoulder, the conscience that gives us pause and calls us to help our fellow man in his time of need, whether it's clan, Omni or neutral.

For months I've silently watch the Anarchy Online message boards and read about the plight of the Fixer. Personally I've never played as a fixer so much of what I have to say comes purely out of ignorance, but speaking from the heart, I feel awful for what fixers have had to go through. I feel awful for every time I've overlooked a fixer in favor of another profession and I'm disgusted at myself for ever, EVER charging a fixer for any of my MP buffs. I can sit here all day and tell you how much my Metaphysicist heart goes out to you or I can, for once in my selfish AO career, do something to help.

I've read many posts telling fixers to simply reroll as something like an MP and let the matter be done and to you all I shake my head in disgust. "It's just a game" you say, "get over it" you say. I'm here to tell you that it's not just a game. The most precious gift we have to give in this world is time, because it's the one thing we can never get back. When you give someone or something your time, you give them a peice of yourself, a piece of your life. Folks spend 100s of hours playing Anarchy Online, meeting people, making new friends, acquiring equipment, etc. To ask them to give that up simply because the game designers lack the sense to properly implement professions is the worst thing I've ever heard. Our characters on Anarchy Online represent a considerable amount of time and money spent and pissing it all away is sometimes not an option to us, as we lose more than we ever gain.

A fixer's one hope for excelling is in a nano formula which we've all heard of called "Grid Armor". While the instruction disc itself is rare enough, the requirements to put it on are absolutely ridiculous. From what I gather speaking to other fixers, all nano skills are dark blue for our speedy friends, which makes wearing grid armor even once the crystal has been made, something of a task. Funcom as we all know is not exactly brilliant in their choices. While grid armor will be given a significant boost in the next patch, the requirements to wear it are still out of control and with the upcoming changes, fixers will no longer be able to store multiple GA pieces in the bank for later use, as their nano skills will be too low to wear the armor. That, coupled with the fact that SMG guns are horribly underpowered is enough to make many of our fixer friends leave AO permanently.

What can we do to help? This next part goes out mainly to Metaphysicists, as we will soon be the crutch that many professions will depend on even more than now. Our Mocham's Gift line of nano buffs gives +140 to any nano skill and lasts a full hour. Normally a high lvl MP will "sell" these buffs for around 50-100k each. I do feel this is a fair price, as it reflects our time and costs in acquiring these spells and the time and effort spent to lvl up enough to use them. Engineers mainly want these buffs to bring out extremely big bots many times their own lvl. I have no problem with that, as more time, effort and money spent SHOULD equal better results. But the likes of Fixers, Nanotechnicians and Adventurers care less about being uber, they only want to survive. They only want to be on equal playing ground with the rest of us, to be an asset to the team, to succeed! Your cries to Funcom have been ignored or mishandled and they will be in the future as well. Funcom is far too arrogant and incompetant to make decisions that will help one class without seriously damaging three other classes at the same time. But we don't want to lose our fixers, adventurers and NTs, so heres what I propose (and I hope this will start a trend to the community):

All Metaphysicist buffs for fixers are now free for ALL fixers, Nanotechnicians and Adventurers, regardless of affiliation. While I'm often unavailable or in a mission, I still encourage anyone in need of help to call on me when you need a hand with implants, buffs, etc. You will never pay me a penny for anything, not even a grid armor or nullity sphere disc, and I absolutely mean this. We all deserve to have fun in the world of Rubi Ka, despite the hand that has been dealt to us and we all deserve to be playable classes. If we're ever to change anything in this game, we have to stop shouting at each other and make one big noise. Together.

To Funcom, take this seriously, as together we can do alot to ruin your idiotic nerfs, leveling difficulties, etc. Imagine my ql 189 heal pet on a lvl 13 fixer and you'll know what I'm talking about. You want to make fixers' nano skills dark blue? Fine, I'll buff them with expertise plus Mochams' gift for a quick +160 nano skills boost. And that kind hearted Doctor and enforcer over there will hopefully boost their HP. Perhaps the wealthy trader will perform a gratis wrangle for our fixer friends, but I understand that's a more difficult request, as there's a bit more time and effort that goes into casting a wrangle.

While one person can't do a whole lot, I'm asking that we all come together and help these professions until a fix (if ever) comes about. In the meantime, I invite you all, clan and omni, to ask anything of me if you ever meet me in a town, outpost or in the middle of nowhere. You will all be treated as brothers, despite the position that Funcom puts us in. I only hope that other will follow this idea and take 10 seconds of their time out to help as well.

I bid you farewell and wish you all the best.

Sincerely,

TheDeacon
    lvl 128 Metaphysicist, Rubi Ka 1

Well, not much to say after that except, thanks.

Originally posted by Crin
    Well, not much to say after that except, thanks.

the correct response is "j00 roxxor".

but in all seriousness...thanks. i personally never charge for buffs or even accept tips, and i believe that in most cases, this is the best way to do things.
    Muffinhunter
    200/AL 5 Clan Fixer (omg finally)
    Jadedmuffin
    81 Omni MP (on hold...man, MP's get boring fast.)
    Acknonano
    34 Clan Raidslave Doc (or at least that was the initial idea...)

Wow. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
    ~Streaz~
    "Self Proclaimed Fixer God since Jan 2002"

Note: This account was stolen from me by someone I thought I could trust. I didn't realize what was going on untill someone from my guild contacted me and let me know what was happening. Funcom was gracious enough to give the account back to me, the original owner, but the account is deactivated for the time being and my main concern was just getting it out of the hands of an unsavory character. Sorry for the drama.

-Streaz

dammit deacon,

i was gonna write that up tomorrow at work

well ive said it b4 and im saying it again

/tell chown "i'm a fixer and i need mochams" for free mochams forever

I'm totally with you on this.
    As it is now I do not charge anyone for help with implants.
    I never charge for anything I can offer as an NT(not alot but I sometimes can be usefull).

I would like to carry this one step further if I may.
    I understand the dilemma fixers are in with GA. Although I cannot myself alter the requirements of the nano I would like to see a change in the inflated prices being charged fixers for a defining
    nano.

So from this point on should GA happen to fall in my hands I will offer it to the fixer community at no cost. The community can decide who deserves the GA. I know this will be a tiny drop in a really huge pond, and I may not have the oppertunity to exercise my intentions.

I really don't think this will hurt anyone other than those that value creds over friends, and having fun.

I don't expect the rest of rubi-ka to have a massive change of heart. But perhaps instead of charging ungodly amounts of creds for something that has no real use to you, you could offer it to the fixer community in trade for a number of usefull items. You will not only get some needed equiptement as well as some new friends.

I would imagine that the fixers could easily rustle up half a dozen items that any character could use in excahange for some GA.

Adopt a fixer today.

hugs to TheDeacon, and Thankyou

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

cheers mate!

I am sure we will return the favour at some time in the future when we are able to

thanks again!

I am lucky enough to have a dear friend that always casts mochams for free on me (he was the guy that bought me the game and sent it over to Australia ..free)...however that doesnt help when hes not here...or the fact that i havent got the damed GA anyways...

but I do thank those people that offer their services for free, it is a guesture that humbles us all with your generosity

/me would hug but lil is still doing that...so she salutes

Queen of the Ninjas

Slyyk - MUHAHAHA! Old Fixers never die, they just take a different grid exit.

Cosmik - And don't worry, Jorji. We've got FC love for everyone. It's stockpiled and going out the door.

Jorji's art page (some mature content )

zomg she finally got myspace lawls

Thumbs up

thnx fellaz......
    JimmySav , Neutral Fixer RK-2
    "Jim'll Fix it for you...."

CEO Rubika Asset Management
    "Jimmy's back, and this time, its personal!"

Thumbs up

Well Said TheDecon!!

I believe that only positive action will get FUncom to change their thinking on the GA issue and take the overall plight of the Fixer seriously. We have to force them to do it as we definately cannot not rely on them wanting to do it :-(

All Rubi Ka citizens should be considering how they will assist in any scheme(s) our Fixer bretheren derive to achieve that aim (I'm sure many are being planned as we speak).

In the mean time this is an excellent way to reduce the pain the Fixer community is feeling after being exposed once again to a beating from the FUncom nerf stick.

I already have an adopted Fixer, who sadly is sitting the game out until these issues are resolved :-( I hope his pain will ease soon, but I wish to add my name to those offering free services to the Fixer community. If I am not actively involved in Hunting/Missions I will make every endevour to get to you and provide the buffs/services you need. I'm just a /tell away :-)

Deepthought lvl 138 MP Rubi Ka 1

43! (Inflation)

thx guys.
    it realy warmed my heart that every one is helping us getting over this difficult time.

Thank you Deacon.

It is encouraging every time I see a post from someone from another class who sees our plight.

I don't have GA now anyway, but should I somehow get ahold of it, I would appreciate any help I can get in using it.
    Steward

Well, also could I get someone to wax my Yalm?

Thumbs up

"adopt a fixer today" roflmao

<sigh> is good to know there are nice people out there

i too would like to thank those who have posted support for us over this issue

i just hope you don't need us to do the same for you someday

Hey guys I met deacon last night while playing my alt. He's very nice and this just raises my opinion of him.

Thanks man!

You're a service to the AO community in general.

John

3 cheers

First of all, a big tnx to TheDeacon for supporting our class to help overcome our problems.
    Second: It clearly pinpoints that our profession got MAJOR PROBLEMS when other classes have to aid us in such an extent, to make us playable.

Grid armor is good, no doubt. But the effectiveness of it is starting to go steep downhill by the time we can selfcast it... And they wanna nerf it? I havent played for 2 days, and every time i think of logging on to try to break the magic lvl 150, i get depressed, because i KNOW i will die a few times during a medium-large mission (Due to the fact that a: melee mobs crit me like hell and beyond, and b: FC nerfed dungeons, making it VERY HARD to find a place to hide or get away when those melee mobs start pounding my white a$$)...
    But you can bet your 2 cents that FC aint working hard to fix this bug...
    Teknolord, Rubi-Ka 1 fixer.

wow! thank you guys!
    Since I started the thread, i've met so many nice fixers and heard about all the problems that you all are having with nano skills and grid armor. I guess I never really sat down and thought about how bad it really was. and dangit, the fixer class is just plain out cool!

I encourage all fixers to give me a tell in game and let me know what you need as far as buffs and nano programming. The more I think of it, the happier i am that lots of MPs around Rubi Ka have warmed up to the idea of helping out other classes that have the dark blue nano skills, etc. However, Im a bit bummed that i havent yet spotted a grid armor instruction disc yet

Well here I am rambling again. I just wanted to thank you all for being so nice and a big "thank you" for all the new friends ive made in the last day or so

Take care guys and I'll see you all on Rubi Ka!

Sincerely,
    theDeacon
    lvl 128 MP - RK1

Thanks Deacon!

I'll tell you if I ever need anything.
    Yureiko

Level 74 Fixer

"You've been adrift in the sheltered harbor of my patience," - Cobra Bubbles

"There are computer games that handle the Fixer type character really well. AO is not one of them.

Check out Uplink, System Shock II and Project Eden for a truly engaging Fixer Fix."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast